Server time: 2017-10-17, 07:54
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

Ghostbusters (SPOILER ALERT) [REVIEW]

Yoshi    61

****THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE AND DON'T WANT IT RUINED, TURN BACK NOW****

640x428http://i.imgur.com/8w1ivTo.jpg[/img]

I know, I know. People's faces when they thought this was a feminist move:

G9oIhGE.jpg

WAY WRONG! Who cares who plays the part? If they do it well, then by all means, have at! They were even endorsed by the original cast as fit 

This movie was actually pretty amazing, in all honesty. There were a few parts that made me mad, but let's get to the good first, shall we?

First off, THE VISUAL EFFECTS WERE AMAZING!

I mean, shit, it's already impressive enough that the film industry has come a long way since 1984, and this movie was no exception. Case in point:

bxtUg2r.jpg

ouZU1R1.jpg

640x360http://i.imgur.com/SDNsOUE.jpg[/img]

Secondly, there were freakin CAMEOS that put the icing on the cake!

3 of the 4 original main cast played cameos in the movie, and the 4th was a writer for it!

I can't find an image of Bill Murray's cameo, but here's Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson!

480x252http://i.imgur.com/v8jjH05.jpg[/img]

o3EWhJ0.jpg

And last but not least, what turned me on the most, the correct use of terminology related to my field of work!

A line in the move, spoken by the ever-stunning Dr. Holtzmann, mentions that the thing on the roof of the hearse is a "Nuclear Reactor". This automatically initiates my judgement sequence with anything.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, for instance:

In this video at time 

they start to figure out a way to stabilize the reactor. This is incorrect terminology used to describe the state of a nuclear reactor. A reactor is one of 3 things: Sub-critical, critical, or super-critical. In no case is a reactor "stable" and "critical". Criticality is actually a GOOD THING.

Also, reactors don't explode. The process of gasses being released from solution during unfavorable conditions causes the release of hydrogen into the system and/or atmosphere, which in turn does something exactly like what happened in Fukushima. Which breaches containment aaaaand releases... yadda yadda... off-topic.

Anyways. Dr. Holtzmann correctly uses the term super-critical to describe the state of the reactor, which then reaches prompt-criticality, and releases an astonishing amount of energy, causing the portal of energy that is breaching two dimensions of space to reverse and collapse. This creates a fluid and beautiful cross of fiction and reality and, for me, seals the deal on this being an excellent movie.

Lastly, (for real this time) Kate McKinnon is just fucking gorgeously beautiful, stunning, and cute as all hell.

2D2cdC4.png