Jump to content
Server time: 2017-08-22, 22:19

Sign in to follow this  
White Chocolate

[Open Frequency] Lost men.

Recommended Posts

White Chocolate    5

*Ulysses lay on his back in the woods, getting ready to settle for the night. Looking to his left he sees his sleeping partner. He picks the radio up, and begins to speak*

Calling all survivors. I'm Ulysses, not that it matters. I'm traveling with an ex-military. Heard stories of up north, specifically, Green Mountain. We made our way there, course of a few days. We were greeted by emptiness and disappointment. Any word on as to the traffic of the outpost? We've gone for supplies, be back tomorrow.

*Ulysses releases the button, laying his head on his coat he laid out as a pillow, watching the stars. Waiting for a response.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoxieFTW    0

* James wakes from his sleep and grabs his radio, he presses the transmit button*

 Hello there this is James i cant really speak for green mountain but theres alot of people passing the airfield maybe try asking there for towns and if you find any let me know

* James puts down his radio and goes back to bed*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dishes    159

*Caroline raises a brow and pulls her radio from a pouch on her backpack*

Green Mountain ya say hmm? Pfft, I never hear anything but bad things bout that place heh. So yeah, good luck with that mister Ulysses! ...Oh by the way, I think we've met before... maybe? If so then hi again!

*She giggles before putting her radio back away and continuing down the road*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

*A stranger opens up his radio while lighting up one of his last Cohiba cigars and holds down the PTT*

Yeah erm... Green mountain is fairly safe but I suggest you stay clear of the northwest airfield don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise it surely may be an elusive trap constructed by either slavers or straigh out bandits *coughs* God damn cigar is tough on my lungs, for my own safety I won't give my name out but try to survive best of luck.

*Lets go of the PTT throws the cigar out and sits down to drink some water to take the foul taste of the tobacco out of his mouth*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Chocolate    5

*The man awakens to be told of the responses by his partner who had awoken before him. He quickly grabbed the radio and held down to speak. he began with a chuckle* 

Well I'll be damned. Wasn't expecting so many responses. Appreciate the feedback, and will put to use what you've told me. I've hear bad stories about NW. Wasn't planning on heading there any time soon, but I'm thankful for the warnings, stranger. James was it? I haven't had much run ins with folks around here, which is why I sent this out. I met a fellow by the name of...christ I can't remember..but he was outside Stary. Visited the military compound just out of Vybor a few times too. Seems who ever is up here, they stick to themselves. 

*he takes a breath and a swig of the container of water he had in his bag, his throat becoming dry from speaking. he began to speak once more.* 

You say you've met me before? The voice isn't ringing a bell, sorry doll. 'specially if I don't know a name. Not that it'd matter. I'm better with faces. But I'm sure our paths will cross if meant to be. But bad things seem to be as scarce as good at Green mountain. Place was a ghost town last we were there. But to all. Thank you. I appreciate it. Good luck to you, we'll be heading back today. It's a long walk, but we should be there before the night ends. Good luck, and again. Thank ya. 

*Ulysses sighs, picking up his bag and flinging it over his shoulder. Adjusting his clothing to be comfortable he hooks the radio to his side, listening for other responses and calls. He looks to the sky and motions for his friend to follow, continuing their journey.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

* Nikolai reached for his radio and holds down the transmission button *

My friend, Green Mountain died a long time ago. The Kingdom has a conspiracy that the soil or the air in Kabanino were turning men crazy so they have quarantined that off, my advice is to just listen out on different radio frequencies for temporary trading posts. Heed this as a warning though, if you go into a public place, expect to be robbed and if you escape? Consider yourself lucky.

* Static *

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Chocolate    5

*His brow furrowed. A bit distraught he responded to the eerie message.*

What is with the talk of Kabanino?  Everyone I talk to about the town either quickly deter the subject, or tell some horror story. I think I'll check this place out myself. Wish me luck. As for Green Mountain...Ill work to get it running again. Into some type of, rest stop. Just a friendly place for survivors to lay their head. But first...first I'm gonna look into Kabanino.

