Server time: 2017-10-19, 18:29
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
LuckyMcHatchet

Video games with trailers/scenes where the music fits perfectly, or it's just epic

I thought of this when I saw the thread about "Most Emotional Moments in Video Games". To clarify, I'm mainly talking about using licensed music in a trailer or scene, not original soundtracks. Here's an example:

[video=youtube]

Also these:

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

This one wasn't really in a scene or trailer, it was in the ending credits:

[video=youtube]

Not sure if this is really what you meant, however I find The Witcher 3 trailers to be insanely cool.

[video=youtube]

The eerie song fits perfectly, and like so many others, I cannot say enough good things about this game.

That Witcher trailer was cool, but I'm talking using already recorded songs, like songs NOT created for the game, still cool though. This next one I got is a good example. It used Jimi Hendrix's cover of Bob Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower" on the cars radio first, then plays "House Of The The Rising Sun" by The Animals at the end. I also would like to say I'm beyond hyped for this game. Here it is: [video=youtube]

Also got this one, using Johnny Cash's cover of "Ghost Riders In The Sky" for Mass Effect: Andromeda.

[video=youtube]

-snip-

Good trailer. Shame the game is gonna bomb like Battlefront.

I have to disagree with you there. I've been playing the alpha a ton and even in it's very restrictive state, I've had so much more fun with it then I ever did in bf4 and maybe even bf3. Still it will be no where near as good as BF Vietnam and Bad Company 2

I think we can all agree that most if not all music from the witcher 3 (and the franchise in general) is pretty amazing and epic.

Mathematics    0

-snip-

I have to disagree with you there. I've been playing the alpha a ton and even in it's very restrictive state, I've had so much more fun with it then I ever did in bf4 and maybe even bf3. Still it will be no where near as good as BF Vietnam and Bad Company 2

Eh. Personally, I think Battlefield 1 will have a good single-player campaign but where it's gonna fail is the multiplayer, much like DICE's SW: Battlefront failed. The game'll look good and handle decently, but... I just get a bad vibe from DICE currently.

And why'd you have to remind me of the sexiness that is Bad Company and Bad Company 2?

Eh. Personally, I think Battlefield 1 will have a good single-player campaign but where it's gonna fail is the multiplayer, much like DICE's SW: Battlefront failed. The game'll look good and handle decently, but... I just get a bad vibe from DICE currently.

And why'd you have to remind me of the sexiness that is Bad Company and Bad Company 2?

Bad Company 3 soon™ If only :(

SpaceCowboy    229

Halo 3 Announcement Trailer!! The feels!

[video=youtube]

Wolfenstein: The New Order. Gotta love Wolfenstein

I got the soundtrack with the game. Listening to classics such as house of the rising sun and nowhere to run to in german is a good, unexpected surprise.

Mathematics    0

Wolfenstein: The New Order. Gotta love Wolfenstein

I got the soundtrack with the game. Listening to classics such as house of the rising sun and nowhere to run to in german is a good, unexpected surprise.

If I weren't jobless, I'd probably buy Wolfenstein for PC since I sold my PS3. Also, yeah, I gotta say... House of the Rising Sun in German is beast.

[video=youtube]

Brad    158

-Snip-

A great trailer and while we are on gears of war, howabout the original?

[video=youtube]

Shanoby    63

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Rick    19

All the ME music is amazing, though the suicide mission soundtrack to towards the end of ME2 is my favorite

[video=youtube]

Kerkkoh    49

I bought Watch Dogs when it came out and straight ahead played through the campaign. I liked the story but it was too short. The game was still not finished and the driving mechanics were really broken. The trailer for WD 2 looks really cool and it looks like I really have to buy that new CPU and GPU right now so I won't run that on lowest settings.

Just because we are kind of living in the Armaverse,

[video=youtube]

The music is the legendary Arma 3 Soundtrack "This is war".

[video=youtube]

It is great to see how much the Arma 3 developers have invested in the game.

Many mod developers have also contributed so much to the game and made it really diverse with different scenarios and addons (Especially all my creations, check them out  ;) ).

Brownie    22

Ghost Recon Wildlands when they did the Reveal trailer.

[video=youtube]

I'm so hyped for this game...

Farcry 3 is still one of my favorite games, 99% of that is thanks to the antagonist of the game...Vaas...

Music doesn't start till around 1:40, but if you haven't already, watch the whole trailer, it's awesome.

[video=youtube]

This is also a very cool trailer, with some great music. Not the best game though unfortunately. 

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg