Server time: 2017-10-17, 00:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Ramsay888

The Real DayZ

Ramsay888    7

Did you ever wonder what DayZ would look like in real life? Here are some videos/photos of what Chernarus was based on for DayZ. Thanks to Crim for showing me these videos.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Ramon    360

Fun video, but there is more...!

Look at Google maps.

And the parking lot just outside Stary! ;)

To think I just thought that the map was mostly random cities with little attention to detail. I guess they showed me

Doc Phlox    24

This is amazing, but not surprising. If you play arma 3 and know what Altis looks like from above, Google maps the island of Lemnos. Bohemia uses actual places to model off of, they even had two employees arrested in Lemons for taking pictures of military installations.

Frosty    0

Awesome to see these! It's cool to see that the place you're in is actually a real place based off real things. Makes the immersion feel so much better.

KoNos    1

Wow, didn't know so many things are the real thing

Keira    1444

Really impressive. I can't believe how accurately they've portrayed the details in the houses and country side. Its pretty amazing.

[video=youtube]

Also have this video to share!

Crim    119

A 'sequel' to the OP's video was released yesterday. Visiting Chernarus is now on my bucket list!

[video=youtube]

McDugals    39

The art team did an amazing job on this, seriously I can't imagine how much time they took to scale all the structures to size and such. God Bless that's a hell of a work load!

awesome. Thanks.

GaryCash    33

LOL I had really high expectations when I first clicked play but those expecatations were still totally surpassed, I'm so glad I watched that.  The shots were so realistic - I nearly forgot what I was watching midway through

Kryold    0

Pretty cool to see all of these building in real life, i followed the DayZ dev blog for a while and everyone once in a while the devs would show pictures.

Zunn    0

I think the world design in DayZ is pretty meh to be honest, doesn't really feel like the end of the world. There are a few cool areas or little features here and there, but as a whole it's pretty poor IMO. But these videos are pretty cool, interesting to see the items in real life, V3S looked most like it does IG.