*With that last line there was determination in his voice, and also a bit of fear. There was a click, then static.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Herico    33

*Adrian hears the man talk about going into Kabanino and screams into his radio*

AY AY WOA YOU

YOU ON THE RADIO

DO NOT! GO! INTO! KABANINO!

Joffery quarantined that place off. Set guards to regularly patrol the town. You get caught in there, you're right fucked mate.

*static*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Chocolate    5

*the man jumped at the sudden noise, looking to see if anyone, or thing heard. When he saw it was clear he responded* 

What are you crazy man?! Don't go yelling into the radio, that's how someone gets killed! As for your warnings, I won't go IN I'll just mosey around. But first I gotta stop up at GM. But christ don't scream like that...fuck. Man. Who's this Joffery guy? His name has been thrown around and I hear nothing but campfire stories. Who is he? 

*The radio goes to static, the sound of silence laced with the ambient white noise.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Herico    33

*Adrian sits down, and tries to remember when joffery first showed up*

First off, I'm sure that you could have survived whatever my shouting draw close to you than whats awaiting you in Kab.

Second off, Joffery. Popped up about, fuck, I don't know. Anyway, It was with the Family, had something going on with some chick. La de dah that fucks off. Next moment, boom, he's in with the French. Then some shit goes down there and they all have a bit of a fight. French piss off to god knows where, and now he's King of Chernarus.

*Adrian sits and thinks*

Hey, any of Joffery's guys listening? You should get a Royal Autobiographer or something, make a nice read I reckon.

*static*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Chocolate    5

*Ulysses sets his things down against the wall, leaning against the looming tower of Green Mountain. He holds the button and begins to speak. His tone playful and sarcastic, a bit unhinged.*

Either way, you never know what's on the other end..so just be cautious. As for Joffrey and Kab. Who deemed him king of this goddless land? I sure's hell didn't. There ain't no one King of me. I live my way and he can live his, if he don't like it he can kindly mind his own business. I'm just trying to survive this world, just as anyone else. And I don't need some chump I ain't ever heard of telling me what to do. So for now, I'll count my blessings. Live my days. 

*He clears his throat, his demeanor changing completely to a welcoming tone, friendly.* 

As for anyone else! Feel free to stop by Green Mountain. Goods to be traded or just a place to lay your head. A safe little rest stop. Don't worry, I won't bite.

*He lets the radio fall to static and looks to his partner with a smile, laughing softly to him. He lay the radio down and began to make a fire.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

*As he opens up a can of baked beans and starts chowing down on them the stranger notices all the chatter on the radio and with his greasy fingers he pushes down the transmit button and a voice comes to life*

Ulysses was it? Not to come off brash but are you insane? *starts laughing* I don't think you've gotten the memo yet I dunno maybe you have but we're in Chernarus, a whole lot of untrustworthy, degenerate, profligate scum that roam this place man and you talking about being in Green Mountain doesn't help much with your chances of survival I was a kind soul as to be giving you warning tips on the north west airfield but some others might not be as helpful as I am buddy maybe you're armed to the teeth or maybe you're not and perhaps you are roaming with some other people besides yourself but don't be a dumbass I'd like to not trek through Green Mountain and find a rotting corpse lying around I've seen enough of those.

*The man puts his finger off of the PTT and throws away the now empty can of beans away and proceeds to pray to his rosary he had stashed away in his bandolier*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyanch    0

*** Interested in the chatter emitting from the radio, Noah's hand slides into his left pocket, taking a hold of the radio. He brings it out, up to his mouth, and squeezes his thumb onto the transmit button. ***

Wait a second here... That area's quarantine? And... is there anything wrong with it, like... the water? I only spent a handful of minutes in there, and that was just to meet and greet, as well as cook some chicken. Although, I will admit, the locals do seem a little off the wall, you have that right... Is there any other place to sit down and settle?

