Server time: 2017-08-21, 21:47

Sign in to follow this  
ApocalypseHero4

Introducing myself!

Why I am posting this?

As some of you in the community may remember, at least those of you with really good memories, I posted an introduction of myself back in March of this year when I first joined the forums and community.  However, it wasn't until a week (if that) ago that I actually tried to get white listed and was accepted and started playing on the servers.  I know some of you are probably asking...Why did it take him so long to get white listed and start playing on the servers and Why did he stay just on the forums for so long?  Well to be perfectly honest, I chose to wait that long because I wanted to read the rules as much as possible, wanted to read through the forums as much as possible and quite frankly I just wanted to learn as much as possible.  I'll explain more in the next section...the about me section.

About Me?

Now, as I said some of you may remember my introduction and some of you may not.  Heck, I wouldn't doubt if no body remembered it because it was hastily thrown together and was short and simple and that's just not who I am.  Currently, I am about to turn 23 in September of this year.  I  live in a very small town in the state of Kentucky (or should I say came from) and I am from the family that loved me very very much but unfortunately my mother and dad separated when my sister and I were both very young.  My sister is four years older than me and although she was still young during the divorce, she was older and able to comprehend and handle it a lot better than what I was.  I've always been a bit of an emotional kid and dealing with the divorce put a whole lot of strain on me because I am what you would call an over thinker.  Ever since I can remember, if I have had any type of problem or thoughts on my brain....I will literately sit for hours doing nothing but thinking about every single possibility and outcome until the point that I reach a decision or just can't think of any other way for it to turn out.  Trust me, in a lot of ways I see this as a good thing because it has helped me out a lot in life but in other ways it's a bad thing because over thinking causes you to pass up opportunities you would have had if you would have just gone with the flow and constantly thinking like that can put a lot of pressure on you.  Especially, when you are a young kid.  I remember that I sat for days and the only thing I could think about was how to fix their relationship, what happened if I couldn't, who would I choose to live with (they gave us the choice because they loved us and wanted us to have what we wanted) and all those other things that come with divorce.  I thought about it too the point that I was spiraling into a deep deep depression and I was only 9 or 10 years old.  My school work began to suffer which put more stress, I was overthinking to the point that I was driving myself crazy because I am the type of person that believes there is an answer to everything and at that age I couldn't find the answer and so it drove me crazy.  I began acting out, smoking, stealing from my parents and worst of all I started to become easily influenced/ got with the wrong people that influenced me badly and began to spiral further when those peoples idea of chilling out involved doing drugs.  I won't go into much detail here but by age 14 my grades were non-exsistant,  I was heavily addicted to certain drugs,  I was skipping school/stealing from people and basically I was losing control of my life and bottling up what was happening from all the wrong people.  At 14, my father passed away from a Massive Heart Attack (heart problems run in our family on the male side) and that was the tipping point as my life went completely off track and I couldn't find any way to get it back right nor did I really want to because I had lost hope.  So, from 14 to the age of 17 everything was one bad occurance after another.  Getting arrested and going to Juvi (which luckily did help by getting me to do my school work and is probably the only reason I graduated high school), fighting at school constantly over people making fun of my broken family and my recluse attitude that had taken over my true self and letting my mother down who really needed me to be strong because my sister had already moved out to be with a man that she is still with today.  Like I said, Juvi did get me to focus on my school work and although I hadn't done but just well enough to pass in Middle School....in High School I graduated with a 4.0 at the top of my class but school work was about the only thing going right.  Two months after I graduated at age 17 something happened that I will never forget.  I overheard my mother talking to a friend of hers about how disappointed she was in me because of the way that I had turned out.  She was happy I graduated but she could tell if I stayed on this path that I was either going to end up dead or homeless for the rest of my life and I remember her saying, "It's so sad because anyone who can graduate with a 4.0 GPA in High School could make something of their self and he just seems to not care."  I took that to heart deeply because as much as my parents had done for me, even through the divorce, I never wanted to let them down.  It was that day that everything started to change.

The Turn Around?

