Server time: 2017-08-23, 06:27

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
LTWalri

Question on "scouts"

Question

LTWalri    0

So I just want to make sure this idea we had is Ok.

The idea is to send a person or two into a town or somewhere we think is populated to check if people are friendly. If they are, the rest of the group comes down, and if not the rest of the group still comes down... just with a much different tone.

The rules on things like this aren't really clear, because I don't think it's necessarily baiting. I also don't feel it's power-gaming. So I just want to ask so nobody gets in trouble. 

Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

Unknown Entity    126

Not baiting. This is a common tactic.

Just remember to initiate when everyone is in 500m radius, granting everyone in your group Kos rights on non compliants.

Lot's of people use this, you're fine :D

Boston    650

No rule-break here at all. In-fact, many groups frequently have scouts.

If your scout is told to put his hands up, you still gain KoS, and it's not baiting or powergaming whatsoever. :)

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :D

Clumsy    144

Since it wasn't addressed, as long as the scout doesn't go in with the soul purpose of pissing people off and doing something that forces them be initiated on just so the rest of the group that hang back gain KOS rights.

If you are simply sending someone in to find out if the town is clear or what kind of people are in the town that is fine and used by almost everyone on the server.

Dusty    1064

Just a clarification on the baiting part:

It's not baiting if nobody is forced to initiate. Hostile RP is not baiting, it is simply hostile RP, and if one side or the other initiates, there are no issues.

An example of baiting would be if I were to physically block you into a building or room, and would not let you out no matter what you said. With no other possible way to exit, I would have to initiate to get you to move by either you complying to my demand to move or by killing you. I hope this helps clarify some misconceptions, and I'm glad your question has been answered.