Server time: 2017-11-18, 21:29

Sign in to follow this  
Jess Newton

Example back story for those trying to get accepted

I see so many are having problems getting whitelisted due to lack of a decent backstory.. The one I wrote for Jess Newton was something like this...

Hey there sir, how ya doin?

My name is Jess Newton.. I come from a small ranch in South West Texas.

I'm 28 years old and before all of this zombie nonsense I was just a simpleton.. Who would have thought that all those years workin' on the family ranch would actually prepare me for something like this?

Anyways you're probably wondering how I arrived to this god awful land..

Well I will tell you.. My family came here on vacation and I stayed back to look after the ranch and livestock. Then that fateful morning when I turned on the news and witnessed what was going on here.. Holy Hell.. I couldn't believe my eye..

I got on the first ship I could that was coming anywhere in this general direction.. It was a long, long boat ride.. All I could do was worry about my family. When one morning CRASH.. Oh shit.. The boat hit some rocks right outside of a town they called Elektro.. There was a lot of casualties.. I tried to help them, but what could I possibly do? Then.. right before my eyes.. The dead started rising! Time to get out of this mess.. so I just took off running..

And now here I am.. Lost in this land searching for my family.. I hope I find them.. Joe, Willis, Bonnie, and Chris.. I'm looking for ya'll.. be safe.

That is right around what I wrote as a backstory.. Use it as an example.. be creative.. and for goodness sakes.. Just have fun with it..

Hope this was helpful to the people that are new to RP

And remember kids, don't copy paste. The admins will know and you will be swiftly denied your whitelist.

Guest Beav

Here is mine. I was accepted within a few hours so hopefully it helped

I was once respected. I was once admired. I was once a world renowned research scientist. One degree. Two masters degrees. Three Phds. I toured the world delivering key-note speeches at international conferences. I lived a privileged and happy life with a wife and three wonderful children. I was the envy of all who courted my genius.

That is no longer the case. That life no longer exists.

That life ended a few years ago and had absolutely nothing to do with this abomination of a world we now find ourselves. This is now. The history of my fall from grace is from a time before “DayZ”. It is an embarrassing debacle of treachery, mistrust, betrayal and oblivion. I am alone now. My wife and children left years ago. Who knows if they are even still alive.

DayZ...DayZ…

DayZ is the name we remaining survivors call the day the modern world ended and the era of abhorrence began. The day everything began to change. The day the first of ‘them’ came screaming in horror into our lives.

For 20 years I had led research teams for numerous infectious diseases. It was my work on DNA vaccines and PEG-liposome delivery mechanisms that pioneered a potential cure for Brogan's Disease. A virulent and fatal pathogen, much like the haemorrhagic viruses of central africa, which I identified and started researching in my late twenties. That life seems like a reverie. A mist had drawn over that existence and it remained a visage, just out of reach.

I do not remember my last few days in this land. I do however remember that I was visiting Chernarus for a conference in the International Hotel. There seems to be an aeroplane in the side of that building now. I can only thank my lucky stars that the conference wasn't taking place until the following week. I had come a few days early to meet with an old friend. An old friend I owe my life to.

His name was Anton. We had been friends from our time at University. I had not spoken to Anton for about 5 years when one day I received a call from him. He was in London and wanted to meet to discuss a business opportunity. I had assumed it was a new biotech or pharmaceutical company he was setting up. I was very wrong. I was desperate for money. I was drinking in the last chance saloon and the bottle was empty.

We met in London 5 days later, After initial pleasantries and catch-up chats, Anton explained that he was now working for the Chernarus Intelligence Agency which had a business opportunity for me. They wanted access to my research and samples and were prepared to compensate me generously.

A year ago I would have burst into a rage at Anton and told him to fuck off. This was not a year ago. My life was in ruins and was at risk.

