Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:33

Sign in to follow this  
isocade

More and More Games Incorporating Competitive Modes

isocade    90

Call of Duty, Team Fortress 2 as of recently, Overwatch, Battleborn (ayy lmao), and in the process of an Alpha test, Insurgency (In the future, Insurgency Sandstorm, the remake on Unreal Engine 4 with a console port and full campaign mode; Legit go check it out it's fucking CASH!)

What do you fellows think of more games putting in eSports and CS:GO style competitive modes into their games? Is it good or bad for the community and why? What kind of impact do you think this is going to have on the future of first person shooter games?

I'll be real, I don't really like eSports at all nor do I like CS:GO style competitive modes because I'm not naturally a competitive person, probably an insecurity or something of mine but I absolutely cannot stand having to go face to face with someone who is of a ridiculously high skill level in comparison to me. Some folks might say "git gud xdd" but legit it's annoying as shit trying to be a real calculated motherfucker when some gopnik jumps through a window full-speed, pulls a 110 degree turn and pops your head like a melon. Yeah, that's over-exaggerating but to say it's impossible is to be a real fool about it.

I'll be real, I don't really like eSports at all nor do I like CS:GO style competitive modes because I'm not naturally a competitive person, probably an insecurity or something of mine but I absolutely cannot stand having to go face to face with someone who is of a ridiculously high skill level in comparison to me. Some folks might say "git gud xdd" but legit it's annoying as shit trying to be a real calculated motherfucker when some gopnik jumps through a window full-speed, pulls a 110 degree turn and pops your head like a melon. Yeah, that's over-exaggerating but to say it's impossible is to be a real fool about it.

That's why these games have casual modes. :^)

Competition has been around since two neanderthals compared rocks and pointed out that one was bigger than the other. It isn't going anywhere.