Server time: 2017-10-23, 11:51
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
kody311

Real life photographers!

kody311    3

I've seen a ton of thread about ingame photography. But I was wondering if they're any photographers in real-life? I was hoping this tread could be where people come to show off their photos! And have other members of the community can give their thoughts on them! And maybe tell us how you got into photography and if you wanna do it as a hobby or as a career! Below are some questions I thought of to learn more about eachother!

Why/How did you get started in photography?

During my senior year of highschool I didn't know what I wanted to do after graduation. Taking a lot of different classes during my final year, which one of them was a photography type class, never done photography before but fell in love with it! I love taking pictures of landscapes and wildlife! 

How long have you been doing photography?

About 4 years now

Where do you want to go with your photography? Just a hobby or career?

I wanna be able to travel the world and take photos of different wildlife and landscapes!

Link to your favorite photo you've taken

LkQXu9p.jpg

If anyone is interested in seeing anymore of my work then feel free to ask! I'll post a link to my portfolio! I'd also love to see anybody else's portfolio!

Why/How did you get started in photography?

How long have you been doing photography?

Any suggestions for this thread will be greatly appreciated! If they're is a thread like this already my bad couldn't find it ha oh and disclaimer but Im not the best at threads ha

Felli    65

Oh I wish I was good at photography, but I guess I am just better in front of the camera instead :D

Will be interesting to see everyone's work.

kody311    3

Oh I wish I was good at photography, but I guess I am just better in front of the camera instead :D

People always tell me I have a perfect face for being a photographer... ha but ya fashion photography needs a model, can have one without the other.

Felli    65

People always tell me I have a perfect face for being a photographer... ha but ya fashion photography needs a model, can have one without the other.

Perfect face for being a photographer, oh my..

I would also love to see your portfolio! :)

Shark    0

I had a Nikon D600 for a while with a Sigma 50 f/1.4 and 24-70 f/2.8. Unfortunately, I lost interest to continue doing it, so I sold it all about a year or so ago. I still have ~25GB worth of old photos on my backup hard drive.

kody311    3

I had a Nikon D600 for a while with a Sigma 50 f/1.4 and 24-70 f/2.8. Unfortunately, I lost interest to continue doing it, so I sold it all about a year or so ago. I still have ~25GB worth of old photos on my backup hard drive.

Oh that sucks you lost interest! How did that happen? And I have a few to many tb full of old photos ha I'm not the best at organizing my photos.

Perfect face for being a photographer, oh my..

I would also love to see your portfolio! :)

Ha it's usually me saying that ha and my portfolio is kodythul.com tell me what ya think!

Shark    0

Oh that sucks you lost interest! How did that happen? And I have a few to many tb full of old photos ha I'm not the best at organizing my photos.

Eh, just stopped finding new things to go out for. I shot a few concerts from time to time, but mostly it was just going out shooting whatever. A friend I shared the hobby with moved to New York and I haven't talked to him regularly in about a year and a half. I might try to find a few to drop here later because why not.

kody311    3

Eh, just stopped finding new things to go out for. I shot a few concerts from time to time, but mostly it was just going out shooting whatever. A friend I shared the hobby with moved to New York and I haven't talked to him regularly in about a year and a half. I might try to find a few to drop here later because why not.

I see ya, I enjoy just going to concerts without having to worry about getting photos, I hate going to concerts and all I see is people taking pictures ha but going out in nature is what I love to do, mostly alone but its always nice to have someone with that might point something out that I missed! And ya I'd love to see some photos! I'll definitely be posting more.

Sofie    0

Why/How did you get started in photography? How long have you been doing photography?

I just do it whenever I feel like it.

I would love to get better at it. Actually buying a good camera instead of using my iPhone, which these pictures are taken with (excuse the shit quality)

ab6528228088a198ad650989724805ac.png

d0397ae3bd543cef84fb757d77fb539a.png

kody311    3

-great photos-

iPhones actually have pretty good quality for just being a phone! They're is no such thing as a bad picture! I use my iPhone a lot to post to instagram and some of my iPhone photos are better than my Canon 7D mark ii ha. My sister recently got a beginner dslr and she loves it! They're a ton of different options for cameras now adays! But I love your photos! I live in rural Minnesota so all we have is a ton of farmland so I dont get to take many pictures of mountains! And who doesnt like a sweet cat photo! Here some of my cat taco (R.I.P) from my instagram

480x360http://i.imgur.com/rSdnjGj.jpg[/img]

480x360http://i.imgur.com/mdWoDjZ.jpg[/img]

They're is no such thing as a bad picture! 

There really is, though. Why else would we have lessons on composition, the rule of thirds, lighting, the golden hour and so on.

I do not buy into the 'there is no bad X' school of thought because it's an insult to anybody who studies, hones and works hard to perfect their craft.

kody311    3

They're is no such thing as a bad picture! 

There really is, though. Why else would we have lessons on composition, the rule of thirds, lighting, the golden hour and so on.

I do not buy into the 'there is no bad X' school of thought because it's an insult to anybody who studies, hones and works hard to perfect their craft.

Obliviously this is my own opinion, but photography is an artwork, their is no bad art just different interpretation. I'm currently studying photography/multi-media design, I don't find it an insult at all, my work will never be perfect for everyone, but its perfect for me (if that makes sense). Composition, rule of thirds, golden hour, are all things we learn to make our photography better, I'll study for years on these topics and still mess up a ton. I dont know but I like to find the beauty in everything, every photo has a story to tell, a message to say, and thats why I think they're no bad pictures. Just different interpretation. Thanks for your input, by the sound of it you seem like you've take photography courses! Care to share any photos?

TheTramp    0

Late to the party but hey.

How did you get started?

My uncle was a photographer by trade. Due to some family shit I hadn't spoken to him in like eight years. When I was like 15 I went and got his number. Phoned him up and went over. We just chatted here and there. He showed me his camera gear and that and I honestly wasn't interested. I wasn't very creative and hated getting pictures taken of me so I assumed fuck getting into that. So after about a few months of visiting him and doing shit he died of a heart attack and all his camera shit got left to me. Being 15 and completely uninterested in the subject my ass just got handed a fucking Canon 5D MKII and a Canon 500D (Or something like that) god knows how many flashguns. Rigs, Whatever. You name it. I had it. I sold that shit cause I didn't want to be into it. I got fucking FLEECED. Guy gave me a grand for a 5D MKII(Pristine basically) and the other camera along with all the other misc gear. When I was nearly 17 I realised how bad I fucked up. Went up the loft. Found a bag of gear. Film SLR OM10 with a bag of lenses. Went out and shot some testers on film completely clueless. Loved it. Bought a d3300 recently.

How long have I been doing photography?

About 6-7 months maybe. Been studying it for longer than that.

Where do I want to go with it?

Hobby right now. The thing with photography is that it's a compettitive industry which is narrow. Photojournalism is hard to break into cause anyone can be on the scene quickly and record it on an iphone and will give it to the news for free. Freelance is just too fucking uncertain for me. As for being paid to do landscape, portraits and anything else it's yet again too uncertain.

Favourite Photo

kgGwIHh