I went straight to my room that night, laid down and cried like a baby because of the way I had hurt her (yeah, men aren't supposed to cry right?  Well we do just like everyone else.  We're all human and we all hurt sometimes.) so badly.   After crying for a little while I began to get pissed because I had absolutely no idea how to make it right and I wanted to so badly.  I spent the rest of that night tossing and turning either pissed or crying and finally ended up going to sleep crying because I just felt like I was stuck and nothing I could do would fix it.  That next morning I couldn't really face her because I didn't want her to know that I over heard and knew I couldn't keep it in if I looked at her and so I got up and went for a walk.  Now, I lived in the small town I was talking about earlier at this time and the High School I graduated from had a JROTC or Junior Reserve Officer Training Corp (basically a military science class where you practice being in the Army without being in the Army and I mean uniforms and all) that they offered and it had been one of my favorite classes before I graduated.  In fact, I took it all four years of high school.  When I first started walking that day I didn't know where I was going I was just walking but half way from home to the high school I decided to swing by the school (small town that the high school allowed visitors), get a visitors pass, go to the JROTC room and talk to Sgt. Gross.  Sgt. Gross and I always got along really well and he had a funny way of helping me clear my mind, get focused on something else and by the time I finished the something else I would have thought of a solution to the problem I was already having.  Unfortunately, I got my visitors pass but Sgt. Gross wasn't there that day he was out sick and a sub was taking his place.  Now, it was an Army JROTC program so I am not even sure why but when I came into the room...there was a man standing there in full Marine Corp dress blues teaching the class.  It stopped me in my place at first because I knew quite a bit about the Marines but had never seen one face to face and never expected to see one teaching at the high school.  It intrigued me to watch him and so I went in and sat down anyways to not avoid class and just watch.  I had never seen anyone carry their self the way that he did.  He was confident, no nerves, knew who he was/what he was doing and why and honestly I didn't think there was a thing in the world that could take that man down.  It was then that the answer to my solution hit me and I didn't even know it yet.

Meeting My First Marine

I had noticed that he had seen me and gave me a funny look when I walked in and sat down but I didn't get up and leave mostly because I was so mesmerized by his demeanor and what he was teaching that I just couldn't get up and walk away.  It was like something told me to stay there.  He gave me that funny look like, "Who the hell is that, why they wearing a visitors pass and why'd they come in here?"  Then he had looked at me like well is he leaving or not but I just couldn't leave.  He was teaching about the Marine Corp Ranks, Code of Conduct, Drill and Ceremony and basically all the basics of being a Marine and for some reason all of it had clicked with me ten times more than all of the Army's stuff ever had.  So I stayed the entire class and when the last bell rang, I began to get nervous and was just about to leave when he walked up and introduced himself.  His name was SSGT. Moose (yes, his real name) and was even more daunting to be standing right in front of him having him crushing my hand.  He asked what I was doing in there and so I explained everything even though I was so nervous I was surprised half the words came out right and he said he understood.  It went quiet for a minute as he starred at me hard in the eyes and then I will never forget it...he just started bursting out laughing as hard as he could, slapped me on the shoulder and said, "Well chill the hell out, you aren't a student and I'm off the clock so lets go in the office and relax while all this traffic gets out of here."  I agreed and went with him, he looked up my grades and records in ROTC and commended me for them and to this day I still am not sure how he knew but we will call it the Marine Corp gut....he just looked at me and said, "Alright, now tell me what's really going on cause kid I got this feeling you're holding a lot in."  It shocked the hell out of me that he knew but at the same time I was relieved because even though I didn't have the courage to talk about it myself, he had brought it up and was going to make me talk about it and from the moment I opened my mouth I spilled about every single thing that I had done and the things bothering me.  I remember we talked for at least 6 hours that first day I met him.

Friends that Understand!

Over the next few months, SSGT. Moose and I spent a lot of time together.  We would go out and eat, bowling, billiards, just pretty much anything that we thought would be fun while we talked about the things going on in our lives.  He never pushed me to talk and he always shared what was going on in his life too and so not only did I feel comfortable around him but I wanted to share because I was learning more and more about how the Corp operated and worked and as I said I love to learn as much as possible about every single thing that interests me.  It was like I had finally found a friend that understood everything I was going through, even though he had never been through the same things.  Over those months, I started noticing the changes...I wasn't getting in trouble as much, I wasn't using as much, my mom seemed to be getting more and more proud because I was coming back to being myself but not fully.  Something was stopping me and I had no idea what.  All I knew was I had a new friend that I really enjoyed being around, talking to and learning from and that made things a whole lot easier to deal with because I was no longer alone.

