Server time: 2017-10-20, 18:07
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
isocade

In The Mind of the Crimson King

isocade    90

Second day on my travels, I've left Pulkovo, which I had slept in last night and made my way north to Kabanino. There, I met John and Connor. They seemed like okay guys, offered to let me into their group but I denied. Some guys from "The Kingdom" arrived and told us that Kabanino is under quarantine. I'm no doctor, but I actually am, the whole country is under quarantine, jackass. Connor almost got shot because he gave them some shit, understandably, but they're acting as a government just like anyone else. To be honest, they wouldn't be taken as seriously if they didn't point the guns first. It's just an excuse to shoot someone in my opinion.

Anyway, I trailed Connor and John as they left because I was curious as to what was going to happen to them from that point on, saw someone watching us from the bushes so I kept myself calm in case bullets started flying, so I wouldn't be shot first. Luckily, bullets didn't fly, so I decided to tag along with them and see how things would go. I wasn't keen on talking to "The Kingdom" because they just seemed like uptight bastards about nothing. If just anyone can call themselves King and have people obey them, maybe I should do it. King Joseph Crimson! The Crimson King! That sounds intimidating, like a vague medieval fantasy villain of some sort.

After traveling a while, we encountered two members of "The Brotherhood". They seemed like okay dudes, gave Connor and John a gift. I stayed back, because you honestly can't trust someone too well in this day and age, especially after what I saw of "The Kingdom". Then we took off to seek out refuge at the base of a hill, and come to find out- There were already buildings there. We set our feet down and got to working on the place, to make it better, to make the country better. It's a silly goal, if a military force and an entire pre-established government couldn't do it, then how are we supposed to? Easy, we can't, but we can try to make it better for anyone living in it currently. Hopefully it goes well, otherwise we're screwed. I'm with them all the way through, because I took an oath many years ago to do the best I could to protect those around me. I intend on keeping that oath.

[align=right]The Crimson King

isocade    90

Third day of my travels. So far, so good. I didn't see Connor today, unfortunately, but instead I met Chuck. He seems like a reasonable fellow, and is apparently the second in command for Overhaul. I don't mind that at all, if Connor trusts him then so do I. Anyway, Chuck got a couple new members and came back, then we set out to go do some good things for good people.

We got to a trading post and met a man named Jericho. Who the heck names their kid Jericho? Oh well. Anyway, the trading post was more of an equipment repository. I didn't mind it, neither did anyone else. Yeah, I took a few things. Then we get an anonymous tip, someone decided to come up and inform us of a hidden repository. The group geared up and we began on out to go and find it. Sure enough, it was there. I was almost certain it could've been a trap because of how shady everyone was acting, but it was probably just mass hysteria brought on by the idea of it being a trap.

I got a new firearm and a load of ammunition, then we fiddled around for a bit with nothing and returned home after a long trek. Turns out, our chosen location for the group? A young kid had claimed it prior. He seemed off, and you know, for a kid, he was decked in military gear. I didn't know they made that kind of stuff that small. Oh well, I'm not one to argue with the logic of a military manufacturing site. I don't know if we're going to have to change locations or something, but I guess only time will tell. I just hope it doesn't end in bloodshed or bad vibes, the last thing we need is to alienate people.

isocade    90

Next day comes with news. We found a truck at the peak of Green Mountain and decided to set out in order to find parts for it, since we really needed a vehicle in our camp for transport and stuff, maybe even trading. While we were out, we came across two normal guys who seemed pretty okay, they were looking for car parts of their own but offered it over to us since we had more people. We kind of declined but also kind of accepted at the same time, it seemed pretty weird. Anyway, we spent a bit more time in there, and then two local accented guys came out of the woodwork with guns aiming at. They told us, being only two people at the time, to get down and take everything out, so we did. No help came, we got robbed and that was that, they left about as quick as they came. The scumbags.

The guy who was robbing me dumped out at least twelve slabs of raw meat from his backpack, stole all my ammunition from my gun, stole one of my guns and then ran off with his buddy. Bastard. Well, it was a learning experience. Now I know to not carry anything of importance outside of maybe a single secondary firearm and a melee weapon. Oh well. I've resorted to carrying an extremely light load as a result, and now I stay the hell away from confined places. Brought back way too many bad memories of a bad time in a bad land for everyone.

