Server time: 2017-10-24, 00:35
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dr Willsky

recording and Teamspeak

Question

Dr Willsky    170

Hey all of you tech guru's,

I use shadowplay to record and I'm wondering if there's a way to only record the In game sounds and voip and not the TS. 

If any of you beautifull people have any ideas, suggestions, remarks I'd love to hear them :)

Greetings Will

14 answers to this question

Blu    42

The way I do it is just mute TS but there is probably a way to not let it be recorded while not having TS muted.

Eagle    409

There is no way to disable the TS audio unless you don't want your mic to be heard with the setting *In-Game* in the audio options other than that no  there is none in the option but you can manually mute your TS and then it works.

Jamie    1424

/Moved to Questions.

Brodie    43

As what has been said before, there's a TeamSpeak mute button/feature, and in TS you can set hotkeys, so, you can mute and unmute your TS sound whenever you like, so say you're trying to record something, you can just mute your TS in order to do so, as what as been said before by others that have replied basically.

MagicMike    69

As others said, id suggest making a hotkey for your TS, there you can select what keys mute your mic and sound. Once you mute you can go on and record with no TS audio.

Settings > options > hotkeys. 

Make sure your keys arent ones ingame too. I used my numpad for hotkeys.

Let me know if this works for you, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Hebi Kotei    350

If you want to record only the in game sounds then you need to have a headset with 2 or more inputs (Like a USB and a AV, if you use turtle beach's, these have them), this is so it can create two channels in your playback devices. Once you have done that you want to right click on the speaker icon in the system tray and click playback devices, once you have done that you then would want to right click on one of them (the one that isn't selected) and click set as default communication device. ShadowPlay will only record the sound coming through your default device, not your communications device.

Felli    65

Easiest way would just to mute TeamSpeak whilst you record. I am actually not sure if it is possible to have it unmuted but still not record the sound from it.

Castiel    1124

You can download a Virtual Audio Cable, and set TeamSpeak to go through one and in-game audio to go through the other, this will allow you to only record the audio from one while keeping the other out of it - but still being able to hear it yourself.

Oliv    1890

snip

The method described here is how I used to do it as well. I've recently purchased a new headset that isn't USB and I lost this functionality. I have an idea on how to make it work, but haven't played with it yet. Perhaps I will this weekend.

If I figure it out, I'll post the solution here.

Dr Willsky    170

I would just mute TS when you don't want to me be heard at a certain time in your recording.

love you Will

u speake engrish fery guud ;)

luf u chickenbutt 

And I think I'm gonna use the push to mute (mic and speaker) as proposed in this thread. Seems the easiest way and least amount of effort.

Ideal I was thinking about having 1 channel where I hear and speak on the TS and another one where I hear and speak in game. Someone said something about audiocables and some other wizardry. If anyone has any guide/more indepth explanation of this I would love to hear it. 

Josh    37

If you really want to separate audio channels try x split.

Otherwise i would disable all of the sound packs on ts and mute when you need to rp,.

That way you wont hear any of the notifications in the recording. Good luck. :D

Skeetsi    0

Amazing when people say there's no way to disable TS audio.

I've used Virtual Audio Cable for a good while now and it allows me to record without getting TS audio on video. Only thing is it fucks up your audio sometimes and normally I just disable it when I'm not going to record games or play DayZ. Could make a guide about this I guess, I'll get to that when I'm less hungover than I am now :P

I'm sure you could just Google it though

Chinchilla    77

[video=youtube]

I've used this video before and it worked for me!

From the vid descrip: DOES work with Shadowplay! Shadowplay, with the game sound option selected, will record your default audio device. So if we have Skype/Teamspeak coming through line 2, and line 1 as our default audio device, then we are golden. After you set this up, you will need to restart Shadowplay, and it should all work nicely :)

This should 100% work so I'll mark as solved, if you're having trouble or for some reason can't get it to work let us know and we'll unsolve.