Server time: 2017-10-22, 13:55
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Yates

younger players

The Marshal    353

Over the age of 16? No problem! Underage? Typically, we can't cater to that sort of audience. There is normally no ability to take the game seriously in 4/5 younger gamers. Unfortunately, it's been that was for awhile, and the ones who lie about their age tend to get rooted out fairly quickly for the same reason.

Future    31

Sorry man, under the age of 16 isn't allowed. It won't ever change either.

Whip    0

giphy.gif

We got enough problems, we don't need to babysit a bunch of 12 year olds too

Aiko    650

Sadly I wouldn't like to rp with a anyone younger than 16. There are subjects that come up in rp, that really wouldn't be appropriate for 14 to 15 years old. I mean we have Cannibals, slave traders, swearing, and a lot of other things I dont think a 14 to 15 year old should be hearing on the internet. Even if they prove to be mature. My character has Multiple Personality, who has a sexual side. Which would be a little awkward afterword, if I found out that he was underage. Which, can happen with how high the voice is in game. So I would sat no, to anyone below the age of 16.

I have known younger people though, that are the opposite way. When some of us might not like rping with younger crowd, I seen some 16-18 year olds not wanting to play with older rpers. Like 25 and up, they feel that they only would bring stale boring rp to the table.

Plank    0

The age limit helps maintain the quality of the community. I don't doubt that there are some 14 or 15 year olds out there with more maturity than some of our members in their twenties though. :)

Felli    65

I think the age limit we have is good as it is. Most people are fairly mature at the age of 16 and people with English as a second language usually know it pretty well by then.

Vapor    0

I am happy with the current age limit. If he wants to join he has to wait those 2 years.

Castiel    1124

I'm happy with it the way it is. He can wait the two years, it's worth it!

Chinchilla    77

This poll alone shows us that maturity is not a guarantee even with people 16 and over.

"Yes"

"Yes if they're mature enough"

"No, I hate them"

Really? No I hate them? DayZ deals with mature themes... mix in some RP... never mind some of the creative minds we have here and I'd say we're lucky it isn't an 18+ age limit.

Seiceps the Deceiver    309

If one gets let through then they all must or DayZRP(portrayed as a business in Rolle's country) must cater to the rest. Let him wait, and generate ideas in the time he does. With how the community is bustling he has no worry to think it won't be here. Shoot we max 4 servers!

Aiko    650

This poll alone shows us that maturity is not a guarantee even with people 16 and over.

"Yes"

"Yes if they're mature enough"

"No, I hate them"

Really? No I hate them?  DayZ deals with mature themes... mix in some RP... never mind some of the creative minds we have here and I'd say we're lucky it isn't an 18+ age limit.

This is the main reason I didn't vote in that poll, because I dont hate really. So yeahh it might have been best to do a poll here instead and put, No they are too young for this type of rp/game. Not straight off hate O.o

Skeetsi    0

I don't straight up hate them which is why you should have another option in your strawpoll. But I think the 16 age limit is fine. Though I wouldn't mind 18

Jack the Ripper    350

I've met 16 year olds that've been more mature than some 21+ year olds in this community. I think there is a difference between being young and been juvenile so I have no problem dealing with younger members if they are mature enough.

However young people usually do tend to lean more towards being immature, that and DayZRP does deal with mature and controversial themes. No, I think the age limit should stay the same.

theh5    7

When I became emotionally mature when I was the age of 14. I belíeve that people above 13 (why thirteen? 'Cause at that age I've noticed the majority of you people beginning to mature) should be allowed to apply, sure let them complete a *special* underage application but still give them a chance. Think about people with autism, they are often smarter then their peers at any give age and most are emotionally mature (not by choice). But hey, it probably won't change though If I get the chance I will fíght for them.

Unknown Entity    126

When I became emotionally mature when I was the age of 14. I belíeve that people above 13 (why thirteen? 'Cause at that age I've noticed the majority of you people beginning to mature) should be allowed to apply, sure let them complete a *special* underage application but still give them a chance. Think about people with autism, they are often smarter then their peers at any give age and most are emotionally mature (not by choice). But hey, it probably won't change though If I get the chance I will fíght for them.