Then we met Daniel, a German fellow. Very kind and nice, kind of funny too. I've never really interacted with a German before, but he certainly is a cool dude. He had a hatchback car when we found him, and he thought we were robbing him, but it was quite the opposite. He expressed an interest in not wanting to travel alone anymore, so we invited him to join us and now Daniel is one of the Overhaul members, which is very good. He's a good driver and is pretty well concerned about the well being of everyone else, their equipment, and the vehicles too. He'll fit right in, a nice dude.

Following that, we went into Putoshka to scout around for more car parts and came across Vasiliyev. I think that's how you spell it. A very thick accented man who called me a "dirty westerner". Told me that his friends wouldn't like it very much if they found me alive. Daniel and Nathan came up behind him and he changed his tone very quickly, then ran off somewhere. Sorry Vasiliyev, I'm sure you're a nice dude but attitudes like that won't get you very far with the people I interact with. Good luck out there man.

Unfortunately, our journey, and camp, almost came to an end. Our car broke down, twice actually- And the camp site was being stalked and basically hunted by a bunch of guys while we only had one person on duty at the camp. It taught us a lesson, to have more people at the camp at all times just in case something like this happens again. Luckily for us, nothing and no one was injured. That's good, it makes my job easier. We returned to camp, changed around a few things, and then most people went to bed except for Daniel and I. We decided to go out on a road trip and found a nearby military camp. I'll probably tell the others about it tomorrow, it'll make for good group activity. It was completely abandoned, which truthfully, is a lot more terrifying than it sounds. The scariest thing of scavenging and searching is when it's real quiet, because that means that something is about to happen, typically. Anyway, the military camp search went off without a hitch and we were on our way again.

We made our way northbound into Novaya Petrovka, and although it was a real interesting and fun trip, we didn't find anything of value aside from what I think is a semi-automatic rifle that Nathan might like, but we don't know what ammo it takes nor do we have any magazines for it. Ah well. We returned to the car, and I must've fallen asleep in the passenger seat. Real strange day if you ask me.

isocade    90

Today we set out to find some supplies because we had gotten new people to join us, but we ended up getting robbed and kidnapped. Two of us got shot down and, well, I'm guessing they died, or passed out. I have no idea, but the bodies weren't there on our way out. A massive group of people in Gorka, just kidnapping and robbing, maybe even raping. The world has gone to complete hell in this place, but I knew that when I first came in way back in the day. Never a dull moment, it seems. Lost most our equipment, again, and a couple more of us got shot but we managed to get them back into the camp site after a long while of traveling.

Gorka is pretty far away, and honestly with the kind of reception we got, I think we'll be staying away for a long time. There's no better way to avoid traffic than alienation of a country's populace if you ask me. The exact opposite of what we, Overhaul, is trying to accomplish. Go figure, right? We run into the exact opposite kind of group and they want us dead or whatever it be. I guess I shouldn't be angry, after all, they're just doing what they have to do in order to survive this land, right? Wrong. Every one of them carrying two fucking rifles but they need more? Why's that? "Mine isn't good enough"? Come the fuck on, you have military grade equipment and it fires bullets that kill people, I saw it with my own eyes. Fucking barbarians, man. Sometimes I get the urge to start firing on a person the moment I see them, but that's just not like me. I'll probably set aside some time to read...

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention yesterday, I found a book! The Thunderbird by B. M. Bower. Never read or heard of it before, it'll probably serve as a nice campfire story to read while I hang out with Overhaul. Maybe even something I can read on the road if we find a car and drive around with it. Anyway, I've resorted to carrying around near nothing in my backpack and a handgun for a weapon, since people seem to like taking my actual weapons and all my ammunition most of the time. Can't really take my ammo if I have none, right? Same with weapons. Maybe I'm just too paranoid, I don't know.

isocade    90

Another day, another run. Everyone was pretty tired when I finally got around to the campsite, having already been out and scavenged and all that. I decided to go out and do my own run, and managed to pick up quite a few things like ammunition and medical supplies, as well as a couple weapons and protective gear for the group. Sooner or later, Overhaul is going to be a threat to be reckoned with. Apparently someone tried setting our campsite alight, but thankfully modern tents and houses are made out of flame retardant materials and multiple layers, so that didn't work out too well for them. As a result, we've heavily enhanced security and lowered the amount of people we send out on runs, seeing as how everyone goes out for one and it leaves the camp completely unprotected.

