Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:51
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
GaryCash

Do radios work when your not holding them?

Question

GaryCash    33

If you leave a in game radio on a particular channel and leave it on with batteries, then leave it say in a bag, in a vehicle or just on the ground, will it still broadcast sound in the area from people who are also using radios on that channel?

6 answers to this question

Charlo    0

Hello GaryCash, If you turn the radio on and leave it on the ground or in a backpack it will still transmit. I'm not sure about cars though.

Does this solve your question?

Yes it will:D!

As of now I feel like the radios are a little bit bugged, somtimes the people around you can hear it, sometimes not, sometimes only the people with a radio. But yes, youcan still hear everything when you leave it in your bag or on the ground.

Hebee    2654

Yes it will still transmit as long as it is on. But they are weird at the moment, once you get a certain distance away from the transmitter you will only hear the transmission if you have previously had the radio in your hands. So if you wanted your entire group to hear it after you have reached roughly 900m away - each of them would have to pick it up and hold it in their hands, then give it back to you. At least this is my experience with them so far this patch.

GaryCash    33

Yeah thank you Charlie, Cheers! That's very interesting, I've been finding a ton of radios and batteries lately they could be used in unison to project some ones voice outwards over a small area.

Charlo    0

Hopefully all of these answer your question. Don't hesitate to ask anything else. I'll go ahead and /Solve this thread but I'll leave it open for further discussion.

Yeah thank you Charlie, Cheers!  That's very interesting, I've been finding a ton of radios and batteries lately they could be used in unison to project some ones voice outwards over a small area.

There is a radio station transmitting music from altar so you might want to tune in on that freq ;) (probs 87.8)

I thinnk they currently transmit on s2.