The Final Straw!

SSGT. Moose had been assigned to recruiting duty and so he was always around and never really had to go anywhere except one town over on the days he would sign people.  I won't lie most recruiters will make friends with you, lie to you and tell you whatever they think you wanna hear and genuinely do whatever it takes to get you to sign with them but not SSGT. Moose.  In fact, he had told me what his job was and even though he knew I was extremely interested in the Marines he still never once asked me if I wanted to join or come try the recruiting process.  I won't lie when I say that I was curious why he never did but I would assume it was due to the fact that we had a real friendship and he didn't want to mention it and risk ruin the friendship if I took it wrong and thought that's all he was after.  Truth be told, I probably would have took it wrong so I am glad he never asked.  He had went to a bigger city just two towns over from our little town to sign some recruits and get the ready for MEPS one day and a huge fight erupted between my mother and sister that led to fist fighting between the two, me breaking them up and unfortunately me completely going berserk and going out to look for whatever trouble or drug that would take my mind of it till he was back (I didn't have good ways to deal with problems but don't judge me please).  Well I found my drug of choice, got high and then I found the trouble I was looking for only it was bigger trouble then I had ever dealt with before and at the time I didn't care or even attempt to think it through I just jumped straight in.  I went with one of the bad influences I was talking about to this guys house to help him perform a drug deal.  Now, I had bought drugs multiple times, used them multiple times and been around them more times then I could count however I had never sold them and up till this point I had never been around the drug Methamphetamine.  So, I had no idea what was going to happen, how we were going to sell it, what it went for or what it done to people and how it made them act.  All I knew is what my bad influence had told me and that was, "It'll be super easy.  All you have to do is come with me and stand there.  I will do all the work, I know how much it costs per weight, I know how to weight it and I know how to make sure the other guy buys it because it'll be a good deal.  All you have to do is be there to help me in case he gets mad."  Now me being young and naive,  I thought well hell you have to know what you're doing you've been doing this for years there is no way this could go wrong or him get mad because you got this.  Plus, if he gets mad there is two of us and only one of him and I had been in thousands of fights before so what could go wrong.  Like I said, young/naive and he didn't say shit about what that crap did to people.

The Biggest Mistake/Best Thing to Ever Happen To Me

We pulled up to the guys house, climbed out and went in and everything was perfectly fine.  Everyone was getting along, they were weighing everything out and getting it ready for the guy to buy and I heard the guy say, "Well you are going to let me sample it first right?  I know I told you I was only going to buy a gram but if you let me sample it and I like it then I will by 2."  Then I heard my bad influence say, "Hell yeah here you go!"  I tried not to watch to close because the guy buying it had no clue who I was and I didn't want him thinking I was there to set him up or anything cause I knew that would be a fight.  So, I am not really sure how much he put on the back of this empty can but I can tell you it sure looked like a hell of a lot too me and I was so confused on why they would put it on the bottom of an empty can.  Well I soon found out that it was because they were injecting it.  Even after that for the next 15 or 20 minutes everything was going fine.  They weighed it all out, bagged it up and done there deal and then they were talking for a second and then we were going to go.  Well that's the day that I learned what methamphetamine does to a person.  Out of the blue, the guy began to get very agitated and paranoid and I mean it was like one second everything was fine and the next second you would've thought the world was ending.  The guy began to scream at us saying, "I know that wasn't real shit you gave me, I know you're trying to get me put in jail" and a whole lot of other shit and then suddenly he pulled a gun.  I don't have a clue what I was thinking but I stepped between him and my bad influence because at the time my bad influence was considered a friend by me (not now).  I tried every way in the world to talk the guy into calming down but it wasn't working.  He cocked the hammer and we began a struggle for the gun...me trying to take it and him trying to use it on me and the bad influence.  While we were wrestling I heard it go off, everything fell quite and I realized that it had shot him.  Not going to say what happened but he ended up dying from the injury and I was charged with felony possession of methamphetamine and inadvertent manslaughter because it was self-defense.  My bad influence got nothing cause I made him leave and never told her was there.  My life was over or so I thought...I thought when I go to court I am going to get 10-15 years and never see the outside again.  However, court day came and SSGT. Moose was standing there as I walked to the podium.

