Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:44

Sign in to follow this  
Parusoid

Animals spawning rule

Parusoid    0

Does anyone know what may be the animals spawn rule?

I know that zombies spawn in cities and villages, detailes claims they spawn 500m radius from a player and maximum number of it is 40. Wiki also says that Zombies are spawned by the server and every client receives their position from the server. Once Zombies are alerted to your presence and actively start chasing you, your client takes over their pathfinding; this is sent to the server and relayed to other players. This is performed to ease the AI pathfinding load on the server. Because of this mechanic Zombies can often lag, even at low latencies to the server.

I already know animals (expect chickens and rabbits, i have enough of them) spawn near water sources like lakes and streams, wild ones closer to tree lines and in woods, domesticated ones like goats and cows in the fields. But i never met anything than chickens even though i even started patroling area where the supposed spawns are (according to countless animal spawn maps found in the webs). I even started to  just walk instead of run bc animals can be scared and run away before i spot them.

Im interested in knowing the mechanics and how many of animals there can be total per server at one time and is there any chance dayzrp can make custom increased value of animal spawns.

Ryve    1

As far as i know there is still no spawn system for the Zombies. They only spawn after Server restarts, same with the Animals But im not 100% sure.

Parusoid    0

It is really hard to lead a hunter's life especially here, on role playing server, where you cant even effectively live off the land. Wilderness is such an important factor. WIthout it theres nothing left except for looting houses and robbing people. Wihtout the animals i feel like im stripped off the only way of playing i enjoy.

Giraffel    95

I think that they spawn only after restarts, it would be awesome if new ones would spawn after some are killed but I guess we'll have to wait for that being implemented. But right now chicken are everywhere and I found a big pack of deer near Zelenogorsk yesterday.

Mellstrom    21

i see deers, cows and chickens everywhere. You just need to follow treelines and preferably be up north around the lopatino and grishino areas.

Blu    21

I normally go up north to find animals as people rarely go up there.

Parusoid    0

I see no problem, who needs KFC if you have unlimited chicken :D

But right now chicken are everywhere.

The things is i don't hunt animals for meet. The loot i want is pelt, chickens does not have it.

i see deers, cows and chickens everywhere. You just need to follow treelines and preferably be up north around the lopatino and grishino areas.

I normally go up north to find animals as people rarely go up there.

Current area im patrolling now is fields near Ozerko lake. I follow treelines and also fields, unfortunaley none animals have showed up.

I would need to try lopatino and grishino areas, however those are in close proximity to milatry base and airstrip, and i dont wanna risk encountering robbers. I think those areas are highly crowded with violence-loving players.

VincentLake    2

Heading away from Lopatino today, I encountered a massive herd of deer. So yeah, +1 to this

theh5    6

[*]This info' is taken from code snippets - It might be a bit outdate.

[*]* Each building is triggered individually, and has its own loot-spawn timer.

[*]* Loot spawns as soon as a player is closer than 120m but farther than 30m from the building. The building's loot spawn timer also starts then.

[*]* Every 10 minutes new loot will spawn if and only if there is a player in the 120–30m ring. A player in that ring will cause loot to spawn on the timer

[*]* even if there is another player inside the 30m ring. If you're not inside that ring when the timer checks for a player, there will be no new loot.

[*]* Each spawn location in a building has a 50% chance to populate whenever spawning is triggered, so emptying loot spots helps.

[*]* Backpacks and ammo cases don't count when the code checks if there's already loot in a spot.

[*]* Bonus: Zombies spawn when a player enters a 200m circle.

As far as i know there is still no spawn system for the Zombies. They only spawn after Server restarts, same with the Animals But im not 100% sure.

[*]

That's not the case.

Parusoid    0

All Loot, animals, zombies, spawn whenever a player is near. If no player is near there is no loot, zombies, animals as that'd just increase CPU load.

How do you explai the fact that even though im patrolling area for like an half an hour no amials appear?

theh5    6

All Loot, animals, zombies, spawn whenever a player is near. If no player is near there is no loot, zombies, animals as that'd just increase CPU load.

How do you explai the fact that even though im patrolling area for like an half an hour no amials appear?

Because there are also spawn circles that need to be in the right circumstances for the spawn to occur, I updated my post. It doesn't say much about animals but how different could they be from zombies? - Reread my original edited post

Parusoid    0

Because there are also spawn circles that need to be in the right circumstances for the spawn to occur, I updated my post. It doesn't say much about animals but how different could they be from zombies? - Reread my original edited post

I am using this map. Im pretty sure I am in the spawn circles so the trigger can activate.

UPADTE: So I have checked several places and never seen an animal other than chicken.

dayz-wild-animals-spawn-points-dayz-standalone.jpg