Stradic

Long Service Ban

Long Service Ban  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Long Service Ban

• Yes
    • No

Stradic    286

So I am going to throw this suggestion out there after a recent change with perma banned players coming back into the community. Now I know members in the community are somewhat divided on this decision which I hope this suggestion will be a somewhat compromise.

What I am proposing is that should a player reach the max amount of points that rather than being instantly perma banned they are hit with a long service ban. The long service ban would have the same effect of a perma ban in which they cannot go in game or post on the forums within a timeframe of 3 to 6 months.

After the long service ban has expired the individual then posts a ban appeal to be allowed back into the community but is put on a final warning.

It is with hoping that within that timeframe away from the community the individual will have had time to reflect on what it is they did wrong and then work on improving themselves to avoid getting themselves perma.

I would like to add that this would only apply depending on what rules they have broken. Things like rape or anything to that level I agree should be met with an instant perma with no chance of an appeal.

Zero    452

I'm unfortunately going to have to disagree with this, if members reach the point of a permanent ban, then they aren't really learning their lesson if they keep doing repeat offenses. The thirty point system is sufficient in my opinion.

Cow    0

Personally I like the idea but at the same time people who get perm'd tend to wait that amount of time or more before they make an appeal if it is not instantly after the perm.

I'll vote yes because this can be discussed at the very least.

Autumn    127

I'm sorry but I can't really agree with this just from the standpoint that if someone fails to improve their actions, the consequences should indeed be dire. I don't feel like suspending someone for a few months will cause them to improve their behavior. It puts them in a position of respite and rest before they could do it again. 

I feel the system we have in-place is very lenient as is. Some perma-banned players have been brought back on final warning before this mass un-banning and have made strides in the right direction, others have not. 

Sorry Stradic, it's a nah from me.

The Marshal    353

I like to think I tend to favor the 'one last chance' thing, and after a good amount of time somebody can try again. Honestly, it's not for EVERY perma, but for some people that can get their act together...

+1

kody311    3

Im leaning both yes and no, I guess it has to depend on what they were banned for. Depends on what each individual has done, and what they were banned for. So its a defiantly maybe from me.

Melvin    84

For the first permanent ban, yes. A period of 6 months to reflect before being allowed a ban appeal. At the end of the day, it is still at the discretion of the admins to allow them back.

+1

Cid    333

I agree with Zero, if people are reaching to the point of a "permanent" ban they probably aren't learning their lessons, are they? Besides, getting banned almost seems like a joke today, no need to make bans even more soft.

Asriel    0

Honestly, that "long service ban" is extremely similar to an actual perma-ban. I'd keep the perma-ban because they can still do all the same, just with no automatic chance of unban after a certain amount of time.

We have the warning threshold for a reason, after all.

Yoshi    61

This whole thing does't need implementation in my opinion.

Why?

Because if you screw up badly enough to receive a permanent ban, then you should be allowed an appeal, but nothing more. The only reason I can see the pardons having been made is for publicity's sake, to be honest. We have a huge influx of new people, due to growing popularity from a successful public relations campaign, and we are attempting to allow these people to mingle in once again because of this. There are people out there who definitely deserved the pardon and I'm glad they're back, but there are others I disagree with, and others I'm sad to hear have been denied. I'm not saying this because I have personal feelings towards those who have been banned, but because I've seen why these people were banned. I've been on the other side of the curtain and I know what it is they were removed from the community for initially.

A lot of these people may truly regret what they had done, and deserve a second chance, whereas the others do not. Implementing such a policy would mean that people would do whatever they want, get their ban, and then just wait for their timer to run out before rejoining the community to do the same thing all over again. This is something that no one expected, and I think is a good thing, having happened this way. I do not, however, believe that we should add in a new policy that would only make people feel more comfortable with pushing the line, knowing they could come back after a certain cooldown. Exceptions can always be made, and this is typically what appeals are for. Everyone gets an appeal. It may be denied, yes, but everyone gets one. Whether or not they truly weigh in the consequence of what they've done, along with the severity of their action, determines whether or not they will enter the community once again. A timer should not outweigh true remorse and reform.

Nolan    0

Yeah, as others have said above, once you've reached the point of a permanent ban you really should have very little chance of coming back.

In almost most cases receiving a permanent ban indicates a total lack of regard for the community and/or server rules of DayZRP, and often it isn't even enough of a deterrent. In my opinion, offering a more lenient option to those who flagrantly disregard the rules will do more harm to this community than good.

-1 from me.

Fluffles    21

-1 If people get as far as to get a permanent ban it only means that they failed to learn from their previous mistakes. They get more than enough chances to redeem themselves up to the point they're actually being perma-banned. No from me.

~ Fluffles

Rolle    2938

We only remove permanent bans on rare occasions, most of the time the permanent ban stays indefinitely. So I'd say this isn't needed. If we think someone deserve another chance after being permabanned, we'll unban them. We shouldn't be "forced" to have to bring someone back who has been permabanned after 6 months or so.

Charlo    0

-Snip-

Have to agree with Rolle here, people are permanently banned for a reason. They obviously didn't respect the community rules, however I do believe on certain occasions people should be let back in. And this time the people Rolle has let back seems to be a good bunch so far :)

Connvexus    36

Not to flame but I have seen people that have said in other threads people who have gotten unperma-banned was the right thing to do and they should be given another chance, yet in this thread they are saying being perma-banned should be final?

>what

But in my opinion if people are gonna get unbanned from being perma-ed, then what difference does it make banning them for 6 months compared to getting perma-banned and then 6 months later giving them another chance?

Just my opinion lovelies <3

I think the people who voted yes to this 'long service ban' never do banditry :P

Yoshi    61

-snip-

Pretty much what I wanted to say in a nutshell.

I think the people who voted yes to this 'long service ban' never do banditry :P

What exactly do you mean?  I'm a little confused since I don't do banditry, yet I'm solidly against this.

I would think that those against banditry would say no, since a lot of the disregard for rules comes from the need to bandit, meaning that someone who doesn't bandit wouldn't want the banned person to come back.

What exactly do you mean?  I'm a little confused since I don't do banditry, yet I'm solidly against this.

Because overall in all the years I played I would guess statistically if you had 2 persons who are great at roleplay, but one is a bandit and one is a hero/ non-bandit, the bandit would get overall more warning points stacked up due to getting involved in more reports. With this rule suggested, the bandit would then eventually get a long cooldown of 3-6 months faster than one who isn't a bandit.

Yoshi    61

Because overall in all the years I played I would guess statistically if you had 2 persons who are great at roleplay, but one is a bandit and one is a hero/ non-bandit, the bandit would get overall more warning points stacked up due to getting involved in more reports. With this rule suggested, the bandit would then eventually get a long cooldown of 3-6 months faster than one who isn't a bandit.

Yeah, so... Wouldn't the bandit be the one likely to be the majority saying yes? God, geez, are we, like, even on the same page? I feel like we're saying the same thing and getting two different answers. >.<

Yeah, so... Wouldn't the bandit be the one likely to be the majority saying yes? God, geez, are we, like, even on the same page? I feel like we're saying the same thing and getting two different answers. >.<

i think bandits prefer not to have the long term ban suggestion.. But if we are on the same page, great!

Yoshi    61

i think bandits prefer not to have the long term ban suggestion.. But if we are on the same page, great!

But doesn't that mean they would then be voting against being unable to come back? I wouldn't vote against a guaranteed timer for me being able to come back.