Server time: 2017-08-21, 18:00

Sign in to follow this  
Xeovas

Something just pissed me off.

Xeovas    5

I never thought I would run into such an issue in my time during playing, but it has arisen. The day I dreaded to get robbed. Now typically I play quite the nice guy, I wear a cowboy hat, played a character known as 'Dimitri Calo' but I recently changed his name to Boone Carson. Almost every time I engage in RP, and I will follow up with a story that I just encountered, I find that it always leads to robbery, and that becomes a bigger chance when you're a solo person and a bigger group starts to engulph you would be the word. It just makes it sick to my stomach that people can't enjoy RP or chatting with civilians, especially those who bring on a great RP vibe during your time speaking to them. Why does it always have to come to robbery? Now the part that triggered me today was how I was robbed for a gun, a Winchester Model 70. Now in game I am probably the most civilian guy you'll run into, I wear a brown hunting jacket, blue jeans, white dress shoes, i carry a gun holster, a shotgun and my now gone winchester with a scope, with this uniform I like to run as a hunter, but still people see loot and immediately know there intentions before roleplaying or after doing a short act so that way they cant get reported.

TLDR; STOP ROBBING PEOPLE FOR GEAR, AND IF YOU ARE, PROVIDE ADEQUATE RP BEFORE AND AFTER ROBBING

Now like I said, I don't care if you love your hostile RP, go for it. But at least give the person your robbing an adequate roleplaying experience. I find it to often after reading many reports that the robber gets away with robbing for gear because he "provided RP for 3-4 minutes before he robbed him". This should be no excuse.

I may not have worded myself very clearly here, as I am quite butthurt with the RP I experienced, no matter how nice you are to a group of people, at the end of the day loot is king, and that shouldn't be something to live by when you play here on DayZRP, it is disgraceful.

/rant

Mercy    501

I met you today at the tents; I hope you weren't talking about that certain situation. Sorry to hear that though

Stuff like this will always happen, and if you believe the RP wasn't up to standards I recommend making a report and having them understand and learn from their mistakes, or do what I do and talk to them on TS or the Forums, Refer them to guides that could help them make their RP better.

And if that doesn't work, then something is up with your character, he might just seem too easy to rob. The apocalypse changes people.

Xeovas    5

I met you today at the tents; I hope you weren't talking about that certain situation. Sorry to hear that though

Haha, this was later on. My mic sadly wasn't working at that point if I recall, I restarted my game and tried to hop back in the server for some good ol' roleplay but got slapped in the face by a max player count, so I join another server and get robbed for loot, butthurt LOL

Stuff like this will always happen, and if you believe the RP wasn't up to standards I recommend making a report and having them understand and learn from their mistakes, or do what I do and talk to them on TS or the Forums, Refer them to guides that could help them make their RP better.

And if that doesn't work, then something is up with your character, he might just seem too easy to rob. The apocalypse changes people.

Yeah, I see your point. I guess what I was trying to say is that if you're going to rob someone, have a reason for it other than "I want your gun".

If it's really that bad - make a report. These rant threads can't name and shame people (and rightfully so - it'd be a shitstorm), but they also accomplish nothing and nobody knows who's being targeted so nobody can even start to think 'Maybe that was me, maybe I should improve MY bandit RP!'

It doesn't matter if you dress like John Citizen with your semi-automatic .22 and a kitchen knife, if it shoots bullets - people will eventually try to take it from you. Record your in game sessions, get their name and make a report.

Yeah, I see your point. I guess what I was trying to say is that if you're going to rob someone, have a reason for it other than "I want your gun".

How is this not an adequate reason? A gun is fucking valuable - get over the fact that yeah they spawn frequently so technically that player can just go running around into each building, deer stand/barracks until they find one - but that's basically cheating yourself out of some good robbery tension and roleplay.

Give me the choice between looking for a gun and robbing somebody - and I'll rob somebody because it's more FUN.

Xeovas    5

People get robbed, loot respawns, you get a new gun and rob someone else for their gear WHILE giving good rp. Its the circle of DayZ :)

Yeah, circle of DayZRP, but what my whole point is that you shouldn't rob for just gear alone, and if you are atleast provide adequate RP.

If it's really that bad - make a report. These rant threads can't name and shame people (and rightfully so - it'd be a shitstorm), but they also accomplish nothing and nobody knows who's being targeted so nobody can even start to think 'Maybe that was me, maybe I should improve MY bandit RP!'

