Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Jellydonut78

Character of the week/Featured characters

Would a Character Feature section make a good addition the the homepage/forums?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would a Character Feature section make a good addition the the homepage/forums?

• Yes it would!
    • No. (explain)

I personally love the characters page and everything about it, but after a character is no longer in the "Recent Characters" section, they are for the most part just lost. That is unless somebody searches for them. This to me makes me wonder why anybody would put effort into the page if nobody will see it.

I propose a spot on the home screen where a character or a few characters are featured from all the characters listed as currently active. This list could refresh every time you load the page to every day depending on what people prefer.

It could also have one character picked by staff to feature for the week, whether it be role play or just an amazing page. This gives players an incentive to write backstory, and will allow an equal chance for everybody to get featured for a short time.

Castiel    1124

Pretty solid idea, I like it. +1 from me!

Rocco    34

i think it would be a good Idea man I can only imagine all the cool characters that will be featured +1 from me!

SpaceCowboy    230

I think this would be a cool idea +1

This is a really good idea, this way if someone puts a lot of work into their Character page, it won't be forgotten.

Dishes    159

I actually don't see the use of this. It's a nice idea and all, but there are like a million characters and just eh.

Frosty    0

I agree with Dishes. Your character is not lost. I look at your name and see a red "Thomas Hopper" Which I can click and see. Plus if you got the name of someone IG that you want to see on a character page just search for it, and you'll get it. I think it's just something that someone would have to code and do a lot of work on, and we don't need it.

DickSlide    250

Personally this would just seem like a game of who can do the best character page.

Karma    168

I think this could be a pretty cool idea +1 from me!

Lord Strawberry    292

This would be quite cool to have, +1 from me!

Eagle    409

I Think there needs to be a way for people to give props somehow on the character page itself instead of this, as this would just put more stress on the staff looking through every single character.

Sofie    0

I like the idea since the current "home page" of the character page is pretty boring. But there is a ton of characters that staff has to go trough to fairly pick a winner that is highlighted every week... If you want to give motivation I think doing nominations might be better, and maybe consider only doing it monthly?

Bran    0

+1 it shows who to look out for and who you know would be good to RP with :)

Diggy    0

I propose a spot on the home screen where a character or a few characters are featured from all the characters listed as currently active. This list could refresh every time you load the page to every day depending on what people prefer.

I think this is doable

Just make it so every time you refresh 3-5 new characters you can click on pop up. This would make it so any character could pop up, and staff wouldn't have to pick "winners"

If that isn't doable, I like Eagle's suggestion on implementing a place to give props on the character pages themselves

Roach    1656

Love the idea +1

Hebi Kotei    350

Actually a pretty good and solid idea +1

Great idea in concept but it's just another gimmick that'll be forgotten as fast as it comes out

Majoo    742

Idea seems pretty cool, wouldn't mind seeing this done :)