Server time: 2017-10-22, 23:04
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
ApocalypseHero4

The Story of Ryan Storms

Arriving in Chernarus

[align=left]In 2007, Ryan Storms had finished his contract with the United States Marine Corp as a 0311 Infantry Rifleman.  During his time in the service, he took full advantage of the Corp paying for his education and earned his Associates Degree in Criminal Justice and his Bachelor's Degree in Security Management.  He had always had a passion for keeping people safe and planned to use his new found education to start his own Private Security Firm because he felt that the education and skills learned in the Marines would provide him with all the necessary tools to ensure that his clients remained safe.  He had full intentions of going to a city just north of his hometown in the state of Kentucky to start his new business but a series of unfortunate events disrupted those plans quickly.  His father had already passed away when he was a child and just after arriving back home, his mother was soon to pass as well.  This left Ryan seeing memories of both of them every where that he looked and left him not wanting to stick around and be reminded that they were no longer there.  So, he began to do research online and through news articles to try and find the optimum spot that needed security and also had a close landscape to the hometown that he loved so much.  It wasn't because he wanted to be in a place that reminded him of home because he was trying to get away from those memories.  All he wanted was a close climate and landscape because he knew how to survive, thrive, grow food and continue living in that landscape.  After all, he had spent his whole life besides his time in the Corp in that landscape.  One day while watching the news he heard an article about the civil wars that had happened in a place called South Zagoria and more specifically Chernarus.  It didn't tell whether the civil wars had ended or not but from the images he was seeing he could tell that the climate and landscape was almost identical to his home town.  So, he looked up images of Chernarus because he had never heard of the place before and had no clue about anything that was there or going on there.  He still couldn't find any info on if the wars had ended or not but he found enough info to show him that this place would be ideal for his new life and business.  In fact, even if the wars were over, the citizens would still be extremely worried and living in constant fear that another war could break out at any minute.  These were the perfect conditions for him to start his new business and he instantly booked a flight to Chernarus to begin his new life.

Trip

[align=left]On the plane, he did as much research as he possibly could about the culture, people and anything else he may find useful.  Also, he began to make changes in his business plans to better fit the new environment and before long he felt that he had the perfect idea and that his business would not only succeed but would be thriving within 6 months of being there.  The plane trip was long and wore him out but he smiled the entire way because he could see that his dreams were very close to become a reality.

Arrival

[align=left]He had only been there a day when he had found a place to live and had already rented a large empty building to begin building his business.  Everything was beginning to look great for Ryan Storms but little did he know that it would soon end.  It was already 2009 and just as all of his plans were coming together...a large transmission was sent around and although Ryan had no idea what was going on...he could tell that it was bad.  He was in Berezino at the time and within a few weeks they had walled off the entire city and were taking in citizens for safe care.  Ryan had heard that people were getting sick and viciously attacking and eating on each other.  He hadn't seen anything like that face to face but had met and talked to several survivors coming into the city that had and knew it was something he didn't want to see.  Within a couple of weeks, the military that was letting the survivors in began stopping any more people from coming in because they were being over crowded and supplies were running short.  Ryan was watching has his dreams were crumbling around him and could hear the arguments of the thousand of survivors and military personnel arguing.  The survivors wanted in but the military had orders and knew if they let them in then Berezino would soon fall too.  As tensions rose, Ryan knew that riots were going to start happening.  He couldn't really blame them.  People were scared and they wanted somewhere to go where they were safe from whatever was happening outside.  Sure enough, riots began to break out and it wasn't long before the military was being over run by the crowds.  Ryan grabbed what he could get his hands on and the clothes on his back and fled North as fast as he could.  He knew if he stayed there not only would his dreams be destroyed but chances are he would lose his life too.  So he found the North West Air Field and set up a camp in the woods to the North of it.  He wasn't sure how he was going to survive but he knew if there was any hope that the military would come back to  help, then North West Air Field would be the place they chose.

Now

[align=left]Ever since, Ryan, has been living in those woods.  Venturing out from time to time to get more supplies and surviving however he possibly could.  He mostly tries to avoid people because he knows that most of them can't be trusted.  Groups began popping up all over the place.  Each of them fighting for control of the new land and the infected killing off the weak that couldn't fight them.  Ryan wasn't sure how long he could last but one thing is for certain....no matter what it takes, he would do anything and everything to survive as long as he possibly could.  Plus, one day as he watched from afar at the groups springing up he had an idea.  Maybe now would be the time to start his private security force...for now is the time that people need someone they can rely on and someone who can keep them safe.  Maybe his dreams aren't destroyed after all.  All he knows is that surviving comes first and no matter what he has to do....he is going to live for as long as he possibly can!

[align=left]Any questions...feel free to ask!

Backstory could use a little bit of refining near the middle, but other than that, well written. I liked the end of the story a lot and that shows more of what your character is. Keep up the good work. Hope to find you stting up a mercinary camp sometime in the future.

Thanks Jelly! Any feedback or criticism is appreciated and welcomed...how else would we get better? If you wouldn't mind, could you explain what you meant by the middle of the back story could be refined a bit more? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions about it. You can bet that I will be setting up a camp sometime soon in the future. However, it won't be for mercenaries. I don't plan on creating a Private Military Company but a lot of people consider them the same but there are major differences. I am planning on creating a Private Security Force/Firm. Admittedly, PMC's and PSF are very similiar in a lot of ways but they are also very different in a lot of ways. I am more than happy to explain if you don't mind sending me a private message. Sorry, I would post here but that could cause a lot of tactics and secrets of the group to be exposed to the masses and I would rather that not happen before we ever get started lol.

Also, I want to post more and more as his story continues. Like, I want to post and explain the experiences that he has and tell his life in a story format on here. Mostly, to provide entertainment for everyone here and also to keep like a journal of the things that happen throughout this characters life. Should I just continue posting in this thread? Or should I create a new thread with a similar title like, "The Story of Ryan Storms Part 2/ Continued?" Any help regarding this would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Johnsy! I appreciate the compliment. Is there anything that you thought needed work? Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I love stories with a lot of detail and realism because it immerses me more than just running around without a story and stuff...so all the help I can get to make it a professional story and immersive would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Alright guys, I am going to work on my next story in regards to the life of Ryan Storms. It should be up tonight as long as I finish. I hope you all will read it and be entertained. If anyone has advice on how to make my stories or backstory better then please tell me.

Sign in to follow this