Server time: 2017-10-19, 11:03
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
AyeB

Question about mic usage

Question

AyeB    0

Hi guys!

I wanted to ask a quick question about mic usage which I haven't been able to find any information on. I don't have a mic at the moment, and I understand that if I want to have the best RP experience, a good mic would be the best way to go. However, sometimes I prefer to just sit and play games that involve communication, without having to use my voice (people sleeping etc). I've not even been been white-listed yet, but I wanted to know, does just using text chat affect the experience at all? Has anyone had any experience of where they we'rent quick enough to type out a message and it ended up getting them killed (within the rules of the community)? The only scenario I can think of is where I would be required to keep my gun fixed on someone, where typing would leave me vulnerable, or where I need to quickly say something like "don't shoot!". What are your thoughts? Do you need a mic to be successful in this game? Thanks!

TL: DR - Do you need a mic to fully enjoy this game?

6 answers to this question

Xero3451    0

Personally I don't think you need a mic to fully enjoy the game, as I went I'd say almost a year with just text rp, but if in the future you end up leaning towards more so hostile rp then a mic is usually preferred due to hostage situations sometimes being very chaotic. If you plan to do more relaxed and friendly orientated rp (Which is something I would suggest doing if you are new, as to get a better understanding of the rules so you don't end up in reports) then text or voip is fine, especially if you are someone who enjoys being rather descriptive when emoting and such.

Dead End    13

I often have a hard time trying to keep up with voice chatters because of my pure text-chat oriented RP.

But once you get the hang of your character's speech patterns and behavior I think it'd come all natural in due time.

Don't get discouraged if you're running with a group of randoms and they expect top-notch text RP from you.

(Good strategy for this is to sprint a bit ahead of them and begin the speed-types. ;) )

Boston    772

It is strongly recommended to use a mic in DayZRP, however it is not a requirement.

If you decide to TextRP and be a bandit, it's the risk you take if you're a slow typer. I would say if you're going to be a bandit in the server, use a mic.

It is perfectly allowed within the rules to kill someone aslong as you have KoS Rights, typing or not.

If you have further questions, do ask. :)

AyeB    0

Thanks guys, this is really informative! I was planning on starting off with a friendly/ supportive RP so this is good news, i'll hold off ordering a mic. Cheers!

Irish    80

My current character is completely text rp for me (playing the other gender) and honestly it isn't that bad. Eventually you get used to typing fast, I would say no you don't need a mic to fully enjoy the game. Most people are patient with text rp which is good but you always get people that aren't. 

Anyways hope this helped :D

Majoo    742

I personally have mic and I am aswell playing character with different gender and I jut got used to it and I have to say I am enjoying it so far. And it is completely ok to use Text-RP you don't break any rules like said above.

Your question was answered so I will go with /solved if you have any further questions feel free to ask.