Server time: 2017-10-18, 14:47
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Gamine

ADS with Scope

Question

Gamine    6

So, I've tried an acog and a pso-1-1. Tried with and without a rifle and on different rifles. Any time I ads with those optics, if I take a step in any direction I'm locked in the ads and cannot exit, except by removing the weapon from my hands. If I put the weapon back in my hands, scope or no scope, rifle or handgun, I go back to the locked ads. Only relogging fixes it. Am I bugged or are the scopes bugged? It doesn't happen if I don't move while ads. Red dots work fine.

10 answers to this question

Boston    772

Try verifying your game cache.

This update is pretty buggy. If verifying your cache doesn't work, I'd say it's the game.

Also, do you have any launch parameters?

Cormac    0

Do you have aiming deadzone or head bob on? And can you also check your key bindings as something may be conflicting if you have changed any of them.

Gamine    6

Okay, no launch parameters, verified, everything was fine. I've tested all my optics. I can't reproduce it on the acog again. The hunting scope won't do it. However the pso-1-1 still does it and does it every time. I'm guessing its just bugged. If there are any people who can also do it with the pso-1-1 lemme know, because the only variable I can't eliminate is myself. Also head bob is off, not sure what the aiming deadzone would be. And I haven't touched the key bindings this patch. The pso-1-1 scope worked fine for me in .59.

Cormac    0

Okay, no launch parameters, verified, everything was fine. I've tested all my optics. I can't reproduce it on the acog again. The hunting scope won't do it. However the pso-1-1 still does it and does it every time. I'm guessing its just bugged. If there are any people who can also do it with the pso-1-1 lemme know, because the only variable I can't eliminate is myself.

Just tested it in game and couldn't reproduce it, with the PSO on the gun and in hands. Let me know if you try my suggestion above and see if that works.

Gamine    6

The pso-1 or the pso-1-1? I had a vss at one point that's what drew my attention to it.

Cormac    0

The pso-1 or the pso-1-1? I had a vss at one point that's what drew my attention to it.

It was a PSO 1-1. I've tried a few things to try and make me stuck but I had no luck.

Gamine    6

Weird. Maybe the PSO-1-1 doesn't like me. Okay. Well thanks for helping!

Small update: I thought it stopped doing that with the pso-1-1 scope. Walked around and it didn't do it but then I looked around with it and it started it again.

Update 2: So! instead of relogging, I removed the scope, zoomed in without it. Then I ads'd with my pistol and it stopped.

Cormac    0

Sorry we couldn't come up with a permanent solution, I'll keep an eye out for one and post it here if anything is found.

Gamine    6

Sorry for posting in a solved thread but it turns out it was a mouse setting issue. The double click rate was too high. I don't know how that caused it but lowering it fixed it. Thank you!

Cormac    0

Sorry for posting in a solved thread but it turns out it was a mouse setting issue. The double click rate was too high. I don't know how that caused it but lowering it fixed it. Thank you!

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting your fix.