My life had plummeted to the point of oblivion due to gambling issues, drinking issues, drug issues, investment issues. That’s what my wife called them before she left with the kids…”issues”. My drugs and drinking were not that bad, more social lubrication than a major addiction problem. It was the terrible investment and gambing mistakesthat were the major destructive components. The prospect of losing the house, money, cars and jewels was ultimately what pushed my wife away.

I didn't even ask Anton why they wanted my virus. All I cared about was the money. That money would keep my knee caps intact and my fingers on my hands. The people I owed money to were becoming very agitated. I had sold my classic car collection and was in the process of selling the house. but that raised only 25% of the money I needed. I was never going to play poker while wasted again.

Anton had a detailed plan on how to smuggle the virus and the research out of the UK and into Chernarus. This all went relatively simply and I received a generous stipend for my troubles.

A year later I received another call from Anton. They were having trouble replicating my work and were prepared to pay another sizable chunk of cash if I would come to Chernarus for a few weeks to talk though some of the more difficult concepts with their scientists. They were attempting to make a new serotype of my virus, but had encountered some issues with replication, immune response cascades and cytokine storms. I never queried why they were making this virus. I knew better than to ask questions of the secret services.

We decided the best time to do this was at the International Haemhhoragic Diseases Conference at the International Hotel and I travelled there three days ago. I met with the research team and we discussed many problems over a few days. Invigorating discussions.

The next day I received a slightly panicked call from Anton. He was gibbering about some sort of CIA or FBI guy asking questions about me and the research around the conference. He said he would find out more then get back to me. He advised that I should go for a hike around the Three Valleys area as it has some beautiful views. The last thing I remember was looking out to see from the top of a hill.

Blackness infects my mind from that point until I woke up hours or perhaps days later. I have no idea how I ended up on that beach.

I could also post my first characters backstory that I used in my application.

Mathias has his roots in Chernarus. He spent his childhood in a small town of Grishino, helping his family managing their small farm. As he grew older the plain Grishino couldn't offer much to a bright youngster. Mathias always wanted to become a doctor or pursue the medical career, that was his lifelong dream. But there aren't any Universities of medical sciences in Chernarus and his dream started to wilt away. His parents acknowledged their son's talents and had saved money for flight ticket to Sweden for the last couple of years.

Mathias lived his early adulthood in Sweden with his aunt and studied in local University graduating as a paramedic. He fell in love during his years of studying, and married a Swedish girl. He still writes letters every week to his dear parents in Chernarus and thanks them from everything they have done for him.

Several years later, he gets a letter from his father, telling that Mathias's mother has become very ill. Upkeep of a big farm in Grishino has become too much of a burden for his old Father. Worried about his parents, Mathias packs his gear and books a flight ticket back to Chernarus planning to stay there for couple of weeks. Closest airport is in Novigrad, capital of Chernarus and the earliest flight there leaves in next month. Worried about his mother's poor condition, Mathias asks his old friend who owns a small biplane to give him a lift.

They land on a small civilian airport in Krasnostav. Everything seems quiet. Neither Mathias or his friend could have ever expected what would happen next. Group of armed bandits rush from the bushes. They take all the gear Mathias has and steal the biplane. Mathias's friend tries to stop them, but he get's shot in the chest. Unable to save his friend Mathias screams for help and hopes someone from Krasnostav would hear him.

As the biplane flies away Mathias is left alone in the airfield. His friend dead, luggage stolen and all the contact to the outside world is cut off. He wanders around the desolate village of Krasnostav and all he sees is dead bodies, broken houses and pillaged homes. Desperately he walks back to the Grishino horrified what has happened to his parents.

As he arrives to his old home, the only thing that greets him, is death. Now broken from the sadness and despair. Mathias walks around Chernarus, looking for help, helping people on the way with his medical knowledge and just trying to survive another day.

Holy smokes this was a big necro!

7018ff04d5.jpg

Holy smokes this was a big necro!

Oh god...

oh_god_what_have_i_done____by_rober_raik-d4cw1lu.png