Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:05

Sign in to follow this  

It was all going so well...

Me and a friend was up at the nwaf after looting the tents and heard some shots on the airfield, we saw a single guy so I went over to say hi whilst my friend watched me. After establishing that this guy wasn't alone and was meeting a friend at the tents I decided to go with him, my friend re-positioned in the trees next to the tents, we had a strong feeling that this guy had more than one friend and was going to try to rob me.

Nearing the tents, the guy was starting to act a little more suspicious however I could tell it would make for some good rp and my first combat experience in dayzrp. The video here is the series of events once we neared the tents :

(Video is in 480p because when recording mass amounts of dayzrp footage it takes up barely any space)

[video=youtube]

It was all going so well until a perfectly timed grenade ruined the fun :)

Props to the guys that robbed me though, was good fun!

Anyone else here in the community had an experience like it? if so please do share!

Legend    5

Damn, that ending. The surrender/weapon bugs can be frustrating af in situations like that, but getting through it only to be blown up - tragic!

Spartan    1019

you talk with your hands up, thats forbidden...

also 2:30, you are talking again with your hands up, rule break aswell.

also, you said you picked up your radio but Rachel took it from you, lot of meta gaming rulebreaks in this vid, hope you see it yourself.

you were glitched on our screen, sliding around with your hands up. That was the only reason I didn't shoot you from the woods and the only reason you were able to kill Rachel.

I killed you by the way with a grenade after I chased your friend away by shooting at him ( The range on my scope was fucked up so i missed :( ).

That grenade was an amazing throw :)

Also I didn't know that you couldn't speak with hands up, i thought as long as i had my radio i could speak because in the rules about metagaming it just says "Using or giving any information about your killer or location of your body after you are dead, surrendering, handcuffed or have had your "radio" removed through emotes.", anyways thanks for clearing that up, I'll be sure not to do it again.

Yeah that bug with the hands etc. was really annoying for both sides, anyways it was good fun, clusterfuck in general but fun.

Again I'm sorry about my misunderstanding of the rules, I won't be doing it again now I know. It was all heat in the moment, first time being held up in dayzrp. Also i assumed that the women who took my radio would have dropped it when she ran or something.

Also any idea when the bugs in the video are planned to be fixed?

Spartan    1019

That grenade was an amazing throw :)

Also I didn't know that you couldn't speak with hands up, i thought as long as i had my radio i could speak, thanks for clearing that up, I'll be sure not to do it again.

Yeah that bug with the hands etc. was really annoying for both sides, anyways it was good fun, clusterfuck in general but fun.

Again I'm sorry about my misunderstanding of the rules, I won't be doing it again now I know. It was all heat in the moment, first time being held up in dayzrp. Also i assumed that the women who took my radio would have dropped it when she ran or something.

Also any idea when the bugs in the video are planned to be fixed?

don't worry about it. glad you got it now so you won't do it next time ;)

Its dayz, so it will probaly get fixed in a year or so...

NathSnr    2

I have to ask: where did you get the Gorka helmet? I've been looking for one since 0.60 came out so I can be hardcore best rp'er russian supersoldier but no luck so far.

I have to ask: where did you get the Gorka helmet? I've been looking for one since 0.60 came out so I can be hardcore best rp'er russian supersoldier but no luck so far.

Just found it in one of the stary tents

PatZ    386

it was good fun, was salty that i died cuz there were 2 of my friends with weps out and i got shot first without holding one :D