Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:26
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Arcinius

Name Abbreviation?

Question

Arcinius    0

I know people often ask for ID in RP, but as my character's full name is longer than 15 characters, is an abbreviation an appropriate solution?

For Reference:

Full Name: Arcinius Filorion

In Game: Arcinius Filori

or 

ArciniusFilorio

Possible Solution: Arc Filorion

or just RP that the end of the last name was scratched off the ID (if that's allowed).

6 answers to this question

Dishes    159

You may abbreviate your first name if your name is longer than the game's limit, so Arc Filorion will work fine.

Jm Von Cat    154

Are you meaning that you will just emote and it will look like this?

Arc Filorion" *ID*

Or something similar? If that is the case I would encourage you to perhaps put more detail onto it.

EG: "Holds out an old drivers license with the name Arcinius Filorion on it"

As an IGN due to the character limit however Dishes already gave you the answer.

Hassan    448

You can abbreviate your name, but there's also a way to put your full name in there and get passed the character limit if you want to go through the trouble of doing it, it's not really that hard. 

Follow this guide,

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-IG-Name-Too-Large

Mental    0

People never ask for ID, they just ask your name. The days of asking for ID are long gone ;) (was typically used for mod settlements)

marianosvc    27

-snip- Didn't notice Hassan answer! :) I can only say that the guide he posted anyways really helped me a lot, since my character name is also really long!

Arcinius    0

You can abbreviate your name, but there's also a way to put your full name in there and get passed the character limit if you want to go through the trouble of doing it, it's not really that hard. 

Follow this guide,

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-IG-Name-Too-Large

Thanks! This helps a lot.

You can use this guide to be able to use your full IG name, instead of using an abbreviation. I hope it helps you! In my case it's been really useful since my IG name was too large aswell... Thanks to MrEnderMC for helping me sending me the link! http://www.dayzrp.com/t-IG-Name-Too-Large

Thanks. This is waaaaay better than having to shorten my name and is more legitimate to my backstory.