Server time: 2018-10-17, 17:18
Sign in to follow this  
Dogmeat

Calling out...

*as the radio buzzes to life a rough yet underlying cheery voice with that twang of a eastern Irish accent comes on over the radio*

-I, uh well, I don't know where to begin exactly, for all of you listenin' the names McGewin, for those of you who know you know the name that comes before it. Well that is if anyone of you are still 'round that is....I've....uhm....been away for a while as y'all know, but there has been some disturbing news of many a friend dying....which....is rough if they are true.....for those that this pertains too, if y'all recognize this broom weilding Irish man give me a holler, all other go feck yerself.-

Radio trails off to white noise.....

*Sonny listens to the radio, surprised as he hears a familiar voice and decides to respond*

"Fucking Mickey McGewin, figured you'd be dead by now. No offense... I mean I'm glad you're not if that helps"

"Good to hear your voice, I'm taking care of something right now so i'm not going to be around for a bit, i'll try and get in contact with you when i'm back and see the dumb fucker that you are" 

"Oh and Mickey... Fuck you too"

*Anton rolls over in bed as the radio speaker blares out with static and then with Mickey's voice, he slowly picks up the handset and listens to the broadcast for a while before pressing down on the PTT and speaking slowly into the microphone.*

"Mickey....sshhhh dont talk here, you want the UN spies to hear you and wha...what if the colony hear you eh?...n.no..no its ok Mickey I wont tell Mikhail but you...you just stay safe and don't forget we have a meeting with those South African merc's soon s.s..so don't you forget about that....remember your mask this time will you, I dont have any others spare...now yo..you get some sleep and stop worrying, everything will be just fine....."

*Anton releases the PTT and carefully places the radio on the hard floor next to his bed roll, rolling back over onto his side he squeezed the ragged blanket close to his chest and continued staring blankly off into the darkness of the night.*

*Sonny listens to the radio, surprised as he hears a familiar voice and decides to respond*

"Fucking Mickey McGewin, figured you'd be dead by now. No offense... I mean I'm glad you're not if that helps"

"Good to hear your voice, I'm taking care of something right now so i'm not going to be around for a bit, i'll try and get in contact with you when i'm back and see the dumb fucker that you are" 

"Oh and Mickey... Fuck you too"

*Mickey gets startled by the sudden outburst of the radio near him honestly not expecting any kind of response*

-Sonny fookin' Mitchell.......that's a man I never expected to hear from that's for feckin' sure...well since I mean you know, old times be old times, let by gones be by gones? Eh? At least for now? get back to when you can Sonny......-

*Radio clicks off*

Donny West--as gaunt and as haggard as ever--hangs over his radio, fiddling with the knob and surfing channel after channel to either static or the conversations of others, mostly unknown voices. The particular accent attributed to one particular Irishman, however, forced him to pause and double-take, and was followed by a wild and antic hoot towards Jebediah to draw him nearer.

"That you, boy?!" hollered Donny, his gloved hand beating against the shoddy plastic of their time-worn radio to clear static on their end. "I ain't heard you since them Nascar race track days! Shyiiiiiitttt, son! I swears, funnest moment I had, yeah...?! We was goin' 'least 60 wit' their truck, man, felt like I cou-..."

Within moments, Jebediah's voice cut him off, accented as much by 'old south' as it ever was. "Bet you thought we were dead, didn't you?! No, sir... We squirreled off a while after we done got shot after stealing that truck, is all... played deader n' a possum, see. Donny got himself a bullet through the ear, swore he heard ringing for weeks... Big bab-..."

"Nah, nah, naaaahhh!" crooned Donny, over the drone of Jebediah's level voice. "Listen, man! We oughta link up one-a these days, yeah?! Been too long, miss your fuckin' broom beatings an' shit, see, son... And 'sides, I got me some new..." A pause. "...theories, yeah, what'll put shit inta' fuckin' perspective, man...! 'Sides, you ain't met our sister yet, or fuckin' Leonard! HIT US U-...!"

Though the line stayed open, the sounds of an ensuing scuffle--likely between he and Jebediah--thudded dully over the radio.

Sign in to follow this