I visited a couple military bases and found a lot of empty, abandoned tents. They seemed to be in near perfect condition, so it confused me as to why they were just in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, I found myself the perfect rifle. It's high caliber, but compact and easy to move with. Good for someone like me with my profession. I probably should stick to low caliber guns like handguns and sub-machine guns, but I got a lot of ammo for this one. Damn shame I dropped the second magazine on the way back, though. Really could've used it. Anyway, that's all there is for today. It's been a long day. I'm going to read some of the books we have lying around.

isocade    90

More and more things are being stolen from us every passing hour. We went out today on a six hour trip to scout for new locations for Overhaul and in those hours, we lost multiple firearms, tons of ammunition, food, drinks, and other equipment vital for our survival. Personally, I think it's the trading post that some bunch of assholes set up because they feel the need to push their weight around. I don't like it. No one likes it.

We encountered the Paladins today. Never heard of them before. They seem like nice people, but it's only two or three folks they have to work with. I wish them the best of luck.

I expect to find my gun gone when I wake up tomorrow. We'll have to move as soon as possible.

isocade    90

We found out a lot of new and cool things about the local area around our base, and decided it was best that we move to a new location farther off to the southwest. Hopefully it'll serve us well. We got some new equipment, and people keep stealing our stuff. We actually found a landmine planted in one of our tents not too long ago, but managed to deactivate it and remove it. It's ours now, so thanks for the donation.

Tomorrow we're planning some good ol' diplomacy. Hopefully everything goes well, the more friends you have out here, the better, especially if these friends have your back at all times. There's no big cities around for a while, so being this isolated, I think we'll need the help. Maybe we can set up a trade route of some sort, or even make a trade group of our own. One that isn't corrupt.

isocade    90

So far, so good. I can already see it that the Paladins are going to make for excellent allies in the field. They came down to the southwest with us so that we could form a junction-group. Sort of a union, but not quite. We live in the same area, and have each others backs, but we're not one giant group. It's just for easier survival, to be quite honest. I have a lot of faith in the future from this point onward. We scouted a lot of land in the past twenty-four hours, and we also, in the process, found multiple vehicles and have made them our own. Hopefully they won't get stolen, that'd be pretty bad. Oh well.

I hear there's a military base not too far from where we're located, so I'll probably round up the group and try to go there for supplies. We got plenty of weaponry, food, drink, other equipment too, we lack some ammunition but have an excess of medical supplies, so that's pretty much all we need. Ammunition. Maybe car parts too, for future cars. Pimp my ride and all that shit, right? Yeah. The other Conor, the one who wears the cowboy hat and all, finally regrouped with us. He's a good man, ran into some people wearing joker masks or some shit. Sounds like a bunch of "too cool for school" stereotypical faggots if you ask me. Apparently they just took over a radio station I've never heard of. Oh well, that sucks. Well hopefully they'll one day realize that killing people is fucking boring, and stupid. You can't really rule the land and people if everyone is dead. Bunch of wannabe terrorists who wear stupid outfits sounds pretty on the spectrum if you ask me. Heck, lack of empathy and failure to communicate properly without resorting to violence is one sign of autism. Who knows? There could be plenty of those morons out there.

Either way, as long as they don't bother us, I don't really care about them. No one really cares about them, put them in containment or some shit and they'll eventually kill themselves, the scabs. Away I go, tomorrow will hopefully be a real good bonding experience sort of day.

isocade    90

I woke up today only to find out that we lost almost everything. It was sickening, and disgusting. The fact that someone was merely inches away from me and could've easily killed me, yet decided that it'd be best to steal all our vehicles, tents, weapons, ammo, clothes, and then poison the food and water. This needs to stop, I don't want to hurt people but it's going to get to the point where I'll have to in order to protect my friends and pseudo-family.

