Server time: 2017-08-20, 17:28

Sign in to follow this  
winterblade

Group of UN deserters

Question

winterblade    3

Would a single or perhaps a small group of UN deserters be appropriate with the right fluff or would it have been impossible to escape before the murderous riots?

8 answers to this question

Boston    648

You are allowed to roleplay whatever you like, aslong as it isn't trolly or unrealistic. I'd say the likelihood of there being UN Deserters are considerable, just be aware that not everyone is a fan of military roleplay. It's been done countless times before.

I'd say if you wanna do it, do it. :D

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

winterblade    3

You are allowed to roleplay whatever you like, aslong as it isn't trolly or unrealistic. I'd say the likelihood of there being UN Deserters are considerable, just be aware that not everyone is a fan of military roleplay. It's been done countless times before.

Ok cool, Thanks.

Boston    648

Ok cool, Thanks.

Any time.

/solved

Aiko    578

I dont see a problem with you playing UN deserters, but dont forget to research up on the UN a bit before trying to do that. Some people know quiet a bit of UN history and terms, so if you run into said person. It might be awkward if you dont have your backstory and things straight. Right off the bat. Some of us older members will try and forgive that, and even send a helpful PM. But I really enjoy rpers who know their stuff :3

Melvin    84

On the contrary, there has been mad history with this community and the UN. Be sure you know what you are getting into, and check with the loremasters. Otherwise, old enemies of the UN will be hostile towards you guys.

Would a single or perhaps a small group of UN deserters be appropriate with the right fluff or would it have been impossible to escape before the murderous riots?

Sure, but you have to remember we're 600 days into this apocalypse, many may not hold to their former organizations or military.  The riots were for supplies, they weren't really angered by the UN, they wanted their supplies not the people.

As others have stated above, it would be fine to play a group of UN deserters. However, it would be wise to revise the Lore and make a note of the UN's role during the outbreak, and to also research your character's backstories well. Additionally, as Post has mentioned, after 600 days of the apocalypse you likely wouldn't have much of an attachment or be particularly loyal to the UN.

With the above said, I will /solve this question. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact a community helper.

winterblade    3

I wasn't really thinking about a group of deserters still devoted to the UN, I was thinking more along the lines of character origins as it would give a rather easy and lore friendly in for foreign characters. The group idea is an in the air thing as well, like i just said it would be an in for any foreign characters if anyone wants to use it. And if a merc groups is organized out of it. all the better.