It doesn't matter if you dress like John Citizen with your semi-automatic .22 and a kitchen knife, if it shoots bullets - people will eventually try to take it from you. Record your in game sessions, get their name and make a report.

I try to refrain from reports, I want people to learn from there mistakes, not get a 3-5 day ban and say "don't do it again", especially for something that can easily be fixed! but I fully see your point.

I try to refrain from reports, I want people to learn from there mistakes, not get a 3-5 day ban and say "don't do it again", especially for something that can easily be fixed! but I fully see your point.

You can opt to drop a report even when evidence has been shown and sort out matters between you and the offenders. When you make this thread, it doesn't fix anything - it most likely won't alert these people you referred to in the OP either - so nobody is going to learn from their mistake because they don't even know they've made one.

You make a report, they realise they fucked up, you accept their apology - nobody gets banned but everybody learns a little bit more about ArrrrrPee.

Rocco    34

people are terrible, But every once and awhile you will find a golden flower

Love ya face

Xeovas    5

You can opt to drop a report even when evidence has been shown and sort out matters between you and the offenders. When you make this thread, it doesn't fix anything - it most likely won't alert these people you referred to in the OP either - so nobody is going to learn from their mistake because they don't even know they've made one.

You make a report, they realise they fucked up, you accept their apology - nobody gets banned but everybody learns a little bit more about ArrrrrPee.

Yeah forsure! I didn't write this thread to fix anything per say, rather to let something off my chest, a rant basically. But I hope that some people will read this and maybe next time they encounter hostile roleplaying they'll think differently than what they would've thought without reading this.

people are terrible, But every once and awhile you will find a golden flower

Love ya face

love ya face even more babe

You can't flat out tell people to stop robbing, unfortunately (even though it's not right RP wise) people will give the minimum amount of RP to rob and still be within the rules. Overtime robberies may get less due to people developing RP more, though you have to consider this is a post apocalyptic world, most people would be skipping around in fields of daisies or running up to random strangers to say ''hey bro whats your name''. People would be suspicious, hostile, paranoid and somewhat aggressive.

Gina    26

And how do you think they will learn if you don't report? Of course if you know who they were and talk to them, but if that's not the case...

You know that even if you make a report and those culprits are called in it, after you talk with them and see their POVs and they seem to understand what was wrong, you can always close the report if you so wish. It doesn't need to always lead to punishments :)

Clumsy    143

You also have to take into account the roleplay coming from the hostage. People seem to believe it's always the robbers fault. Yeah you can get mad that your stuff is being taken and then try to say they didn't RP with you but you have to give back in order to receive. Now I'm not saying in your situation it was your fault as I wasn't there and there isn't any video. I'm saying in general lately whenever I've taken someone hostage they turn into the hulk and suddenly do nothing but talk a lot of shit while we try to move them somewhere to RP with them. Why? A number of things. Either they were enjoying their peaceful conversation with an individual and the bandits 'interrupted them'. They are mad that their stuff may very well be taken away. Finally, they know they are protected by the rules.

When you are a hostage, talking back and calling the robbers names, or complying JUST enough so if you get shot you can report them, does not give the robbers much to go on for RP. It's a give and take situation. Now that is not to say there aren't any shitty robbers because it's a proven fact we have a few here, but if you know for a fact you gave your 100% in roleplay and they didn't give you anything back, and it only lasted a few minutes, the best course of action is to report it. You say you don't do reports but it's a system that's in this community to help keep the community enjoyable for others. You don't always have to let the report get solved if you don't want someone punished. Most of the time that will allow Staff to close it and give a closing statement about the report. Perhaps the person will learn from it and take it as a verbal warning and work on their RP.

Beni    686

Robbing people is kinda cool... But personally I don't enjoy it, and I provide good RP.. Also I only rob for the stuff I need, for example if I'm thirsty I'll rob a guy for his Canteen and leave the rest of his shit... I mean I've seen people rob everything off I guy.. Like shit they don't even need.. It's annoying Ik but it happens.

Blake    6

Yeah it happens a lot doesn't it...nothing you can do about it really...

