Server time: 2017-10-16, 22:15
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
McDugals

Group Idea, but thought I would ask first!

Question

McDugals    39

Hello! It's been sometime since I checked up on the lore and I thought asking here would suffice. Would a group of military personnel preferably the Marines(but could change if need be) tasked with killing and one day exterminating the zombies be an acceptable group? Now I'm aware that it's been 600 days since the infection but could this be a group that could be accepted if done right?

6 answers to this question

Zero    451

Hello! It's been sometime since I checked up on the lore and I thought asking here would suffice. Would a group of military personnel preferably the Marines(but could change if need be) tasked with killing and one day exterminating the zombies be an acceptable group? Now I'm aware that it's been 600 days since the infection but could this be a group that could be accepted if done right?

Typically military groups are not approved, especially this far into the infection. However, I have seen various ones being approved as long as they didn't portray themselves as cliche super soldiers. I would also like to note, the loremasters typically like groups more if they are established through IC interactions and events, rather then just coming out of the blue. I would suggest perhaps not even using an outside military force and use one of the various CDF units and have them remnants, you could even make radio broadcasts asking for any previous military to regroup, then go from there. 

The lore states that no U.S. forces were even present within Chernarus, the only ones there were U.N. peacekeepers and they were pulled out rather quickly.

Autumn    127

It would be odd for a group of U.S Marines to still be organized a year and a half in (As you said they would be re-organizing I get that). But as the person above stated, the only forces that were present in Chernarus were U.N peacekeepers. Which, as a group, has since been scattered to the wind, labeled deserters (As if that means anything) or simply became a common survivors/bandits. 

I believe what Loremasters want to avoid is the 'special snowflake' syndrome with special forces groups and military groups being organized this far into the apocalypse. While in my opinion it's alright if you want to build a mish-mash, ragtag unit of half-descent military soldiers and submit a group idea. I think it'd be best to have a good story reason and to play it out IC first before you take it to the forums and consider making a thread. 

If this group is meant to be a sturdy house, one must first start with the foundations and framework.

Dishes    159

As Autumn and Zero said, normally military groups, especially this far into the outbreak, typically are not approved. Also keep in mind, as stated, that the US was actually never deployed in Chernarus. As said, it's best to gather a group together ICly because it can build a much stronger backstory due to it actually being Role Played out. So all in all, you could try and make a military group like that, but you would really be better off with a group put together with some "rag-tag soldiers" after the outbreak. Avoiding being "super soldiers" is key though.

Has this answered your question?

McDugals    39

Yes this answers my question, thank you so much guys were taking the time to help me out with this! This can be marked as solved!