Server time: 2017-10-18, 18:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Keione

RP'ing as a Thug

Question

Keione    50

Hi,

I've been working on a potential character who would be a "thug", but wanted to ensure his actions would be accepted. As a thug, he'd say things such as "Whatcha' doin' in my city lil' nig?" and "Square up bitch ass nigga, say sum' one mo' time" through VOIP. I have had a few run-ins where I have been referred to as "nigga", but after this appeal, I wanted to find clarification. I understand the rules frown upon racism, but the context the word will be used in is not going to be discriminated towards anyone, and will be a phrase I use with all.

If acceptable, I would also like to state that in no way would I like this character to be a representation of me IRL, as this is no where near any way I would act in person. As well, I would refrain from using the word "nigga" over radio chatter.

Thank ya' to whoever can answer this, not just staff!

6 answers to this question

Castiel    1124

I don't think it would be a problem at all, as long as you kept it in-character. The appeal you linked was bad because the racism was used OOC, in-character it is absolutely fine as long as the RP fits it!

Had a racist character that yelled "Nigge*" at me, It was all RP so it was fun :)

As long as it was done right it will be good, not spammed all the time.

Keione    50

Had a racist character that yelled "Nigge*" at me, It was all RP so it was fun :)

As long as it was done right it will be good, not spammed all the time.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, i'd only use "nigga" during hostile encounters.

Majoo    742

If you would like to use phrases like that ICly it is not a problem unless you don't use it too much and you know when it is appropirate to use it depending on the situation you are in and context behind it.

But since you are pretty much new to this community I would suggest staying away from this kind of RP unless you are 100% sure you can handle it the right way.

Since your question was answered I will go with /solved here. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.