Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:38

Sign in to follow this  
Doc Phlox

Group Idea- Forestry Service of Chernarus

Doc Phlox    24

Hey all, so this is just an idea I was messing around with, not sure if it will go anywhere. I am just throwing this out to gauge interest and to see if people would find this engaging for RP. Feel free to post criticisms, or constructive ideas, flaws with ideas, etc. 

So as we all know, there will soon be even more wildlife in the wonderful region of South Zagoria. Now with this increase in wildlife, there will most likely be more hunting. Chernarus, as we can see from playing has many wooded areas and hiking trails throughout the region, this means that there would most likely have been some sort of Forestry Service, to stop poaching, illegal lumbering (if that is a crime in Chernarus). 

Anyway, my group idea would be like the Forest Rangers of Chernarus, making sure that the wildlife and landscape of the country are kept in their pristine nature. These men would obviously be a bit "off", having spent so much time in the wilderness, and thinking that the protection of animals is important during an apocalypse obviously shows that their may be some screws loose. I am thinking that they would try and patrol the wilds and ensure that poaching or any act they see detrimental to the natural beauty of the country is punished by some sort of reprimand (maybe The Most Dangerous Game type shit). These men would be great at living off the land (which may bring in problems of RP with others, but I figured they could make runs into towns and other areas, thus making the ability to interact with others). When the outbreak happened, these men were off in the woods away from all the hell that was raised, so their survival could be viable.

They will see hunting of animals for any other reason than defense or absolute need for food will be seen as a crime. While I know that humans are hunted as well, I don't want them to care for the death of other humans, these guys will be hunting poachers so........

I know what you are thinking, why would people care that much? But I think it is totally possible, I would direct your attention to the Rangers of Virunga National Park, and the amazing Netflix documentary "Virunga". The way I see it, these animals have no choice in being hunted. They have no voice, these people would be like a militant PETA, that also used to act in a Government capacity.

This is not a WIP, it is just an idea I am bouncing around. Feel free to comment. :)

Doc Phlox    24

i quite like the idea, honestly. would definately like to see where this goes.

Thanks for the kind words man! Want to try and flesh more stuff out and see if it could even be viable

YantoDanio    1

i quite like the idea, honestly. would definately like to see where this goes.

Thanks for the kind words man! Want to try and flesh more stuff out and see if it could even be viable

i havent been around long, but im always excited to see cool ideas for groups!

Doc Phlox    24

Idea seems interesting good luck if you decide to make it

Thanks man, it will definitely need a TON of work if I went through with it. Never made a group before, bit again thanks :)

Definitely unique to say the least.

+1

I would support it at the very least. Could make for some interesting conversations and RP. Eventually if animal companions are added (We can only hope amirite) this group would fit perfectly as half crazy half living in the past. But I like the idea for sure +1

Doc Phlox    24

I would support it at the very least. Could make for some interesting conversations and RP. Eventually if animal companions are added (We can only hope amirite) this group would fit perfectly as half crazy half living in the past. But I like the idea for sure +1

Oh god I want animal companions. Hopefully horses will come in and someone will make an insane version of The Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Im hoping more for tamable dogs. Could make things less lonely and could make some really good RP. Until somebody kills your dog and you go bat crazy

Rocco    34

not peta dear god all I eat it chicken and animals D:

Doc Phlox    24

Thats a unique idea haha cant wait to get stopped by the forest rangers for killing the excess amount of chickens for fun

I was thinking if I went forward with it that they would allow some people to apply for hunting/fishing licenses. That way it.leads to some RP, and.maybe not all hunters will be persecuted

Thats a unique idea haha cant wait to get stopped by the forest rangers for killing the excess amount of chickens for fun

I was thinking if I went forward with it that they would allow some people to apply for hunting/fishing licenses. That way it.leads to some RP, and.maybe not all hunters will be persecuted

lol i was joking but honestly, it does sound like a fun rp group. Hope it all goes well!

Ramon    340

Hey man,

I like the idea!

But don't get me wrong, it sounds in my mind a bit like The Wolves.

But I would say just make the group idea and post it on the forums

People will see and read your group thread and you will get feedback of that.

Anyway good luck with it if you are going to make it.; )

Doc Phlox    24

Hey man,

I like the idea!

But don't get me wrong, it sounds in my mind a bit like The Wolves.

But I would say just make the group idea and post it on the forums

People will see and read your group thread and you will get feedback of that.

Anyway good luck with it if you are going to make it.; )

Thanks for the feedback man, appreciate it! I see what you mean about the Wolves and their hunting ground,  I could see a similarity. Hope Spartan doesn't think I am trying to jack his idea :)

But I think it is different enough to not be a rip-off. I will do some more work in the coming days, thanks again bud.

Jon Malfuss    0

I like this idea so will be following this thread. 

My IC background is a Gamekeeper who moved to Chernarus to run a new shoot and his first job was to see off some poachers in his hunting grounds, spending a few weeks out in the forest while Chernarus broke down, only discovering what had happened when he returned to his Estate. 

My plan, once I get some more time, is to find some new hunting ground and start conservation in the area, such as culling the weak to strengthen the herd etc., sorting out poachers and trying to survive off the land. My character is also a bit 'off' but easy enough to get along with (due to having to run hunting parties and mixing with the rich and psuedo-famous) but can be set in his ways.