In other news, I keep agitating people over the radio. It's real fun, to be honest. All you need to do is change your voice to a real ambiguous accent and take up a new name, and people think you're someone else. Maybe that's the reason we got raided and lost everything, I don't know. Either way, The Paladins and Overhaul are going to find a way to fix this, one way or another. Conor is seeking information through the radio broadcast system and I've been exploring most of the north in an effort to find out anything that the locals might know.

If anything comes up, I'll be the first to know.

isocade    90

L O N G  L I V E  T H E  C R I M S O N  K I N G

I acquired some personal details necessary to complete the visual representation of who I am. Thankfully, all is well in the world. King Joffrey was recently, almost assassinated. Serves him right in my opinion, a man who thinks he can control a populace is better off dying as an idea than living as a man. Sooner or later, Joffrey will end up dead and the Kingdom will fall, and that'll allow people to actually, and properly, do what they need to do in order to survive instead of being restricted by some guy who thinks he's royalty when in reality he's about as fetal as they come.

In other news, I went out on a real long trip today, and ended up regrouping with Daniel and Conor in order to repair a V3S truck. We got it fully operational and then returned to base. Daniel went to bed and Conor and I stayed up for a bit, talking, before he too went to bed.

800x450http://i.imgur.com/Fe0dGPn.jpg[/img]

I drove all the way to Elektro, where I ended up losing control of the vehicle and crashed it. I suffered no injuries, but the truck was unfortunately rendered inoperable after that, so I began north on foot. From there, I met Anders, a man with The Final Order. He was a pretty okay dude and we continued up north so that he'd find his stash. He finally did, then we went to a helicopter crash that he had spotted on the way there. Immediately after, we went into the Vybor military base to scavenge, only to come across a group of people and a doctor who offered us supplies for the road. Nice man if you ask me. I took some shotgun ammunition and in return, gave back medical supplies.

800x450http://i.imgur.com/i0nQluP.jpg[/img]

Finally we made our way through Kabanino and into Stary Sobor, in which we encountered a familiar face. Luka, an old pal of Overhaul. I recognized him by voice, while his outfit had changed entirely. Just the day before, he suffered an unfortunate attack in which he was shot by a rifle. We made plans to go through Stary Sobor into Novy Sobor and then into Gorka in order to trade with the camp owners there for disinfectant, otherwise he might've lost his arm. We made our way, and a fellow had found us who wished us safe travels. Turned out I was diagnosing Luka right in his backyard, talk about awkward! Once we got far enough away, we discovered that the fellow was one of those clown folks. That pang of adrenaline was a strange feeling, because I know a few things about a few people that most other people don't know. Getting that adrenaline rush despite not being in danger was a very surreal and odd feeling, and it put me on edge to say the least. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Finally, we reached Gorka and traded words, as well as supplies. In exchange for an AKM with 15 rounds and a magazine, I acquired a Mosin Nagant for my new pal Anders, and a bottle of pure alcohol to disinfect and clean Luka's wound. A shot of morphine, disinfectant, and an inexperienced stitching job later, and the hole in his arm was covered with a bandage. Hopefully he does well, I genuinely am worried about his well-being. He's a good kid with a good heart, but he's exposed to the wrong people all too often. Regardless, I stayed in the Gorka camp for a long while, talking and generally having a good time. Eventually, Chuck and The Paladins showed up, and we talked about a potential partnership between Overhaul, Outrun, The Final Order, and The Paladins. I think things are looking up, because I definitely am. The night sky is a beautiful sight, and I'm lucky enough to see it once more. I decided to stay in the Gorka camp for the night, I'll leave in the morning, or maybe I'll stay and call Overhaul in to organize The Future of the Megapowers.

800x450http://i.imgur.com/VYPquJ6.jpg[/img]

Only time will tell.

isocade    90

Today was an eventful day, I visited Gorka at least three times today. I woke up in the Gorka camp and stuck around for a while, chatted up some people while I waited for Conor McGowan to arrive. Finally he did, and he asked a couple of questions here and there before finally deciding that he and I were to set out and acquire a V3S truck that Chuck Harrson had found but was unable to repair since he lacked the materials. We found it and brought it back to Gorka to see if they had any parts they could spare. Unfortunately, they didn't, but one of their security force guys offered to come on down to Berezino with us to explore for parts. Another guy, Iceman, came along with us. We took the truck down to Berezino after a long time of difficult travel, since we didn't have enough tires for the truck, but we had enough to get it moving.