"Emotionally mature"? What is that?

13? No fucking way. That's too young. To be honest I'd be more of an 18+ person, but the few exceptions (Hi Nolan!) are good to have, so keep it as it is.

I'm also just going to put this here:

b319ce0604.png

AndreyQ    0

This has been addressed before. While of course there are going be be mature people at the age of 13 or 14, we need to draw the line somewhere. 16 was and still is the best place where this line could have been.

So no. I don't want the age restriction to drop.

theh5    7

-snip-

"Emotionally mature"? What is that?

13? No fucking way. That's too young. To be honest I'd be more of an 18+ person, but the few exceptions (Hi Nolan!) are good to have, so keep it as it is.

-snip-

If you don't know what 'emotionally mature' means do you really Think you deserve to hate against people who are emotionally immature?

It means somebody who Thinks, for example, griefing, killing on sight, otherwise being a hindering/disturbing entity, is fun.

And I didn't say ''13'' I said '' I belíeve that people *above* 13...'' If you miss such details, are you sure you are grown up enought to be perceptive enough?

And that age limit for a game is not a requirement, merely a recommendation/preference. Otherwise it'd be illegal for every Little kid on CoD to be playing there. - But not all kids are like that.

Oliv    1886

I personally feel the age requirement should be bumped up, but that's just me. Regardless of maturity level, DayZ seems to have an "M" rating for mature. ESRB guidelines say you need to be 17 to buy an M-rated game.

Maturity means nothing. I have a 11 year old niece that is as mature as a voting adult, but that doesn't mean she should be allowed to play this game. I also know 30+ year olds that aren't mature at all.

Unknown Entity    126

If you don't know what 'emotionally mature' means do you really Think you deserve to hate against people who are emotionally immature?

It means somebody who Thinks, for example, griefing, killing on sight, otherwise being a hindering/disturbing entity, is fun.

First of all I don't appreciate my opinions and questions being considered "hindering / disturbing". I asked a question because I was confused about your employed "emotionally mature" term, and gave my opinion about your "above 13". I am entitled to do so, so don't be a dick about it. Thank you.

Also your explanation of emotionally mature doesn't explain much. "It means somebody who Thinks, for example, griefing, killing on sight", would you care to develop a bit more? That doesn't make sense to me, a 9 year old can think about those rules, that doesn't mean he / she is mature.

Blu    41

The game itself is intended for 18+ and with DayZRP people need to be really mature with some of the topics that can happen in-character.

Let's stop talking about 'maturity' in regards to behaviour on the forums/in game etc. There's plenty of examples for and against people who are under 16 being 'mature' or not.

Think about it from a roleplay perspective, I honestly don't trust a lot of kids/younger people to handle the gravity of the themes/situations/setting that people try to create on DayZRP. I honestly think children (and they are children) generally don't make good roleplayers. They more often than not have a limited set of examples to base their stories off - haven't read or seen enough creative media to avoid cliches and tropes that are cringeworthy.

I don't think they're good story tellers. I don't see how a kid who still gets his room cleaned up meals cooked by his mother can come up with a character that shows originality, creativity and depth.

Dr Willsky    170

The age limit helps maintain the quality of the community. I don't doubt that there are some 14 or 15 year olds out there with more maturity than some of our members in their twenties though. smile.png

Maybe If I teach them the 'way of the warrior' and make them dance a little bit they might become more mature :)

But Nah to be honest and as said previously. There is content that isn't suitable for people under 16. I'm sure there are minus 16'ers who can RP better than 16+ people but some content is just to sensitive to be dealing with at such a young age

Beni    868

Sorry mate, but what your reading is the truth, at 14 I was still giving people shit over Garry's Mod.... The roleplay is kinda too serious for younger people, and the content isn't to PG 14.

That and if we let your little brother in, that means other people who are under the age have to be let in.. And with all the .60 hype and PSISyndicate and other youtubers hype, The numbers will be massive.

Sorry mate, looks like he's just gonna have to wait.