Server time: 2017-08-22, 20:43

Sign in to follow this  

The RP since 0.60

Ok before I start I just want to get out there that this is MY opinion. I based my opinion from my RP experience since 0.60.

So 0.60 was released and the rp was.. you know ok. But then Psi came. We all know his RP is not really good but its fine (Dont get me wrong I like his video's and such but like I said, its my opinion). 

I noticed that the servers are full.. Great for DayZRP but is it great for the RP? I noticed that 9/10 people I meet check my pulse. This is very annoying and I cant take those guys serious. They are "traders".. always traders. Im pretty sure that most of the "old" rpers agree with me if I say the RP went downhill. Probably alot of people are gonna say: "this is not true", "There is already a thread for this" But it is true. 

I also noticed I started doing Bandit RP because being a nice guy is not working. Because people always got something to do.

I think to restart the lore would be a blast to all the RP. But again.. People already "build" there characters and dont wanna do it. Maybe we can try to "restart" the lore. 

The infection just happend..  What are you gonna do?..

I would like to hear your opinions on this.

-Jack

I mean they are new? we was all new at one point give em time ye?

I can't say the RP since I've been back is bad... Only a couple of new people I can complain about.

But like I said. We was all new at one point or another so you can't blame them for doing that sort of thing. I prefer traders then soldiers aswell... Just saying

Only thing I've really noticed since .60 and all the new players; is I get robbed by basically every single person I meet now; to the point I've been robbed for my starting kit while still on the coast. usually with little to no actual roleplay and just for the gear I have, nomatter how little or insignificant compared to theirs. (Few days ago for example; guy in full military gear, chest rig, mountain pack, assault rifle n more stops and robs me.. wearing medical clothes, a small pack, a bolt action rifle; and stripped me of EVERYTHING, clothing included and told me to run off into the woods or he'd kill me)

As a whole, even the non hostiles I've met tend to be... odd.. you can tell they're not invested, especially with all the shuffling around you they constantly do and how little they talk.. usually either robbing you shortly after and running off with your kit, or saying next to nothing and still running off

kody311    3

People are new to this amazing world of RP, I remember when I first started out and I was scared to talk to people in game. Because it was a new thing, instead of just being shot, you got to talk to people. I'm guessing this is how a lot of people started out! But in time people will become more comfortable with their Role-Play and be able to come up with a better backstory for their character! But since .60 I haven't run into anyone that is "Bad" at roleplay, just people who seem timid. Give it time, people will ease into it, and your experience will become a lot better.

Blu    21

Give the new players time to adjust to Rp as it can be quite overwhelming at first remember we were all new once. If there are major rules breaks or BadRP just talk to the person or if that fails make a report.

VincentLake    2

The people I've met since the update, has either robbed me or just said "Hi" and then ran off. But, as I'm trying to get some decent gear, I've been travelling in the military locations, so "bad" RP is pretty much unavoidable. I don't mind.

JDoberman    44

I've had my fair share of "RP" and "What the fuck is RP", since the patch came out.

Most of these RP's have been with newer people, some of them, icky, perhaps trolly. Others? Perhaps a effort, but an effort in the wrong place.

(We ran into like 1000 dudes claiming to be in the US Military)

Let these gif's describe this.

Guy, smashing his head against a wall.

88ac69adb78b45fe22920416a944bef6.gif

Vic becomes a cooking pot murderer

462x221https://i.gyazo.com/fff6b85b0f863b755bc19b4e42506a34.jpg[/img]

Giving a hostage a shovel to finish his opponent

411x286https://i.gyazo.com/7c70dbba684e79c4bde468969da3e0df.gif[/img]

Roach    1556

I'll always be in favor of a lore wipe. Let's just do it already (with a fair warning period so others can finish their stories). I know some are gonna hate this suggestion but it has to be done. Regular RP is stale and repetitive now and with the wave of newcomers (which is great to have) we are all simply not on the same page.

Let's just do it!

It's not gonna fix ALL problems but I assure you that it will fix a lot of em.

Melvin    84

A day ago, I posted a suggestion that will tackle the problems that this thread keeps posing. Y'know, the thread is still up.

But other then that, newcomers are just that, newcomers. It is just that the ratio of new guys to old guys is much more swayed with the huge influx of new roleplayers so that the incidence of such things like OKDROPWEPNOTGONNASAYAGAINLOL

is much more common. I would say, give it a month, encourage these newcomers to group up with experienced lads, there are a lot of ways to solve these issues. Most important thing here is patience. Ok,  maybe a lot. Rip m4

I'll always be in favor of a lore wipe. Let's just do it already (with a fair warning period so others can finish their stories). I know some are gonna hate this suggestion but it has to be done. Regular RP is stale and repetitive now and with the wave of newcomers (which is great to have) we are all simply not on the same page.

Let's just do it!

I agree with this, some of my favorite time in RP was at the start of standalone, when the infection was fresh. We now have a brilliant team of LoreMasters and, in my opinion, now would be the perfect time to do something like this. Of course, people should have time to finish up their story lines and so on before this would happen.