800x450http://i.imgur.com/WqodW4K.jpg[/img]

Iceman left and went on his own, we continued along the coast until we hit Elektro, and then we went back up to Gorka. Once there, we encountered Iceman again. It was strange, but hey, if it works then it works. Eventually I delivered the truck back to homebase and went out once again on an adventure with Charlie O'Rieley and Nathan Steel in a hatchback Lada Niva. We planned on going down to Kamenka and checking out a military base nearby, only for us to unfortunately spin out and crash the vehicle.

800x450http://i.imgur.com/ghYktBp.jpg[/img]

Eventually, we reached the military base on foot, and then went further and further north until we finally reached Gorka again. No one was there, so we returned to homebase and organized the storage, put away some salvage and loot, as well as made some plans with The Paladins for the future.

New things await.

isocade    90

Connor has been killed.

I don't know what to do anymore. The people I thought were my friends turned out to be absolute scum, save for maybe one or two. No one tried to help him. The Paladins cut their losses and left. I have all reasons to believe that due to my leave, I may be the next target. Perhaps I can seek asylum or refuge in another group's hold, or perhaps I can create my own under a new name, a new alias. Few people know I run by the moniker of The Crimson King, as I've rarely displayed it proudly due to fear of being hunted and killed by bounty hunters and other alliances from The Kingdom.

I'm hoping that I'll be capable of fighting back if they ever come for me. I'm hoping that they don't come for me at all.

isocade    90

I spent most of my day staying away from Overhaul. The only notable thing that happened to me was in Berezino, near the Outrun camp. A man came in and another man called him out to be "Mister Black". Immediately, things became very tense. They began a confrontation, in which five other men came out of nowhere and killed the poor bugger shortly after saying he'd kill him. An absolute mess if you ask me. Later on that night, I was scavenging in a house and heard a voice outside. I leaned out the window and heard some men talking about "Daniel the scavenger". They were the same voices as Mister Black's friends, and then I saw my German pal, Daniel White, being taken hostage and possibly going to be executed alongside an unknown man. I did as any normal person would do, drawing my shotgun and going to confront them.

I asked them politely to release Daniel, and they did, in exchange for his equipment and my sword. They simply had him because he had gear, and took my sword because they wanted it and I had it. In my opinion, that's a shit head thing to do. Then again, what is more important- A rusted blade and some containers, or the lives of two men? I escorted Daniel to safety, and we split off. I heard him on the radio a few times, thankfully still alive and well.

I informed him about what happened to Connor. It's a shame. I joined Connor's Overhaul. Not Clint's Overhaul. Chuck said at one point that this was a group for people who are damaged and looking for rehabilitation. Chuck is dangerous, wild, and unpredictable. He convinced Charlie and Grigori that killing Connor was necessary, rather than confronting him. He claimed he knew Connor, but if he truthfully did, like Clint also claims, then he would've known that making the man go away or making him step down was to be the right choice. When you do extreme actions, you have to expect extreme consequences. Connor was my friend. Chuck, is not. Clint, is not. Chuck made a big deal about finding Clint, to the point of killing our leader for it. Coincidentally, after killing Connor, Clint shows up. Am I not supposed question this? Am I supposed to just agree with this and move on? Absolutely not. I trust a dead Connor more than I trust a living Clint. 

My time in Overhaul is finished, and I will not stick around any longer if the people in charge are going to be two snakes who rely on manipulating and coaxing others into doing terrible things simply because they're not getting their way. I hope that Charlie and Nathan see the truth, because Daniel already does from what I can tell. Chuck seems like the kind of person who will try and get me assassinated, killed, confronted, or cornered for "a talk". He's admitted to torturing people despite them submitting in the past, I expect he'll do it again.

I expect there's going to be hell to pay, but I'm broke.

Sign in to follow this