Server time: 2017-08-18, 07:14

Sign in to follow this  

Is asking someone to strip for demoralization and information againts server rules?

Do you think forcing someone to strip should be a bannable offense?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think forcing someone to strip should be a bannable offense?

In irl situatons  hosatages are sometimes  stripped naked for demoralization purposes and it also makes the hostage more likely to give up information that you need. I've been told by multiple people now that Forcing a hostage to strip is sexual harrasment and a bannable offense regarless of the purps intentions.  Believe it or not its not an uncommon thing that happens in irl hostage situations. 

I thank you for your opinions

Castiel    1124

I have never and would never force a hostage of mine to strip completely naked. I'm unsure if it's against the rules to do so, however I would probably consider it BadRP if they left you with absolutely no clothing.

I have never and would never force a hostage of mine to strip completely naked. I'm unsure if it's against the rules to do so, however I would probably consider it BadRP if they left you with absolutely no clothing.

Thanks for the info but do you think it would be bad rp if the hostage was given their  clothes back after the interrogation?

Blu    21

For something like this I would do an //permission to remove clothes as it can be a sensitive topic. You will have to give there clothes back after the encounter as that would be considered BadRP.

Castiel    1124

I mean, I've been threatened in-game that I would be stripped naked and walked through the streets so everyone could see me for who I truly was (A slave trader) and I would have been absolutely fine with it, because the people were providing great RP. I guess it all just depends on the specific situation at hand!

Thanks for the info but do you think it would be bad rp if the hostage was given their  clothes back after the interrogation?

If you RP it out, make it a key factor of the situation without it seeming out of place - I personally think it's fine. However there is a camp that argues that it is completely disallowed because they assume it implies nudity (even though your character still has underwear on).

Aiko    568

Yeah this is against the rules, unless said person agrees OOC to this then I wouldn't do it. Its considered bad rp yes, even if you give the clothing back. There are at times ok, as I said when you ask permission by said hostage before hand. Much like you would a scar, it would be better that way. So your victim doesn't get offended, and might be more willing to do it. ^_^

Grimnir    584

The problem is most people would abuse this and it would become normal again to undress your hostage. Rule-wise I think it would still be considered badrp, but don't take that as confirmed.

Here we go again lads whew, its a part of RP we can say no to this IG so I don't see why youve made a thread about it?

How is stripping somebody down bad RP though? It's a common technique to visually assess and look for any concealed weapons. I still fail to see how it's bad RP - unless the captors strip the hostage immediately to simply rummage through their vests/clothing for gear.

Here we go again lads whew, its a part of RP we can say no to this IG so I don't see why youve made a thread about it?

Because i Have used this in Hostage situations on other servers and i dont wanna get banned for something im use to doing? 

thanks for the feed back but i dont understand why u have a problem with me getting clarity?

I don't know why people would say this is against the rules. Stripping someone of their cloths, with a good RP reason behind it, is allowed. What is not allowed, however, is to strip someone when robbing that said person, as it is completely unrealistic. In a real life situation you would pat someone and check the pockets which is exactly what you need to do via emotes:

*pats down the man and takes everything that was found*

In the situation you described, stripping someone of their cloths seems like an ok-ish thing to do. But don't forget, if you want to do this in the future you need a good RP reason to do so.

How is stripping somebody down bad RP though? It's a common technique to visually assess and look for any concealed weapons. I still fail to see how it's bad RP - unless the captors strip the hostage immediately to simply rummage through their vests/clothing for gear.

Because RP wise you are having someone stand there completely naked, with their nilly willy hanging out for all to see....don't think that is need to visually assess and look for concealed weapons. You can always emote *frisk for any concealed weapons* in which they would have to drop. The only reason people do this is to check for gear...which shouldn't be the main reason, and most people do it with no RP as to why they have a completely naked person standing in the middle of the road while they rummage through their things

Fafnir    31

I dont see it as bad rp as long as its rp'd well tho usually it isn't. I known a few situations where someone has made someone strip for demoralization. And dont see why you would need to ask for permission since its a condition the games mechanics allows.

Because RP wise you are having someone stand there completely naked, with their nilly willy hanging out for all to see....don't think that is need to visually assess and look for concealed weapons. You can always emote *frisk for any concealed weapons* in which they would have to drop. The only reason people do this is to check for gear...which shouldn't be the main reason, and most people do it  with no RP as to whythey have a completely naked person standing in the middle of the road while they rummage through their things

Bro i get where your coming from but  in a situation where your trying to gain information through demoralization (which is used very often in the real world)  you want them to feel exposed? thats the whole reason of doing it?

I never voted on this my reason being because i see where you are coming from people in real life situations are told to strip down naked to find any type of weapons on them these things happen in war,prison and aloud other situations that your mind can think of but on the other hand this is a role play community and role play this out is against the rules stripping some down in game i have seen to be a reportable offence and i think people have been banned over this kind of stuff. So overall i don't know where my mind stands on this question because some many people can say some many different things but in the end both sides of the scale will weigh the same for both arguments.      

Because RP wise you are having someone stand there completely naked, with their nilly willy hanging out for all to see....don't think that is need to visually assess and look for concealed weapons. You can always emote *frisk for any concealed weapons* in which they would have to drop. The only reason people do this is to check for gear...which shouldn't be the main reason, and most people do it with no RP as to why they have a completely naked person standing in the middle of the road while they rummage through their things

Because RP wise you are having someone stand there completely naked, with their nilly willy hanging out for all to see

But they're not naked, they're never naked. The character in game and in character still has their underwear on. Anybody who assumes that because you had your pants and shirt mean means that you are naked is literally powergaming the captors.

You haven't even addressed the emotional/psychological effect stripping a hostage has in a capture scenario.

I think it depends. If it's a one on one robbery then I think it's OK to ask someone to strip providing it's rp'd out good. If its a group of people robbing an individual then there is no excuse why someone couldn't keep at least a roll of duct tape or rope on them.

to clarify i wouldnt be using this as a form of robbery it would be used in interrogation Purposes only.

Unknown Entity    126

You don't need to strip people:

*Pats him down for guns, ammo and knives* // do I find any?

Somrimes it can be good to to force someone to get nakrd. Maybe you want to humiliate him or others. If it's just to rob? Nope.

Finn    76

If they are just getting you to take the clothes off to make sure they haven't missed any gear I think it should be prohibited, because they could just do Searches for any ammo, weapons, etc* //Do I find any?? and you would have to respond with what they actually find. Otherwise if it was to torture my character in a way and they didn't keep the clothes I'd be fine.

As some others were saying.. if you ask for permission, then why not?

Melvin    84

I aaaaaam assuming this has to do with the situation that you, me and that guy shared a few hours ago and perhaps some could be factored to what I spoke to you guys about.

I still stand by what I said that I believed that forcing a hostage to remove his clothes is against the rules. It can be emoted out or have permission being asked beforehand.

For demoralising, I am not the type of guy who dabbles in holdups too much so I'll leave it to the lads to discuss but me personally,  I would be wondering whether there is a better way to go about this then stripping the guy naked.

For interrogation, I mean, yeaaaah, it could work but honestly, if I was hard pressed to tell you some vital infomatuon, making me strip to my tightie whities ain't gonna loosen up my tongue. Just my two cents.

JDoberman    44

I think this is something that would require permission, in case something happened IRL, they have a chance to say "No" because it makes them uncomfortable..