Server time: 2018-08-16, 23:22

Sign in to follow this  
Jellydonut78

Wildlife in Chernarus?

Ever since the latest patch, It has been super easy to find food. This food is in the form of chickens, so much so that I feel like I am playing chicken hunt simulator 2016. My current character is an avid hunter and relies on the land for food and clothing. I have not been able to find anything online about how the animal spawns in the game work. I used to have a thread on the group Archers of Chernarus that included pictures that had hunting locations, but I made them myself so they were not very correct. Is anybody willing to give it a go and make a good map of possible animal locations within the game? Or just post the spots you have found animals and I can try to put together a full map of locations.

There is really no need to post about chicken locations because those are super common and everywhere at the moment.

This sounds like a good idea and I think it would be super fun! Finding animal hunting locations. I'll give you a hand.

Ever since the latest patch, It has been super easy to find food. This food is in the form of chickens, so much so that I feel like I am playing chicken hunt simulator 2016. My current character is an avid hunter and relies on the land for food and clothing. I have not been able to find anything online about how the animal spawns in the game work. I used to have a thread on the group Archers of Chernarus that included pictures that had hunting locations, but I made them myself so they were not very correct. Is anybody willing to give it a go and make a good map of possible animal locations within the game? Or just post the spots you have found animals and I can try to put together a full map of locations.

There is really no need to post about chicken locations because those are super common and everywhere at the moment.

Yo man. You and I share the same problem. Finding large animals to hunt is a hard task, but completely possible. Areas where I have seen the most animals are up North towards Myshkino Tents and in the surrounding forests around Zele. I found 6 cows and a heard of Deer (I don't know how many there where) all in the space of an hour, maybe less? Managed to get quite a few pelts to make some leather clothing. I scarcely see large animals down south though, I don't know why.

I'm not sure if the spawning points have changed with 0.60, but here is a guide that shows a hunting map and other great tips if you want to be a hunter:

[align=left]http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Breadmans-Hunting-School

Animals other than chickens do spawn in .60 but are very hard to find. Here's proof, North of Novy Sobor from the deer stand in the treeline.

EkccEoj.png

Also, here's the map with animal spawn points.

[spoiler=Animal Spawn Points]

dayz-wild-animals-spawn-points-dayz-standalone.jpg

EchoZero pretty much sums it up. They can be found all around the place, it really just depends on when you happen to chance upon an animal.

Anyone else having trouble finding any large wildlife? Chickens are all over the place, but I have yet to find any other wild life in two days.

You kind of just need to look around, where people usually dont go. Because most the time people scare away the wild life, not on purpose. Though there are some maps and stuff around that can help you find them. But honestly I have seen stuff more north, and certain towns seem to have more animals than others. The ones people dont visit a lot. Not sure if this map is up to date, but it could help a little. ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/E7W4fYo.jpg

We killed 6 cows today :/

Gonna have a BBQ at the traphouse soon

I've seen a ton of deer running about in random locations around the triangle, I have yet to find a boar this patch however :/

I have been hunting since I started playing DayZRP and best places to hunt are around Stary. Another bountiful place is near Berezino-Krasnostav axis. No bear sightings yet :|

Its a wonderful surprise when you run across the herds. I have run into deer and cow herds. They are hard to find but if you look they will show up...but yeah chickens are in abundance.

I've only found 4 cattle in total this patch. Found 2 in between Polana & Gorka and then I found a couple near Gvozdno. Since then, haven't seen any more cattle nor have I seen any deer at all. Guess I'm looking in the wrong places.

I've only seen on deer and a dozen or so chickens. I also haven't had any success with fishing unfortunately.

I've seen maybe a handful of cows since 0.60 went stable. I enjoy hunting too much :(

I always run into groups of 5 or so cows or deer when running through random wooded areas. They're always just sitting on the ground and they get spooked and run when you get too close. Its hard to miss when you're near them cause you'll hear mooing or deer bleating

Haven't seen any goats, only found 1 boar all patch.

We can start a business, CFC ( Chernarus Fried Chicken ) That would be a good deal.:D

The only animals that are easy to find , are chickens. FREAKING EVERYWHERE.

True, but you can find deers and cows as well if you tryhard ;)

It's always possible to make an izurvive group for someone who is intrested in doing that and everyone could join and if you are to see animals somewhere you can mark it on the map. I'm sure that if someone has used the izurvive groups option they know what I'm talking about. If not, you can check it out yourself HERE.

If enough people get involved should have a pretty accurate map in no time :) 

True, but you can find deers and cows as well if you tryhard ;)

I have my , swag vest , took me 6 hours , but I did it.