Server time: 2017-08-20, 09:54

Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Weyland

[W.I.P Preview] Base building in DayZ and AK Firearm Malfunction Animation

Mr.Weyland    11

looks neat

Hebi Kotei    302

Looks pretty sweet, but it also looks like it is gonna be pretty annoying to build a base. We'll have to wait and see for when this is in experimental so I can experiment with this. :P

Thanks for sharing :D

Looks like it can be improved, Looks pretty neat though.

Majoo    644

Lookin really good :) Lets see how they make it in the end...

Legend    5

A good start, looking forward to seeing the finished product - definitely has the potential add a lot more to gameplay.

Mr. night    4

just add this, ramps, and planks for right now and I will be happy I would just love to barricade guard and build those simple things already. I am very aroused by this :)

Doc Phlox    24

It looks cool, but also looks overly complex in its current stage, would love to see it streamlined in the end, like a specific UI for building

Looking Cool.

Sorry no igloos

This video reminds me of that minigame where you click and drag items for 3 minutes to spawn a tiny fence.

Dead End    13

I REALLY don't want to see just box houses in the most unlikely/unfitting place they can possibly be. I've played Unturned, I know how this is going to go as I am sure many others do as well.

Alex    451

I really wouldn't judge base building off of this. This is probably the earliest possible teaser of it. It's gonna look miles different when we get to play with it.

Notice that camo tarp on the top of the military tent? Kinda neat.

Mr.Weyland    11

I am hopeing that we eventually can make some kind of camo netting to have over tents and stuff.

I like the camo netting that is on top of Altar right next to the radio building.

I REALLY don't want to see just box houses in the most unlikely/unfitting place they can possibly be. I've played Unturned, I know how this is going to go as I am sure many others do as well.

I don't see how else they can do it - unless there's prefab buildings (like in Fallout 4) which will just end up looking repetitive and generic. Unless they open up modding to third party to allow a greater variable of prefab structures, walls, doors etc. we just have to make due with a very basic set of structures.

In DayZRP I'd rather see these walls used to fortify existing towns (For example, building higher fencing and patching up the holes in the Green Mountain compound, rather than create some weird Box fort in the middle of nowhere.

Lavi    0

Not much to see but looks okay as a first impression for me. The question is how far they gonna improve it? :)

Marcunt    218

I just hope that when this is finally implemented DayZRP will have fair rules regarding raiding and stealing. I would not want to spend lots of my time building a "base" or settlement just to have everything stolen as soon as I log off.

Anyhow, it's a great start to the feature.

Karichii    10

So I wonder how long it's gunna take before we see this, I would give it til .70