-snip-

I feel like a restart of the Lore isn't needed at all, but it would be interesting for sure.

As I already said, this is 2013 all over again. New players, new ways of RPing. Some of them are bad, some of them are good. Live with that. We can't have 100% professional RPers all the time. You see the reports for KoS, BadRP and Trolling? They are almost hitting 2 pages, but once they are done, I feel like most of these guys will just vanish.

Yesterday I met some newcomers. The first thing they did was sprint to my face and say "That's a nice AK you got there". I came on TS3 and explained to then that that type of RP would eventually get them banned, so i think they stopped with it. Let's try and educate the ones who are bad before doing anything so big as restarting the Lore.

Tewudin    44

Let's just do it!

I agree with this, some of my favorite time in RP was at the start of standalone, when the infection was fresh. We now have a brilliant team of LoreMasters and, in my opinion, now would be the perfect time to do something like this. Of course, people should have time to finish up their story lines and so on before this would happen.

Restarting things isn't a solution. Yes, it'll be good for a while but then let's give it 2-3 months and the RP will become the way it is right now again.

Let's just do it!

Restarting things isn't a solution. Yes, it'll be good for a while but then let's give it 2-3 months and the RP will become the way it is right now again.

I know its not a solution, I never said it was. There is no way to make everyones RP amazing, but maybe a Lore wipe would allow new people to develop their characters with the Lore. It would also bring fresh, new ideas to people.

Melvin    84

Maybe not a lore wipe. A new chapter would be fun. ;). An official government, developments with the lore, hell, maybe an official reason why there is so much fog!

Let's just do it!

I 100% agree with you sir.

Tewudin    44

I know its not a solution, I never said it was. There is no way to make everyones RP amazing, but maybe a Lore wipe would allow new people to develop their characters with the Lore. It would also bring fresh, new ideas to people.

I'm not complaining about RP though. It isn't great but it'll be better eventually and to be honest I think that if we were about to do lore wipe every time a new large group of newcomers shows up, we would have to restart it at least 2 times a year if not more. At least that how I see it.

With a big influx of new players badrp will always come with it, the only thing we can do is teach them the norm so they can adapt. I personally haven't been robbed at all but I have certainly been met with some unwanted RP. For example people talking OOC in voip, calling someone a witch because she dissapeared right in front of him (Game crash) etc.. And the list goes on. All we can do is teach them and the excessive rulebreakers will be filtered out by the report system :)

Brodie    43

IMO it's just because people are new, and if they've read the guides and tutorials they know to not be bandits straight away, as they don't have much experience on DayzRP ect. So, as long as they're roleplaying, not breaking rules, and reading the guides and tutorials, then I have no issue with them, even though the whole pulse checking thing can get annoying, I just say, "Why are you sniffing me, what the fuck?" - This usually throws them off and then they don't do it anymore!

But also what has been stated above by other people, it's great to have soooo many people on the servers, but where the hell is everyone is my only question?

Just a quick edit: This is also why there should be a mentor system, like what Mental stated, it's an absolute brilliant idea.

Another Edit, (bloody hell I'm stupid!): When it comes down to the lore reset, with all the groups that around nowadays, I'd say it'd mess up quite a bit with all the characters, group lore, ect ect, because it's a complete reset, so, basically everyone would, 1: Have to remake their characters, redo their lore, and 2: It would mess with group lore, people in the groups, people's knowledge, ect ect, it's wayyy too much hassle IMO.

Hebi Kotei    302

I felt like that .60 was the perfect time to do it, I think it is now that we should do one, but at the same time I put so much work in Ondrej :o

I'm not complaining about RP though. It isn't great but it'll be better eventually and to be honest I think that if we were about to do lore wipe every time a new large group of newcomers shows up, we would have to restart it at least 2 times a year if not more. At least that how I see it.

We never said reset the Lore everytime an influx of players came in... What we mean is now would be the best time if the Lore were ever to be set.

MagicMike    69

I like to RP with new people, sometimes it can be so fun, because theyre less in fear of ooc hate and related things. Yes, ive experienced badrp but nothing intensely bad. Ive been in a bunch of shoot outs for the first time in months, i dont hate it. Give it time i guess, if you think theyre really poor, report them.

I am against a lore reset. I like it the way it is, id rather see a side project. There is a chance one can live off the influx of players. 

I also want to see the mentor system occur, it could be fun for mentors and good for new guys.

Tewudin    44

We never said reset the Lore everytime an influx of players came in... What we mean is now would be the best time if the Lore were ever to be set.

Maybe, maybe not but I think that it was stated some time ago that the entire lore wipe will definitely happen once the game is finished.

Maybe, maybe not but I think that it was stated some time ago that the entire lore wipe will definitely happen once the game is finished.

So I guess we're gonna get a Lore wipe in 3 years.

My experience has not been great. Had one good RP session with Von Cats group Ta Seda that I randomly ran into. Everything else has been gear gear gear and more gear. Oh and did I forget to mention gear?

I'd say we have killed nearly 50 non compliers in the last week, shits hilarious what things they try do.