Server time: 2017-08-22, 18:52

Sign in to follow this  
iagodilemoix

Disconnection Issue, reason unknown?

Question

Ever since the .60 "hotfix" I haven't been able to stay online for more than a minute or so on our normal servers. Public servers seem to pose no issue. Tonight, however, I was about to connect, RP, and roam about for a number of hours, on either S4 (S4 being most likely) or S5, I'm not sure exactly which, due to the time between connecting and encountering people (RP encounters with a Glenn and an Allie at least, near Dolina) however when I attempted to log into S1 (with 10/60 server population) afterwards, I was once again booted directly to the main menu, without an error nor disconnection message, after a minute or so. I have cleared all relative programs from my active log2, as well as verified the games cache through steam. I ask: Are there any other possible solutions to this issue? I am based within the central standard time zone, and it seems the UK servers  are the ones booting me off without a message. I have my "ping" filter set to 300, so I must ask: is there an auto-kick enabled for a certain ping level? While I don't feel as though I'd reach a set limit with my connection, I thought I would ask. 

Insofar, from looking at the forums, I have done what I have found for solutions to this problem (as previously stated) in hopes of maintaining a place to RP, instead of being constantly shot in the back (on public servers) while playing. Any help, suggestions and/or advice would be most appreciated. 

Much Thanks;

Iago diLeMoix

29 answers to this question

What name do you go by ingame? Im just curious as to whether your getting kicked for an invalid rp name.

What name do you go by ingame? Im just curious as to whether your getting kicked for an invalid rp name.

Iago LeMoix, my white listed name. As I said, I was able to stay online on either S4 or S5 for multiple hours at a time tonight, however as soon as I attempted to log into S1 prior to heading off the the evening, I was booted to main menu, without an error message, within a minute or so.

Did you have any friends on the server at the time? Just wondering as they would see the kick messages that don't show up for the person being kicked anymore.

Did you have any friends on the server at the time? Just wondering as they would see the kick messages that don't show up for the person being kicked anymore.

I'm afraid not, only white listed friend I have is currently in bed with his woman, and also hasn't been active for a while (roommate that is lol)

However, seeing as you are alive and awake, would you be willing to connect to a server alongside me, and then let me know if you see a message about my name?

S1 at the immediate moment has 16/60 and S4 (which I believe I was connected to prior) had 3/60. 

I will jump onto S4 first, to be sure it is where I held steady, then head into S1 after seeing you reply to this thread.

Go right ahead and give it a shot, ill let you know if I see a kick message.

Go right ahead and give it a shot, ill let you know if I see a kick message.

S4 booted me within 2 minutes, S5 is where I apparently was stable. Switching to S1 now to see what happens

I would attempt changing your name ingame to something more plain. It could be that a staff member is taking your name as invalid and kicking you when they see it.

If that doesn't solve it, then it might be a ping issue; although I believe the ping limit is around 400. Finally if nothing else reinstalling your game could be the only solution.

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help, but there isn't alot of info to go off of.

O G    30

What I would do is try to reach out to the team and see if you are infact being kicked for an invalid name, I'm not exactly sure why, it may be due to the capitalization of the name. If you're able to connect just fine but get booted afterwards then you may be getting kicked.

Now, if that's not the case. You have tried rebooting your router already, I assume? If not, I'd try doing that. If that doesn't do it, try restarting your computer. Their can be leaks in the DayZ process at times that makes it very unstable to play, including constant disconnects. I hope this helps.

What I would do is try to reach out to the team and see if you are infact being kicked for an invalid name, I'm not exactly sure why, it may be due to the capitalization of the name. If you're able to connect just fine but get booted afterwards then you may be getting kicked.

Now, if that's not the case. You have tried rebooting your router already, I assume? If not, I'd try doing that. If that doesn't do it, try restarting your computer. Their can be leaks in the DayZ process at times that makes it very unstable to play, including constant disconnects. I hope this helps.

That could be it, as it seems more random as to which servers kick me or not. I was able to get onto S1 and stay on for some time, even though prior S1 was booting me without a message. Router is fine, done all the usual with it as well.

Autumn    121

Curious, OP what is your name as it appears on the home screen? Im in agreement with Future that you might be getting kicked for your name.

