Server time: 2017-10-21, 21:26
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Tom Taylor

Ownership of cars

Tom Taylor    0

So bassicaly I have this car and it the idea came to my head that there isn't really a clear rule or system in place which ensures the owners of safety for their cars. Since there isn't the ability to have your own key for a car, I thought it would be a good suggestion to change to ruleset a bit where it's not just if people see you driving in to the city then they know it's your car and it will be seen as theft. But when they haven't or claim 'they haven't' they can even report you for shooting them while jacking your car... even though I don't have a clear solution for this myself I just wanted to have this in to consideration at least. You can correct me if I am talking stupid :P

EDIT:

A bit of a misconseption on my end, it's more about the fact that you can't really defend your own car being jacked without being reported in some kind of way for rdm. Just to clear that up a bit

Pinky    128

I don't think this is a good suggestion because the rule would be too shifty and could be exploited with ease.

Also more rules = more rule play which sucks for rp

I think the cars are fine now if you don't want yours stolen keep an eye on it like you would in a real life senerio

P.s. You can't take damage when in a car so if someone steals it initiate and shoot the tire out :*

Eagle    409

Reporting someone for just taking a car just doesn't sound right, we might as well report people for taking your gun if this would be a thing..

Pinky    128

It sounded better in my head oh well

I can understand your standpoint, because I frequently played on other RP servers like this where ownership of cars was heavily inforced, however I just don't think Dayzrp is the time or the place for this rule.

Eagle    409

It sounded better in my head oh well

I get where you're coming from and it works well for Arma 3 or something like that but DayZ isn't that sort of a game since if you think about it cars are more of the less hijacked then an actual key being used for them, even tho reporting would be going too far, but allowing them to be killed if seen taking the car sounds fine since it is your own property and that is something that I would agree with.

Grimnir    662

Yep agree. Ownership of stuff makes perfect sense in an apocalypse. /sarcasm

Tom Taylor    0

I kind of suggested it in a bad way. The only real thing that bothers me is that you can easily be reported for killing someone hijacking your car

McDugals    39

It's the end of the world, there are people who will rob you for the clothes on your back, and the bullets in your gun. I don't think having a car ownership setup is really needed to be honest.

Sofie    0

No. I will take any car I want, like I will take any gear I want.

Xero3451    0

No. I will take any car I want, like I will take any gear I want.

Basically how it works, don't want it stolen stash it or protect it tbh, don't need rules for someone jacking your car.

marianosvc    27

I don't agree with this idea. This is an apocalypse, not a working society. People take whatever they want. This is DayZ not SA:MP.

Oliv    1882

As with camps and just about any gear, you need to be able to defend it, protect it, in order to lay claim to it.

Defiance    96

P.s. You can't take damage when in a car so if someone steals it initiate and shoot the tire out :*

This is completely untrue. I killed a man in the passenger seat of a Sedan the other week, and knocked the driver unconscious. You definitely are susceptible to bullets when in a vehicle. I think the windows need to be broken in order for it to work, but bullets can break windows so you just have to shoot a few extra times.

SouthernMan    1

Quick question about this. If someone takes or is in the process of taking the car can you shoot them? Also what if you catch someone in your tent?

I know you should try to rp with them first but what if there already driving off?

Pinky    128

This is completely untrue. I killed a man in the passenger seat of a Sedan the other week, and knocked the driver unconscious. You definitely are susceptible to bullets when in a vehicle. I think the windows need to be broken in order for it to work, but bullets can break windows so you just have to shoot a few extra times.

I've taken a few shells from less then a meter away from a shotgun and it didn't effect the window at all. 

But that's Dayz for you.

Defiance    96

I've taken a few shells from less then a meter away from a shotgun and it didn't effect the window at all. 

But that's Dayz for you.

The shotgun is really buggy from my experience, so I'm definitely not surprised.

I Protect my car taking out the Sparks, it helps preventing the car to get stolen as long as the hijackers don't have them in their Pockets.

I have my car for 4 days now

Ofcourse you can do the Same with every Other nessecary car part hahaha

Felli    65

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought protecting a car would be the same as a camp, stash or just your gear. Obviously if you leave it somewhere and someone takes it you can't do anything about it, but if you are next to the car and you clearly tell them it's yours but they take it anyway, that gives you the right to defend it?