The Decision

I'm not sure how he done it but he talked that judge into wiping the charges completely off my record as if they had never happened under one condition and one condition only and that was if I went to a psych ward to be helped.  I didn't want to but didn't know what else I could do but then an idea hit me and I had a decision to make.  I asked the judge if she would wipe them clean under a different condition...instead of me joining the psych ward...what if I enlisted in the Marine Corp.  Without question she was quick to agree to the terms because she knew if I acted up there then I would be court martial ed and thrown in a military prison which is worst than prison prison and so there wasn't a doubt that she wanted that.  I had no idea what to expect besides some of the things he had told me and little did I know that one small decision to stop from going to a psych ward would forever shape my future.

How I got here?

I made it through boot camp and honestly that was one of the biggest accomplishments I have ever completed.  There was days where I wanted to just lay down and say, "nope, it's impossible I quit!"  But the soon-to-be Marines and the Drill Instructors around me continued pushing and helping me.  After being there the first 6 weeks the next 7 weren't anything because at that point I had learned that you could do anything with enough determination, team work and intelligence and that was the foundation that the rest of my life up to this point at least would be based off of.  After boot camp, I headed to the School of Infantry to complete 0311 Infantry Rifleman training.  During this time, I had grown up a lot and became more confident in my self, my abilities and over all the person that I was.  I am not really sure when it happened because it all happens so fast but one day I just looked in the mirror and for the first time in my life I seen in myself what I had seen in SSGT. Moose when I first met him and you talking about a feeling of accomplishment because that lifted my confidence and emotional stability by ten fold.  I was still having troubles dealing with some emotional problems on the inside but after talking to a Captain about it, I was in therapy and learning ways to deal with those problems within the next 24 hours.  By the time I had finished boot camp and School of Infantry...I was no longer this little, scared, drug addicted kid from a small town that over thought his problems till the time they drove him crazy.  I was a adult, that wasn't scared of anything anymore, didn't rely on drugs to help me through my problems instead I relied on friends and loved ones and yeah I still overthink situations but not to the point of driving me crazy.  Now, when I reach a solution that I know will work I take care of the problem even if I do go back and think well you could have done this or that because all that matters is the problem is taken care of and there is nothing to stress about any more.  The Marine Corp saved my life and not only saved it but transformed it.  They got me off the drugs, helped me grow to the point that I know I could do anything I set my mind too, helped me to focus my over analyzing and over thinking problems until a more productive form and allowed me to realize a gift that I never knew I had and that is a photographic memory.

What this meant?

I was no longer going down the wrong road, getting in trouble, letting all of life's problems kick me down and I was no longer making my mother proud of me and no longer heading towards my inevitable death.  Instead, I took all of the skills that the Marine Corp had given me and took advantage of them paying for my college.  Thanks to me being able to think clearly but yet still think long and hard until I knew I had made the best choice, plus, my photographic mind...I earned an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice with a 4.0 GPA and a Bachelors Degree in Security Management with a 4.0 GPA.  Not only did I pick up these skills and this education thanks to the Marine Corp but really I picked my life back up, put the pieces back where they belong and I have never looked back to be honest and I never will.  Being a Marine is the best thing to ever happen to me and without that it's untelling where I would be right now.

Where am I now?

As I said when I started out, currently I am 22 about to be 23 years old and I am still serving in the Marine Corp.  I finished one contract for 4 years almost two years ago and signed another for six and once I turn 23  I will be working on my sixth year as a Marine.  I don't know if I am going to do this the entire 20 or not.  I know I love the Corp more than I have ever loved anything before besides family and I owe my life to the Corp but it's a decision that I have still not made up yet.  Either way, whenever I do get out, I plan to open up my own Private Security Firm because I have always had a deep love and passion for keeping people safe and feel that my training and education would best serve me there.  During my time here, I have been able to gain my happiness again and that is something that I hadn't seen in a long time and that's what recently got me back into playing games.  I mean I never really stopped but I never really had such a love and happiness while playing before like I do now.  I may not have been white listed or playing in the servers for very long but I have been in this community for a few months now and I can honestly say that I have fallen in love with this community and I am glad that I am apart of this.  Ryan Storms, is the character that I play and I know this isn't his backstory but I will post a backstory for him.  In fact, my IRL dream of opening a private security firm is one of my IC dreams for Ryan Storms and I have big big plans on how to make that dream come alive and thrive in Chernarus.  So, if anyone is interested just hit me up in a message.  Like I said, this didn't say much about my gaming or anything because I wanted to take the time to introduce my Real Self to everyone and tell you guys my life story.  I am hoping that it will bring some of us closer and open up some others eyes.  It just goes to show you that you never know what a person is going through so don't ever judge a person till you get to know them and know what is going on inside.  We all aren't built the same on the inside.  Some of us are equipped better to deal with things than others and some of us crumble when we should stand.  Even though we all are different and all of our reactions may be different...I can garuntee you this...IF YOU HAVE A DREAM OR ANY TYPE OF PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER, DO NOT LET ANYTHING STAND IN YOUR WAY BECAUSE I PROMISE THAT YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN IF YOU JUST KEEP TRYING, DON'T GIVE UP AND NO MATTER WHAT NEVER THINK YOU CAN'T DO IT CAUSE AS HUMANS ONE THING IS FOR SURE....NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE IF WE WANT IT BAD ENOUGH.