*** A few disgruntled mumbles could be heard as the radio seems to be pulled away from the man's mouth. Noah lifts his thumb off the transmit button, sliding the radio back into his pocket. ***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

*After he is done with his Hail Marys and Our Father the stranger grabs his radio and pushes down on the transmit button letting his voice be heard* 

How many people are going to end up in this frequency? Only a real genius would fucking drink out from any water that is in a pond there's shit in em, blood and all other sorts of gunk you wouldn't want in your body best have some purification tablets I honestly don't know where you would want to go but one thing for sure is you shouldn't go down to the south the place is infested with slavers and sickos you're best off staying up in the north but be wary you'll never know who you'll encounter

*The man decides to release his finger from the PTT and lights up a cigarette while laying in an old bed*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melvin    84

*** Interested in the chatter emitting from the radio, Noah's hand slides into his left pocket, taking a hold of the radio. He brings it out, up to his mouth, and squeezes his thumb onto the transmit button. ***

Wait a second here... That area's quarantine? And... is there anything wrong with it, like... the water? I only spent a handful of minutes in there, and that was just to meet and greet, as well as cook some chicken. Although, I will admit, the locals do seem a little off the wall, you have that right... Is there any other place to sit down and settle?

*** A few disgruntled mumbles could be heard as the radio seems to be pulled away from the man's mouth. Noah lifts his thumb off the transmit button, sliding the radio back into his pocket. ***

Greetings citizens of this fine land, this is Mr Chang, emissary of the Kingdom.

The official capital of the Kingdom, Novy Sobor is available.  Alternatively, any vassal houses with their towns will gladly welcome a supporter of the Kingdom. They will find protection there.

There are maps//mediathreadorourgroupthread pasted all around showing who owns what. This is only the preliminary stages but it gives you a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Chocolate    5

*Ulysses catches his breath, taking shelter in a nearby shed. He scrambles to get the old battery out of his pockets, fumbling to get it into the newfound radio he has in his hands. His breath coming out in deep, short increments, his hands shaking. After getting the radio working he turns it on, broadcasting once more, his voice tired, uneasy.*

Listen, hey. I Don't know if any of you are still even listening. But I Didn't hear a goddamn reply since my last broadcast. I just found this fucking thing..*static*...was taken hostage by a group donning...*static*...Only one. Partner and I were separated. I don't think it was actually them..something seemed off. Right now taking shelter in..*static*...Managed to get away. Not a Distress beacon. 

*Disgruntled he smacked the radio against his hand, trying to get it to work. cursing under his breath he kicked the side of the shed, slid the radio into his pocket, and went searching for his lost man.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joules    231

*Tucker takes a long swig from his bottle of vodka and depresses the PTT*

"Do you think anyone really cares? Hell I'll nab you next myself! You call to the airwaves thinking maybe someone will help you? That someone will identify your attackers and take pity? Sorry bub, the rest of the world doesn't care. What ever, or whome ever you consider family might care, but I... I don't care. All you do is scream to the world that you are easy to fuck with. If I ever hear your voice... I'll remind you of that. Rest assured, you're days on this earth are numbered if you don't figure out your own fuckin' self. Find the guys who fucked with you, and kill them. Don't scream over radio to the whole world about what happened. Be a man... fuck em' up!... wait... not distress beacon... okay I'm drunk, forgive me. Still... what I said applies. Don't ever think this way."

*he sighs and releases the PTT*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Chocolate    5

*Ulysses listens to the drunken broadcast, the slurred speech of the man and he can't help but laugh. He let's the man finish his thought, the proceeds to talk, the broadcast still not clear.*

Alright hot shot, calm down. Take a breath, or a drink. You're bringing a worried man joy with your drunken banter. I wasn't calling for help, I-*static*-a heed to those thinking about heading north. Even more so, a hope that my part-*static*-ucking thing...*he pounds the radio to his palm* So, Rob, buddy, if you're listening to me, and this drunk, Meet me at the Rendezvous. We need a new co-*static*-ee you soon.

*He releases the button, looking to the ground and laughing. Thinking to himself, he takes a spoonful of ravioli, and downs the cold sauce covered disks of meat and pasta. What a guy. There are some real characters out here.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×