So you are able to access all servers, apart from S1?

When players are banned for invalid names, that ban is carried across all our servers. So if you are able to access some but not all, then invalid name should not be the issue.

Have you tried reinstalling battleye?

O G    30

So you are able to access all servers, apart from S1?

When players are banned for invalid names, that ban is carried across all our servers. So if you are able to access some but not all, then invalid name isnt the issue.

Have you tried reinstalling battleye?

But usually, if it's just an invalid name people aren't usually banned straight off. Just a kick to give a chance to change it. Just could be different staff members on each server,  just a thought! 

However, it could be a case of the battleye. Try doing that as well if all else fails. I've had an instance where I had to do that plus reinstall dayz, it's very touchy at times and corrupts files at will.

Some of our servers have been acting up lately, so it could possibly be tied to that.

Keep us updated :)

I worked over the weekend, and will as well tonight. Once home again, I will try each server that is up at the time, and see how long I am able to stay on each. I'll post prior to doing so, in hopes that someone might be able to watch for in-game messages as to me being disconnected, then we can regroup with what we learn in this thread.

Server 1 booted me, without message, within 1 minute and 10 seconds.

I was on server 2 for 32 minutes. Game froze, and I restarted the computer (may or may not be server related)

Booting into Server 3, now

Server 1 disconnected me within a minute and a half.

Server 2 I was connected over half an hour, and was able to voluntarily log off to continue testing.

Server 3 kicked me within 2 minutes.

Server 4 performed similar to server 2, allowing me to stay on without issues until I decided to continue testing

Server 5 let me play, but ended up freezing the game to the point I had to do a restart on my computer.

At the time of me doing the tests last night, none of the servers were full, most had under 20 players, though server 3 I believe had around 40.

Still no idea as to whats causing it.

Harry    18

Server 1 disconnected me within a minute and a half.

Server 2 I was connected over half an hour, and was able to voluntarily log off to continue testing.

Server 3 kicked me within 2 minutes.

Server 4 performed similar to server 2, allowing me to stay on without issues until I decided to continue testing

Server 5 let me play, but ended up freezing the game to the point I had to do a restart on my computer.

At the time of me doing the tests last night, none of the servers were full, most had under 20 players, though server 3 I believe had around 40.

Still no idea as to whats causing it.

It has been three days ago. Is there any update on this? Did any of the tips people gave you work out?

Harry    18

Since the OP has not responded and hasnt been online for 2 days i am going to solve this, but keep it open in case the OP replies again to this thread in which case it will go back to unsolved if the OP is still experiencing the problem.

/Solved

Sorry, I got pulled into a 24 hour twitch stream for a new patch on another game, then had to work a couple of 15-hour days. I'll re-test again this afternoon

Harry    18

Alright ill bring it back to unsolved for now.

S1: 57 seconds from spawn in to disconnection, 20/60 player count at time of connecting

S2: Connected over 12 minutes, logged voluntarily to test next server. 12\60 player count at time of connecting. Seems Stable.

S3: Stayed online over 21 minutes before switching to S4. 7\60 players online at the time of spawn. Seemed stable.

S4: Connected for 15 minutes, no issues. 6\60 player count when spawning. Stable enough to play on.

S5: Disconnected about 1 minute and 15 seconds after spawning in. 12\60 player count when logging in. At least it didn't freeze the game this time.

Spawn times did not include the approx. 95 second wait time for switching too quickly after logging out. Started the stopwatch on my phone the moment I heard the ocean as my "spawn in" time.

S1/S2/S4 has seen no change in performance. S3 actually allowed me to play this time, so that's a plus. S5 didn't freeze my computer this time, but still disconnected me shortly after connecting.

No other users on the internet connection, no bad weather or other known issues locally.

Any ideas?

Just logged back into S2 to actually play, since it was stable before, and it disconnected me twice in a row after about a minute. No error message at all.

This is a tad annoying ><

Harry    18

Are you sure that you have a valid RP name once you join the server? Do you get any message that you are kicked out for a reason?.

No messages at all on my end, it kicks me straight to the main menu. I've had the same name the entire time I've played on the servers.