Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:36

Sign in to follow this  
Rogério SkyLab

What did gaming teach you?

A lot of people these days play games, on Consoles, PCs, that weird things you guys call Portable Gaming Devices, and many other things. Statistics say that at least 155 million Americans regularly play video games. And that's North America alone. You can already imagine Europe, Asia and other continents.

People started playing video games way back in 1950 (as far as I know). The first electronic game was called "Bertie, the Brain". It was a Tic Tac Toe game!

In the 1973, Maze was born. It is claimed to be the FIRST first person-shooter there was!

In 1992, Wolfenstein 3D was released, revolutionizing the Gaming Industry.

In the 2000, Diablo 2, The Sims, Command & Conquer, Final Fantasy IX and various other games were made.

In 2009, our great and loved ArmA 2 was released by the sexiest (and buggyest) game producer ever: Bohemia Interactive.

In 2010, Call of Duty: Black Ops was released, just like Bad Company 2. One of the best FPSs there ver was.

In 2013, DayZ Mod is published in the Internet by ou great lord and savior, Dean Hall.

Gaming is ever growing for now, and we even make games that the very creators of it can't explain the whole game! The one I'm talking about is "No Man's Sky", the biggest game there ever was, and will be. It will take approximately 585 Billion Years to be explored at it's maximum, since it has... Just about 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to be explored.

I believe that games won't ever stop to be released, even if it's a recycled CoD game, but I feel like people get tons and tons of lessons out of them. And that is what motivated me to come here on this very specific day to ask you all humans:

What lessons did gaming teach you?

Good ones, bad ones, doesn't matter. Just share it with us!

Gaming taught me the most important lesson there is, if you have money, you will probably win

Gaming taught me the most important lesson there is, if you have money, you will probably win

Unless you're playing Adventure Capitalist. If you have no money, it just means that you're investing into getting rich.

Be cautious of people on the internet. powdaw *insert troll face here*

CorbSlayer    34

-It is worthwile to talk to people

-It always works out in the end

-Even if you don't get money out of something, you still get experience (probably the most valuable lesson)

-Strength in numbers (DayZRP taught me this :))

There are so many more thigns i have learned from gaming but those are just a few

Be cautious of people on the internet. powdaw :troll:

Fixed it for you.

-Strength in numbers (DayZRP taught me this :))

What if I am RUSSIAN SUPER-SOLDIER DRUNK ON VODKA MOUNTED ON A BEAR +1000 ATK DMG???? Can your numbers get over this??

I learned trust is an illusion. >.>

You can surely trust me sweetheart ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Stormyvill    50

Sprechen Englisch

But seriously, If English is not your native language, gaming will prepare you a lot. If you're having problems with English i suggest playing games with ENG sub. if possible.

Thank you gaming for my English certificate !

Unless you're playing Adventure Capitalist. If you have no money, it just means that you're investing into getting rich.

warcraft 3 m8

It has taught me lots of things, really.History, geography, English ( big time) , you name it.Moreover It kept me entertained when everything else wasn't so pleasant.

Great Khan    52

It has taught me that if I had not sacrificed so many hours into gaming, I would probably be the most intelligent nuclear scientist out of all mankind.

It has taught me that if I had not sacrificed so many hours into gaming, I would probably be the most intelligent nuclear scientist out of all mankind.

Whatever helps you sleep at night ;)

warcraft 3 m8

Warcraft 3 .. :3