Server time: 2017-08-23, 04:03

Sign in to follow this  
MisterMartijn

Altar Radio - in-character news and info! [NEW BROADCAST AS OF 23-07]

Disclaimer: the broadcasts are providing (and based off) IC information. This means that using the radio show as a source for In Game information is NOT METAGAMING!

b5f4889318f2b12229e2b9904e07c6a3.png

radio-days-nf.regular.png

ACT II

Caddy Caddillac

"Well hello there, oh my big beautiful Chernarus! This is Caddy Cadillac, back on the air, back in your ears, back in your hearts. Me and the Altar Radio staff got some of these space age wonders here in the radio station up and running - it took a lotta batteries - and if ol' Caddy ain't mistaken, we have mastered the art of recording broadcasts! 

That's right folks; be it a dead battery, a stolen radio, or just being out of range of the best damn radio station left in the land, you may have missed one of ol' Caddy's live broadcasts. Well no more faithful listener, because we are gonna be running all the greatest hits from ol' Caddy and Uncle Jimmy on a loop on this here frequency - to keep you, oh beautiful listener, company whilst the flesh-and-blood Caddy is taking a nap, a shit, or restocking my beer supply.

In the meantime Chernarus, keep up the good fight, and keep this frequency close to your ear - cause even if I ain't home right now, I'm not far gone - and I'm always up for a chat.

Stay Beautiful Chernarus!"

Caddy let go of the transmit button and gave Dan a thumbs up, who was seated behind the glass in the studio. The man gave him nothing but a wink and a smile back. Dan looked tired and worn out, he realized. A lot has had happened since the original crew broadcasted the first few radio shows. Some call it naive, others think it's stupid; only a week later the radio station was attacked. Dan did not like to go in detail, but rumor is that his friend and the original manager of Altar Radio died in this assault. This tragedy resulted in Dan giving up his position as host and taking up the function of his deceased friend. Considering nobody else on the station was up for the job as radio host, Dan made one last transmission asking for help. Caddy thought back of the broadcast that lured him to the station and there he was, the new voice of Altar Radio.

radio-days-nf.regular.png

Altar Radio uses two different media. 

On server EU 2 you can listen to the radio hosts broadcasting on frequency 87.8 (if we have a DJ broadcasting on Altar Hill)

You can find the recorded shows with the more important stories on this media thread. These broadcasts will contain more information and have written scripts.

Press the titles for a redirect to the broadcasts.

EP00 - General Chatter [PILOT]

General Chatter is a recorded and edited version of the In-Game transmitted radio show. Because of this, the format of the pilot is not as suited for the Forums as it is In Game. The next Forum broadcast will be a better indication for the future shows in this thread. Feedback on ways to improve the shows is very appreciated! 

EP01 - Doctors and dynasties

This weeks broadcast includes the following topics & highlights:

1. L.I.F.E. interview with Dr Hope Pisces.
  2. The Kingdoms Quarantine of Kabanino.
  3. Novy Bandit Movements
  4. The 101 Clan
  5. The Merchants of Staroye.
  6. The Horizons Clan

This is great, +1

Brad    155

Very well done!  Have to ask of Caddy has some real life radio experience?  Hope to see/hear more of these, would love to catch one live in game!

KoNos    1

Good job man! Keep it up!

Waiting to hear this IG

McDugals    37

You guys should host your own twitch to broadcast to people to just listen to whether if they are at work or doing work at home!

You guys should host your own twitch to broadcast to people to just listen to whether if they are at work or doing work at home!

We're still looking for a good place to host the files.

We might also upload the raw 2 hour long IG broadcasts, if people would be interested.

Our focus now is to produce some Forum content :)

Faded ink    4

Altar Radio Broadcast #2!

500x500https://puu.sh/qb1fU/742c5d3a11.png[/img]

https://www.iradeo.com/station/140225

Well howdy there Chernarus, this is Caddy Cadillac - I know we've been a bit absent on this here thread posting our editted down broadcasts (and we have been doing regular IG broadcasts on S2 most nights around 20:00 GMT), but that's all gonna change! I am personally going to be posting weekly (or on busy weeks bi-weekly) broadcasts right here to keep you informed with the news and entertained with the music that we've been pumping out these past few days.

In addition, we've started a new series of interviews covering all the major players and clans around Chernarus, starting with this weeks guest: L.I.F.E and their leader Dr. Hope Pisces! This will be a regular series so if you feel your group has enough clout behind it to be the Savior or Menace of Chernarus, just PM me and we'll setup an interview post haste!

This weeks broadcast includes the following topics & highlights:

1. L.I.F.E. interview with Dr Hope Pisces.
  2. The Kingdoms Quarantine of Kabanino.
  3. Novy Bandit Movements
  4. The 101 Clan
  5. The Merchants of Staroye.
  6. The Horizons Clan

If you have any news or song requests you want broadcast, just PM myself, or hop onto S2 and head on over to Altar Hill to join in the fun IG.

Hope you enjoy our newest broadcast - all our hard work is in service to you and the RP of the community. Thanks to all involved. 

Keep listening Chernarus! 

Apologies for the technical hitch there, Dayzrp embed doesn't appreciate large audio files - should be fixed now. Enjoy folks, Caddy Cadillac out!

Very well done!  Have to ask of Caddy has some real life radio experience?  Hope to see/hear more of these, would love to catch one live in game!

Appreciate the kind words my man!  We got Broadcast number 2 up, with a lot more regular episodes to come. Hope you enjoy!

Mercy    504

I throughly enjoyed being interview; so friendly and you end up taking your time making something that takes dedication :D

I throughly enjoyed being interview; so friendly and you end up taking your time making something that takes dedication :D

It is a lot of work, but we do it with great pleasure!

Thanks for the kind words and your interests.