Server time: 2018-08-20, 12:30

Sign in to follow this  
dinozords

The Gorka Times - [WIP] - Hiring!

Always fun running into you guys. 10/10 interview today.

Dinozords,

The idea is unique, it reminds us of a former group somewhat called the Chernarus Post (no relation), which had a sort of old world feel to it.  One question we have is in regards to where or what will you be producing, and will it be here on the forums?  Such as videos, or an actual paper, or is it purely done in roleplay in character?  Secondly this could be a slight concern, "The Gorka Times has been caught in the middle of dozens of incredibly dangerous situations."  For your own safety it is of course important that unless involved in a firefight, you should not be trying to purposefully get into the middle of it and possibly lead to a MisID or Firefight KOS.

We are going to be posting a sort of news paper on the forums as well as recording broadcasts with news reports that we will also post on the forums. As for the idea of us being caught in the crossfire we are 100% okay with that, we have died in a few occasions where we were trying to film an ongoing situation and we did not report or anything like that, we understand the risk of being involved in a situation like that and accept the consequences when necessary.

Met with Keyan today in Rogovo, had some really great RP. Hope to see you again, maybe in Lexington!

Yep! Looking forward to see you guys again in Lexington!

Always fun running into you guys. 10/10 interview today.

Yeah we do run into you a lot haha, thanks!

This group idea seems really cool

Thanks man, we really appreciate it.

I had taken a few of your guys hostage a week or two ago and I really enjoyed the RP!

Good luck getting approved!

We loved the RP back then as well, hope to run into you and your men again soon! Thanks for the well wishes.

Enjoyed the RP from you lot yesterday.

Enjoyed the RP from you lot yesterday.

Thanks man, we enjoyed it too!

I don't know how I missed this thread! First off I love the idea of a newspaper journalism group like this, you already have me on board for having an original idea so +1 on that!

Second the goals, they seem very reasonable and obtainable but the last goal "Stop any and all other publications/broadcasters from entering into our business." How will you go about doing this? I notice you have body guards but you don't seem to have an enforcer like position to carry this out.

Other than that I am really excited to see how this will play out and wish you guys good luck!

Second the goals, they seem very reasonable and obtainable but the last goal "Stop any and all other publications/broadcasters from entering into our business." How will you go about doing this? I notice you have body guards but you don't seem to have an enforcer like position to carry this out.

Maybe they'll hire the services of you fine gentlemen ;)

Ahhhh that's true, maybe they will add a help wanted section into their articles so if groups want to request the services of people or groups they can do so!

Journalism at its finest!

They already have.

They already have.

[video=youtube]

I don't know how I missed this thread! First off I love the idea of a newspaper journalism group like this, you already have me on board for having an original idea so +1 on that!

Other than that I am really excited to see how this will play out and wish you guys good luck!

Although the reporters never appear to have weapons on them, they often do. They keep them stowed away in their backpacks and in their vests. The bodyguards have given them sufficient training in how to use a weapon and now they are quite capable in combat situations. They don't LIKE getting into combat situations, of course, but they do when they must. For example, when they feel their business is being stepped in on by another entity. We have also "hired" the company to help us out when it comes to taking down other groups like ours.

A news team group seems very.. interesting. Very interested to see how this works in game. Good luck on the group.

Just a reminder (not intending to pressure your idea if you are still developing it) but we do not give official feedback to groups in a [WIP] state. If you feel you're ready for feedback and possibly become official, set the group title to [ACTIVE]. Thanks!

Just a reminder (not intending to pressure your idea if you are still developing it) but we do not give official feedback to groups in a [WIP] state.  If you feel you're ready for feedback and possibly become official, set the group title to [ACTIVE].  Thanks!

Thanks, I just set it to active. We will appreciate the feedback!

The group's story overall checks out, it is very much based on IC events, something we always like to see. We have not found anything negative in terms of lore and background story. The goals check out and should create a decent dynamic with other groups that are active in the news reporting business. 

The only thing we have found worth bringing up is the roster. One of them names is striked through. What exactly does this mean? Is this character/player still part of the group or not? The roster must state all actual members of the group. Unofficial members or ex-members are not to be stated there.

Please let us know once these adjustments have been made. 

Thanks.

looks cool, if only there was a way to transfer newspapers into the game ;)

The group's story overall checks out, it is very much based on IC events, something we always like to see. We have not found anything negative in terms of lore and background story. The goals check out and should create a decent dynamic with other groups that are active in the news reporting business. 

The only thing we have found worth bringing up is the roster. One of them names is striked through. What exactly does this mean? Is this character/player still part of the group or not? The roster must state all actual members of the group. Unofficial members or ex-members are not to be stated there.

Please let us know once these adjustments have been made. 

Thanks.

I have made the adjustments, thanks for looking into our group.

Seeing as how this group had no real short comings to begin with, and our only minor concern has since been corrected we see no reason to leave this group in the Group ideas section any longer.

We hope to see this group sticks around and creates some interesting stories for everyone to indulge in. With no further adue, we will be accepting this group; with that being said we wish you luck moving forward, and wish you the best.

/Approved

Congrats on being approved!

Hope to bump into you! I think my character would appreciate a taste of his old life... ;)

Congratulations on approval.

Congrats.

Congrats on getting approved.

Sign in to follow this