Server time: 2017-08-16, 17:31

Sign in to follow this  
Fidz

Need help regarding an incident

Question

Fidz    8

So i was in NWAF today and i was on the ATC practicing my shooting skills on zombies,i know not the best place,about 3 minutes later i get killed,i never interfered with anyone nor did i talk to anyone for like a full day,and the thing is,i was not recording nor did i even hear/see where someone was shooting me from, i was in healthy status,not bleeding so i had to of have died by a shot,

My question is,can i do anything against the person that shot me even though i don't have a recording of it? there were 6 people online at the time.

12 answers to this question

You could make a report. The GM staff will search the logs.

Phoenix    1030

Yes. You can always file a report and let the staff team handle the situation, at least find the logs of the person who shot you and possibly talk it out over TeamSpeak with a staff member in the room together with the two of you.

From what you are describing, there was no initiation that took place that could've led to you not complying and dying.

May I ask, have you been in a situation earlier that day (up to 2 hours pre) that may have led to someone having KOS rights on you?

Hebi Kotei    302

Send a report in, with the details of what was happening, the logs will show who shot you and POV's will be posted. If you think that a situation you were directly involved in had a rule break, you are entitled to post a report.

Don't forget to read this before posting your report

Voodoo    354

Probably a glitch death as the ATC is known for breaking legs and instant death.

You can always enquire about the death to a GM who would be able to look at the logs and advise you if a report is suitable.

Felli    65

Like Voodoo said, you could contact a GM and ask them to check the logs before you make a report.

Melvin    84

You probably glitched out. This is caused by the game not registering your new position from desync so it instead thinks you just jumped from the roof of the ATC. Happens to the best of us. If you didn't hear a snap or crack, all the more, your glitched out.

Otherwise, you may head to the help desk and poke to ask for the logs for your character if you think you got KOSed. Search your memory for anyone who might think they have KoS rights on you. Perhaps, you shooting the zombies could be one of them thinking you are shooting them.

Hope this helps, OP.

Fidz    8

Yes. You can always file a report and let the staff team handle the situation, at least find the logs of the person who shot you and possibly talk it out over TeamSpeak with a staff member in the room together with the two of you.

From what you are describing, there was no initiation that took place that could've led to you not complying and dying.

May I ask, have you been in a situation earlier that day (up to 2 hours pre) that may have led to someone having KOS rights on you?

I was gone from my pc for like 30-45 minutes (logged off) and i had little to no contact today,last contact with any person i had was with someone shouting at me yesterday near the tents in nwaf but i ran off lol and never interfered with them,i did not hear any bone cracking noises and i was only shooting at zombies with a suppressor,

edit*; by "little to no contact" i mean that i saw a person running around the hangers earlier today and so i hid to watch him but that was pretty much it,didnt talk,didnt shoot.

Phoenix    1030

I was gone from my pc for like 30-45 minutes (logged off) and i had little to no contact today,last contact with any person i had was with someone shouting at me yesterday near the tents in nwaf but i ran off lol and never interfered with them,i did not hear any bone cracking noises and i was only shooting at zombies with a suppressor,

edit*; by "little to no contact" i mean that i saw a person running around the hangers earlier today and so i hid to watch him but that was pretty much it,didnt talk,didnt shoot.

Did you hear a shot when you died? If not, it may be a glitch that occurs in the ATC. People die there near enough every couple days due to glitches.

If you didn't hear any shots it may not be worth making a report. Be aware that the ATC as well as the Fire Station are very glitchy as well as Police Stations. The stars can break your legs or kill you. Be careful when you walk up or downstairs.

Fidz    8

Did you hear a shot when you died? If not, it may be a glitch that occurs in the ATC. People die there near enough every couple days due to glitches.

If you didn't hear any shots it may not be worth making a report. Be aware that the ATC as well as the Fire Station are very glitchy as well as Police Stations. The stars can break your legs or kill you. Be careful when you walk up or downstairs.

the thing is i was in a prone position on the top of the atc from time to time getting up crouched could that really kill you?

Castiel    1124

The glitch in the ATC is similar to that of fire stations, police stations and several houses. The game doesn't register you as being upstairs, so when you take a step / stand it will glitch you through the floor and kill you as if you fell the distance. It is always recommended to press vault (V) when you go upstairs in any building to avoid this occurring in the future.

Phoenix    1030

the thing is i was in a prone position on the top of the atc from time to time getting up crouched could that really kill you?

Yes it could. If you didn't hear a shot and you say there was only 6 people online with you, the chances of you being RDM'd is very slim.

Hop into the 'Waiting for staff help' channel in our Team Speak at your earliest convenience and a GM will get the logs for you. It was most probably a glitch however it's better to know for sure in these situations. I will go a head and /Solve this, Don't hesitate to ask anything else if you have any other concerns.