New TS Rule Suggestion

Do you support this rule change?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this rule change?

• Yes I do.
    • No I do not.
    • I would support it with caveats.

Otter    127

It has come to my attention in the last few days that many of the new people in the community are not on the DayZRP TS. This has caused us on several occasions to have to get the to connect to our TS during hostage negotiations. Sometime this takes a few second, sometime it takes much longer, and it kills the flow of the RP. 

I am suggesting that if you are going to be playing on the DayZ Standalone DayZRP server, you should also be, at the very least, connected to the DayZRP TS server. If I need to deliver demands, particularly complicated ones, or if I want to have a conversation with the hostages friends and RP with them, I should be able to do so with limited inconvenience for all parties involved. The only limiter I see is the lack of slots on the TS server, and the lack of rooms, both solved easily I hope. I do not wish to limit people's freedom, and you wouldn't need to speak on our server, but you would need to be connected. 

I wish to gauge the community's opinion on this. Please vote in the poll above and make points either for or against below as comments.

Oliv    1879

It's come up before, and the answer always seemed to be we can't force people.

A side note though, is there an issue with giving them a countdown before you say, shoot out their knees if some one isn't available within 60 seconds.

Otter    127

A side note though, is there an issue with giving them a countdown before you say, shoot out their knees if some one isn't available within 60 seconds.

I would prefer to not shoot my hostages for someone elses fuckups. And about forcing people, there are many other types of roleplay ones, particularly Arma 3 servers that make TS mandatory. It is in fact enforceable, If I get into a situation where I need to negotiate, and no one is in our TS it should be a reportable offence.

Vapor    0

I like it. I know the feeling of trying to negotiate when the person you captured has friends somewhere on the server but they are not connected to the server. Real bummer because then you try your best to make the role play enjoyable for as long as you can.

MapleMooses    0

I disagree. This is not something that can even be enforced easily.

You can easily have your hostage speak to their group members for you... I personally am not always on TS when I RP... I find people speak OOC too much and I don't even have a group I play with to deal with negotiations...

Most people who are in groups (which will be the only ones that you will be able to have hostage negotiation RP with) will be on teamspeak anyway...

DickSlide    250

I like this idea you have here Otter but this has been brought up many times and its like beating a dead horse. You can't really enforce it. I really wish there is a way to enforce this rule as I am backing it 100% but having a mandatory rule that you be connected to DayZRP TS while you are playing on the servers will deter people from even playing as people don't really like being told what to do.

SweetJoe    389

It has come to my attention in the last few days that many of the new people in the community are not on the DayZRP TS. This has caused us on several occasions to have to get the to connect to our TS during hostage negotiations. Sometime this takes a few second, sometime it takes much longer, and it kills the flow of the RP. 

I am suggesting that if you are going to be playing on the DayZ Standalone DayZRP server, you should also be, at the very least, connected to the DayZRP TS server. If I need to deliver demands, particularly complicated ones, or if I want to have a conversation with the hostages friends and RP with them, I should be able to do so with limited inconvenience for all parties involved. The only limiter I see is the lack of slots on the TS server, and the lack of rooms, both solved easily I hope. I do not wish to limit people's freedom, and you wouldn't need to speak on our server, but you would need to be connected. 

I wish to gauge the community's opinion on this. Please vote in the poll above and make points either for or against below as comments.

Although I can whole heartedly agree with you on your reasoning, and despite the fact that I Usually am connected to Ts while I play, I believe that if someone wishes to chose not to use the teamspeak service, than that should be fine.  People should want to use the Services provided, not be stressed over a punishment for not using it.

Difficulties in communication occur in reality, this is frustrating, its true.  Sometimes this can be the reason stand-off, or hostage situations, last for as long as they do, sometimes upwards of a day or more.  Just roll with it and do you best.  <3 good luck to us all.

Otter    127

You can easily have your hostage speak to their group members for you... I personally am not always on TS when I RP... I find people speak OOC too much and I don't even have a group I play with to deal with negotiations...

Most people who are in groups (which will be the only ones that you will be able to have hostage negotiation RP with) will be on teamspeak anyway...

There are times where you have to give complicated demands or wish to RP with their group mates and you can't have a full conversation through the hostage, it makes them nothing more than a go between and they could miss out on some good RP. 

I disagree with you on your third point, on at least three occasions in the last week there have been big groups of new people that are playing together but not connected.

Ramon    360

Then everybody needs also to put their '' character names '' behind their forum names..

Otherwise it has no point to be on TS, because you dont know their character name...

Or am I totally wrong now?

So I will vote no on this point.

Oliv    1879

I would prefer to not shoot my hostages for someone elses fuckups. And about forcing people, there are many other types of roleplay ones, particularly Arma 3 servers that make TS mandatory. It is in fact enforceable, If I get into a situation where I need to negotiate, and no one is in our TS it should be a reportable offence.

In the past I've supported the idea, I was just stating what has been brought up before.

I do agree with most of what you've said, but you can't be blamed for their not being on TS. There is a cause and effect if you aren't available to safely negioate for your friends life.

Otter    127

I like this idea you have here Otter but this has been brought up many times and its like beating a dead horse. You can't really enforce it. I really wish there is a way to enforce this rule as I am backing it 100% but having a mandatory rule that you be connected to DayZRP TS while you are playing on the servers will deter people from even playing as people don't really like being told what to do.

Being connected to the TS is a very simple thing, incredibly so. There is no reasonable explanation for not being able to connect. If people do not like following the rules and can not even bring themselves to be at least connected, are they the types of people we want here? If the rules about hostage taking and negotiations require the delivery of demands, isn't it logical to make sure this communication is protected under the rules?