Xeovas    5

You also have to take into account the roleplay coming from the hostage. People seem to believe it's always the robbers fault. Yeah you can get mad that your stuff is being taken and then try to say they didn't RP with you but you have to give back in order to receive. Now I'm not saying in your situation it was your fault as I wasn't there and there isn't any video. I'm saying in general lately whenever I've taken someone hostage they turn into the hulk and suddenly do nothing but talk a lot of shit while we try to move them somewhere to RP with them. Why? A number of things. Either they were enjoying their peaceful conversation with an individual and the bandits 'interrupted them'. They are mad that their stuff may very well be taken away. Finally, they know they are protected by the rules.

When you are a hostage, talking back and calling the robbers names, or complying JUST enough so if you get shot you can report them, does not give the robbers much to go on for RP. It's a give and take situation. Now that is not to say there aren't any shitty robbers because it's a proven fact we have a few here, but if you know for a fact you gave your 100% in roleplay and they didn't give you anything back, and it only lasted a few minutes, the best course of action is to report it. You say you don't do reports but it's a system that's in this community to help keep the community enjoyable for others. You don't always have to let the report get solved if you don't want someone punished. Most of the time that will allow Staff to close it and give a closing statement about the report. Perhaps the person will learn from it and take it as a verbal warning and work on their RP.

I mainly find no matter how well of RP you provide as a hostage, the moment you talk all you hear is "shut up before I blow your brains off", but I agree with you, it is a two part job when it comes to roleplay with getting robbed.

Clumsy    143

I mainly find no matter how well of RP you provide as a hostage, the moment you talk all you hear is "shut up before I blow your brains off", but I agree with you, it is a two part job when it comes to roleplay with getting robbed.

That I do believe can be considered bad RP. If you are honestly trying to RP as a hostage (which by the way a hostage that is actually scared is amazing to RP with) and not throwing out cocky little remarks, that you are trying to interact with them, because they are being silence and that is all that tell you while they look through your gear, that can be grounds for BadRP. Telling a hostage to shut up when they are trying to actually RP (not be smart asses) halts the roleplay completely and turns into GearRP. Now I know a couple groups that will tell people to shush up while they move them to keep from drawing attention and then roleplay with the hostages once they get them to a different location, but the ones that just tell you to drop your shit. Say nothing to you while they stare at all your gear on the ground deserve to be reported.

On the topic of having a hostage that acts out the situation realistically. It is so rare to find hostages that actually act like they are fearing for their life. Ones that stutter a bit, and you can hear the terror in their voice is far too rare. As soon as someone gets initiated on that take their ooc feelings of losing their gear and their characters just stop caring about their lives. If someone told me to get on the group and drop my shit with a gun to my face, I would do what I'm told and most likely be crying, begging for my life. No one wants to RP that kind of character because everyone wants to be the hero or the villain. Not a lot of people want their character to be looked at as weak (a couple people do and have and for that they have my respect).

Killerwelden    153

Maybe if we all stopped wearing super military gear. 

There would be less robberies, it's a thought? ;)

Xeovas    5

haha, yep. I carry around a MP-133 shotgun, wear blue jeans and a cowboy hat, now I carry a repeater and a CR527 with a scope on it, You should read this forum post, it was an awesome read and talks about exactly that. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Dress-Code-For-Dummies

I dont agree with this, 

I think that there are many people who flock to DayZRP who want to experience the type of game play that is having full control over another player. So I think there will always be an influx of hostile RP when there is an influx of new players.

Killerwelden    153

I dont agree with this, 

I think that there are many people who flock to DayZRP who want to experience the type of game play that is having full control over another player. So I think there will always be an influx of hostile RP when there is an influx of new players.

Agreed

haha, yep. I carry around a MP-133 shotgun, wear blue jeans and a cowboy hat, now I carry a repeater and a CR527 with a scope on it, You should read this forum post, it was an awesome read and talks about exactly that. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Dress-Code-For-Dummies

Listen, alright I'd rob you for your Cowboy hat and blue Jeans #DankGear. ;)

Xeovas    5

I dont agree with this, 

I don't think that if we stopped wearign super military gear everything would stop about robberies, but what I do agree with is that people should start looking like civilians/mercenaries, not a character from rainbow six siege.

McDugals    37

As many have said man if you think people(robbers) aren't providing you adequate RP during a robbery you have every right to report them. Hell have OBS or FRAPS available so you can record the situations and further prove your argument. I feel for ya man a lot of us do. But threads like these don't exactly help. It may bring attention to the fact that those kinds of players exist but they always have, it isn't exactly a new thing to be honest.