Server time: 2017-10-22, 10:17
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Bran

Items in the road

Bran    0

I know how some people like to clear out their inventories while on the way to their next location. Whether thats to get new gear or just on the way to meet some people who you have arranged meetings with or if you are just going out to meet new people and you have a clogged inventory. I have done this myself but there are some items that shouldn't be dropped in the road. As you may be aware, there has been vehicles in the game for a while now and you may also be aware that DayZ is an early alpha game and that cars can't actually move these bigger items out of the way and people have to drive round them as they tend to make the car crash and unusable. All I would ask is that people don't drop the bigger items such as helmets and cooking tripods in the middle of the road as this is twice in two days that a car I was in has been destroyed due to these items. Thank you for your time.

Video Evidence =

GaryCash    33

I've had this happen to me before with items I've left around my own vehicle, but I think seeing this will make me an even more defensive driver in game than I already am

Bran    0

yeah its definitely annoying, especially when you are on your way to somewhere far away from your camp and it happens

Rocco    34

Never happened to me but it sounds annoying

hope you have better luck in the future with these automotive vehicles

LOVE YA FACE

Charlo    0

Just a spell of bad luck man. I can see it can be frustrating hours of hard work for that to happen.

isocade    90

I actually have it recorded on accident in my DayZ Chronicles series that we drove over a shovel, the car lost the front right wheel and we crashed into a pole and totaled it.

What a day.

J.D.    2

Damn thats some bad luck man.

Maybe next time if you are driving at night you might want to have some headlights, that might at least give you a bit of warning if anything is on the road.

Bran    0

Damn thats some bad luck man.

Maybe next time if you are driving at night you might want to have some headlights, that might at least give you a bit of warning if anything is on the road.

Yeah, would have been better if we had some type of light

I personally think that stuff cluttering the roads makes sense this far into the apocalypse. After so long there would be trash and junk all over the place. Might be annoying, but maneuvering is something that should need to be done anyway. You don't always need to go full speed.

Bran    0

I understand, but when the items are barely visible its kinda hard to manouver

Oyface    342

One time I started up my sedan, there was a t-shirt on the ground about half a meter away from it. The car started bouncing from side to side, every single attachment immediately went ruined, and the car was wrecked. I know your pain. :P

It is just ridiculous how easily those cars get fucked up some times, all we can do is try to be more careful. And what Jellydonut said is right, junk being in random spots is just a realistic part of the apocalypse, it's not like anyone would go around cleaning it up.

Randle    933

//top kek

Bran    0

//top kek

haha, i was thinking about it, but then i was like meh.

Also, love your picture man, been playing runescape since 09 :P

One time I started up my sedan, there was a t-shirt on the ground about half a meter away from it. The car started bouncing from side to side, every single attachment immediately went ruined, and the car was wrecked. I know your pain. :P

It is just ridiculous how easily those cars get fucked up some times, all we can do is try to be more careful. And what Jellydonut said is right, junk being in random spots is just a realistic part of the apocalypse, it's not like anyone would go around cleaning it up.

In before a new group arises created solely to clean up the public streets. How about we call them the Trashmen?

Bran    0

In before a new group arises created solely to clean up the public streets. How about we call them the Trashmen?

I'd get behind them haha, not sure what they would wear to symbolise themselves though. Although, if the Devs added in brooms as melee weapons that would sort it :P

d3r3k    1

side question...are the vehicles persistent now? they're extremely loud and draw too much attention..though I'd love to have an offroad hatchback for fun when I know it'll stick around until I destroy it or its stolen lol

"It's time to take out the trash... No I mean literally, that's what we do. In fact - that's all we do."

"It's time to take out the trash... No I mean literally, that's what we do. In fact - that's all we do."

That last comment got me good.

"I came here to sweep streets and kick ass. And I still have plenty of streets"

Bran    0

haha, thats an amazing slogan :P