Brodie    43

I agree and I disagree with you Maple, like, I know most people roll around alone, and if you're in a group you'd mostly be in TS, but unfortunately, nowadays, that isn't really the case, due to sooo many new people coming in, they might use their own TS ect. I've seen people, in actual groups on DayzRP, hop on their own Teamspeaks, while they'd be in-game. 

Now, I find it understandable that most Teamspeak chatter is OOC, but you can simply find a room with your mates, and state that the room is IC and if anyone joins, then go to OOC and tell them this channel is IC, ect ect. 

When it comes to negotiations, and dealing with like, stuff that went down in-game that people would like to discuss to solve the issues, it makes it sooo much easier for the people to be on Teamspeak, because then the people are easily contacted. 

So, IMO I think this is a good idea, as it would solve alot of shit, so , good idea Otter, even if this has been suggested before, I hope it works out this time.

Otter    127

Then everybody needs also to put their  '' character names '' behind their forum names..

Otherwise it has no point to be on TS, because you dont know their character name...

The hostage can be told your OOC name, or what room to meet in, this has always worked in the past.

MapleMooses    0

There are times where you have to give complicated demands or wish to RP with their group mates and you can't have a full conversation through the hostage, it makes them nothing more than a go between and they could miss out on some good RP. 

I disagree with you on your third point, on at least three occasions in the last week there have been big groups of new people that are playing together but not connected.

Fair enough on that last part.

I just think if people want to RP that they don't have radios (TS), that should be fine, and they don't have to go on TS.

Otter    127

But the consequences of not being able to negotiate do not fall on the hostage, it falls on the people taking him. If his friends take ten minutes to come talk to us, that's ten more minutes of them shooting at us or anything like that. I cannot verify that the demands have been made most of the time. I have had hostages tell me they told their mates, and when we actually spoke they had no idea terms had been made.

MapleMooses    0

-snip-

I agree and I disagree with you Maple, like, I know most people roll around alone, and if you're in a group you'd mostly be in TS, but unfortunately, nowadays, that isn't really the case, due to sooo many new people coming in, they might use their own TS ect. I've seen people, in actual groups on DayzRP, hop on their own Teamspeaks, while they'd be in-game. 

Now, I find it understandable that most Teamspeak chatter is OOC, but you can simply find a room with your mates, and state that the room is IC and if anyone joins, then go to OOC and tell them this channel is IC, ect ect. 

When it comes to negotiations, and dealing with like, stuff that went down in-game that people would like to discuss to solve the issues, it makes it sooo much easier for the people to be on Teamspeak, because then the people are easily contacted. 

So, IMO I think this is a good idea, as it would solve alot of shit, so , good idea Otter, even if this has been suggested before, I hope it works out this time.

I understand where you're comming from.

Even when I'm just with my friends.. the OOC gets annoying. I'm not going to tell them what to do, so I just leave TS. I think it should be OPTIONAL (like it is now). You can ask them if they want to do it on TS, and if they say no.. well tough luck.

Brodie    43

I just think if people want to RP that they don't have radios (TS), that should be fine, and they don't have to go on TS.

That's not really the point here............

DickSlide    250

-

So lets say this rule was implemented in, what staff rank would handle this rule? The staff team is already bogged down in whitelistes/reports etc. This rule would be extremely hard to manage.

Otter    127

I fully agree on the no radio point.

Ramon    360

Then everybody needs also to put their  '' character names '' behind their forum names..

The hostage can be told your OOC name, or what room to meet in, this has always worked in the past.

Thats true... But I still dont really like the idea... Sorry

Brodie    43

I understand where you're comming from.

Even when I'm just with my friends.. the OOC gets annoying. I'm not going to tell them what to do, so I just leave TS. I think it should be OPTIONAL (like it is now). You can ask them if they want to do it on TS, and if they say no.. well tough luck.

There's always a mute sound button.

-

So lets say this rule was implemented in, what staff rank would handle this rule? The staff team is already bogged down in whitelistes/reports etc. This rule would be extremely hard to manage.

I agree with DarkSide here.

Otter    127

-

It would be handled by the GM's like all other IG rulebreaks. I understand that there is already a bunch of work for the GM's but they are working through their workload at an appropriate pace and I don't believe this rule would add that much more. If it was a rule I don't believe that many would break it considering it is so simple.

MapleMooses    0

Well it is.. Sorry I'm awful at wording shit sometimes.

I just don't agree with forcing everyone on the server to be on TS.

-

-

It would be handled by the GM's like all other IG rulebreaks. I understand that there is already a bunch of work for the GM's but they are working through their workload at an appropriate pace and I don't believe this rule would add that much more. If it was a rule I don't believe that many would break it considering it is so simple.

So are they going to check all 5 servers, match the UID's with usernames on the website, then match them with the ones on TS?

Otter    127

MapleMooses

-snip-

God no, I am suggesting it is handled like any other rule break, through reports. Staff does not go around and look for rulebreakers, they handle them when they get reported.

Brodie    43

Well it is.. Sorry I'm awful at wording shit sometimes.

I just don't agree with forcing everyone on the server to be on TS.

Well, the point is, it'd make it easier to communicate and deal with issues ect, that's what I'm trying to get at, I'm not trying to say whether a person decides to have a radio ICly or not, if something happens IG and they're involved, well then, they might be needed on TS to dicuss the issue, yano?

Keeping in mind, that this being separate from the whole reporting thing ect.