Server time: 2017-08-18, 01:30

Sign in to follow this  
GaryCash

Logging off after Robbery

GaryCash    23

Hey to the five people or so who robbed me last night, in the future, while its totally fine because you all asked for permission to log off after the robbery, you all really shouldn't be robbing someone if every single one of you is going to ask for permission to log off.  I wasn't going to tell you guys no as it was probably late where you were (it was late where I was,) but in the future, if you don't have the time to wait out a combat log timer, you really shouldn't be taking someone's gear or engaging in hostile or robbery RP.  By all of you signing off, the RP ended for me right afterwards and I waited for my own combat timer then logged.  Again, its fine cause you guys asked for permission, and I granted it, but in the future, if your not going to have the time to give your victims a chance to get revenge during the following two hour PvP timer, you really shouldn't be committing a robbery.

End Rant.

TLDR:  Don't rob people if your entire squad is going to ask for permission to log off immediately after the robbery, it doesn't give the victim a chance to get revenge and it abruptly ends the RP.

Other then that, I enjoyed myself last night during the RP session and I thought it was pretty epic, I'm also looking forward to seeing where further story arch development between our characters will go.  I'm not trying to call you guys out, but I just think the situation could have used better etiquette.

-snip-

Defiance    96

I'll occasionally ask, especially if the person has no intention of hunting me down.

I definitely don't think that asking for permission to log out is a bad thing, especially since the log out timer was recently doubled.

Just report them next time. Or report them now!

I am sure there were logs of some sorts from this situation. If you dont let staff handle rule breakers then they will keep doing it

Report them for what? They asked permission to log out and GaryCash granted it. This entire thread seems really worthless to me.

If you had a problem with it, then don't grant them permission to log out.

Boom! Problem solved! Booyah!

I'll occasionally ask, especially if the person has no intention of hunting me down.

I definitely don't think that asking for permission to log out is a bad thing, especially since the log out timer was recently doubled.

I am sure there were logs of some sorts from this situation. If you dont let staff handle rule breakers then they will keep doing it

Report them for what? They asked permission to log out and GaryCash granted it. This entire thread seems really worthless to me.

Read that wrong I guess.. I suppose I dont see whats going on in this rant. 

Gary, I guess you should have just not given them permission?

GaryCash    23

Read that wrong I guess.. I suppose I dont see whats going on in this rant. 

Gary, I guess you should have just not given them permission?

I can understand why you think the thread is worthless, and maybe I shouldn't have given the entire group permission to log. But if someone ever asks me for permission to log I'm gonna tell them yes every time I would think. I just made the thread to let the group know in the future that maybe one or two from the group logging immediately after is fine... But a whole squad feels a little rediculous and I thought it should be said for going forwards in the future. So in that sense I feel it was necessary to make this thread.

Hebee    2216

As it says in the rules, so they should already know,

a4d066e890cc35bccb17e30c212a7849.png

But to be fair you should of just told them no if it was going to bother you that much, it was your decision at that point and you let them log off.

GaryCash    23

As it says in the rules, so they should already know,

a4d066e890cc35bccb17e30c212a7849.png

But to be fair you should of just told them no if it was going to bother you that much, it was your decision at that point and you let them log off.

True.  But if they all asked again, I'd let them all log again.  I guess I just wished they hadn't all had to log, but then again I'm sure that they probably didn't want to log either.  Oh well.

To defend Gary here, maybe he just didn't want to be a dick about it. So he's asking politely that people not knowingly put others in the position of having to be a dick to be able to use their KoS rights.

The real tl;dr: don't assume that someone'll be fine with your ENTIRE GROUP ignoring the combat log timer and put them on the spot. It won't kill you to NOT rob someone if you don't have the time to do it by the book, and don't assume that just because the victim CAN give you permission to leave that you should just ignore the rule that Hebee so kindly quoted.