McDugals

End of the Year Award Suggestion

Would this be a good idea?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be a good idea?

• Hell yes
    • Hells to the no

McDugals    37

So while we have some time before we reach the End of the Year awards, I thought of 3 simple categories that apply to RP Types.

Best Survivor Award- A True Survivor, showcases the best Survivor based RP on the severs

Best Bandit Award- A character/player known for being the most evil, cunning, ruthless or even charismatic character on the server

Best Hero Award- A true hero of the apocalypse, does whatever he can to help people and defeat the bandit scum!

I'd love to hear ideas from the community on how this sort of thing can be decided and such! OR! Simply vote if you like this idea or not!

Mellstrom    21

A character/player known for being the most evil, cunning, ruthless

So basically clowns?

A character/player known for being the most evil, cunning, ruthless

So basically clowns?

This isn't the meme thread Mellstrom.

I think the yearly awards should be different this year, something fresh, not create a system where friends vote for friends. These categories you suggested will be difficult to chose as not everyone will have played with the nominees.

I think it's a bit difficult to categorize a character just under one of these titles, since most people let their characters go trough several phases in their lives. I love more things to give awards for, but we already have character of the year, I think maybe this would go into too much detail and it might be difficult deciding a fair winner.

I think it's a bit difficult to categorize a character just under one of these titles, since most people let their characters go trough several phases in their lives. I love more things to give awards for, but we already have character of the year, I think maybe this would go into too much detail and it might be difficult deciding a fair winner.

This^

McDugals    37

I am aware of the fact that there is a Character of the Year don't get me wrong, but I feel that in a game where you end up either a good guy, a bad guy, or someone who is on the fence, it doesn't seem fair to have a single person be a somewhat representative of good RP. These arch types are important in any sort of roleplay device and as such should be made into separate categories so that they can each represent themselves in their own area of RP. Also note I know that sounds contradictory but I'm hoping you understand what I mean

Now in regards to your first point yes many characters do in fact change over time but I can't exactly put my finger on anyone who has gone from being evil to being a good guy, that sort of thing isn't as easy as the show Heroes where a character switches over in an instant.

Mellstrom    21

This isn't the meme thread Mellstrom.

Rip meme thread 1337-2016

Still, i meant what i said.

I like the idea but it could be a little hard to judge the "winner(s)".

However when we do nominate people for these awards there are examples and reasons given.

So if you were to nominate a character for being the most notorious villain, there would need to be some evidence proving how dastardly they can be, or perhaps how cunning. Then there would need to be something heroic or perhaps selfless for proving why another would deserve to be the "best" hero.

As for a survivor, well would you rate them only simply how well they do what they need to survive? Are they a survivor for not going out of their way to help or harm people? Is it because of how well they balance their neutrality or how convincing and realistic their character is as a survivor?

Hatch you suggested something new, any specifics?

McDugals    37

I like the idea but it could be a little hard to judge the "winner(s)".

However when we do nominate people for these awards there are examples and reasons given.

So if you were to nominate a character for being the most notorious villain, there would need to be some evidence proving how dastardly they can be, or perhaps how cunning. Then there would need to be something heroic or perhaps selfless for proving why another would deserve to be the "best" hero.

As for a survivor, well would you rate them only simply how well they do what they need to survive? Are they a survivor for not going out of their way to help or harm people? Is it because of how well they balance their neutrality or how convincing and realistic their character is as a survivor?

This would be a fantastic way of doing so Dom! Thank you for your suggestion!