Final Message!

I want everyone to know that I am not putting down any of the U.S. or Foreign Militarizes nor am I promoting the U.S. Marine Corp.  If you are interested in any enlistment into any military then by all means I support you and suggest that you check into it because no matter which one you join or where you join I can bet you that it will change your entire life.  This was no way meant to push the military or make people want to join....this was just my life story as it happened because I wanted to share with everything and give you all a little insight into who I am.  Obviously, I left out quite a bit but those things are personal and I would prefer they stay personal.  I am hoping that my life story can bring some of us together and maybe even encourage other people to make a change in their lives.  Now that I am happy, confident and back where my life should have been the entire time...I can finally enjoy the things I love to do like playing DayZ SA and other games.  DayZ SA happens to be my favorite game of all time due to the openness and  DayZRP Community has just made it ten times more better by creating a community in which we can all be open, honest and role play a character that other wise we would never get to see come to life and make choices that will forever effect the way their story ends....hmmm, sounds just like real life to me...What do you think?  Seriously, to all of the community here on DayZRP I want to thank all of you for devoting your time to making such a wonderful community and allowing people the chance to escape their realities and bring to life a story that would be impossible otherwise.  Without all of you this wouldn't be possible.  If anyone has any questions, comments or they just want to talk....please feel free to write me.  You can either reply here or if you want it to be personal then feel free to private message me.  However, I ask that any personal questions you guys have, please don't make them too personal because some questions I just won't answer. 

Any questions or comments feel free to private message me or just reply here.  I will get back to everyone as soon as possible.

Hey there.

Hello.

Killerwelden    153

Hey there bud

-snip-

I'm doing fine, my good sir. I hope you're having a pleasant morning yourself.

Hey guys, how are you guys doing on this fine morning?  Quickest response I think I have ever had on a new thread.

Magnificent! And you fellow community member?

Yeah, I am having a pretty decent morning. I haven't slept all night...it happens sometimes. I just toss and turn and can't sleep. Other than that, I figured I would introduce myself and share my story while I sat here and had the time. Now, I am watching the sun rise and it's beautiful but it is making me want to sleep more and more lol

Blu    21

Like the longest intro ever RT. Welcome anyways.

InZain08    3

I've never seen such a long introduction before; congratulations! Welcome to the community and I hope to run into you around town!

Roach    1549

Longest Intro I have ever seen, but quite a good read. The Red text though... that stuff hurts the eyes. Had to copy and paste into a text document to read it hehe.

Glad you were able to pick yourself up from what life can throw at you. I've been down a very dark road myself and got out.

Anyways welcome man !

This thread is way too real for me. I'm trying to play make believe zombie apocalypse games and here you are talking about real life experiences, trials, tribulation, lessons learned, retrospective and all the while displaying a sound mind and consciense.

Hey, I am all about make believe, role playing and having fun. Sometimes though you just have to be real and then get back to the fun. One of those things of life I guess. Sorry about the red text...I expected the background to be a bit darker but I guess I should've previewed it long before I typed everything out. Either way, I am glad you were able to figure out a way to read it.

Lol What is it Codi Hughes? Just posted my character's introduction story too...look for The Story of Ryan Storms. That is just the backstory so far. I will post my first experience with the character later on today when I get back home. I will be back later and will respond to all of you as fast as I possibly can.