Server time: 2017-10-22, 11:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Donations

Hey

Im relatively new here (don't no if this has been asked before kinda of looked though the "search") but my question is in the forms of donations.

Ive been on the server for about a Week or Two and ive noticed that theirs a lot of great RP'ers but with how good it is always comes a little bad.

I think I speak for everyone that 5 servers all full is amazing! Congrats to the Staff and Admins for that.

I read somewhere on the White list Closed Thread that it was only closed to non-premium members which is awesome this would limit the amount of people. Plus if they really want to play on Dayzrp they will donate that small 1 time fee.

basically im asking what is the White list procedure going forward

Suggestions:

Once the servers die down a little after a few weeks, don't open white-listing back up but allow the applications prior to the closing allowed to get processed if they haven't already, and process any legit ban appeals.

Depending on how things go after leave Donation only (at least for awhile) would make the community a lot more tight knitted, also increase little more fear into people so they actually follow the rules instead of metagaming, powergaming or just straight up gear rp'ing. As loosing $5 euro + the chance of being blacklisting would be a huge let down to someone would really make them think twice. (only holds true to new players more or less)

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be cool.

Please dont rip me apart to bad hehee im still new

Plus was wonder if there were gonna be any other perks such as Reserved Slots, (with the way servers are now id pay for it), just be speaking but after $5 theirs no real perks if you know what im saying.

Boston    780

If I'm understanding your question, then the answer is that once the traffic slows down a nit, then whitelisting will be opened back up.

As for your suggestion, perhaps post a thread in suggestions and see what people think? :)

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sofie    0

This will probably be moved to suggestions soon when your question have been answered. So I will just post my view:

I think it's very wrong only to accept those who donate to the community. I like the way it is that people donate when they want and that staff work because they want to, not because they get paid.

Mamba    0

This will probably be moved to suggestions soon so I will just point my view:

I think it's very wrong only to accept those who pay into the community. I like the way it is that people donate when they want and that staff work because they want to, not because they get paid.

The white-list is closed to non premium members only, this is not a forever thing, just a temporary thing to allow the admins to catch their breath. When you have hundreds of whitelists coming in everyday and only 5 people to do them for x amount of days straight you need to step back or your brain will feel like it is made of cheese.

Aiko    649

I like the idea of a server for simply the people who donate, which would help with some of the older members who wish to have a break from the new members of the community. But Yeah, this would be better in Suggestion thread. So people can discus and give their opinion on it. ^_^

Melvin    84

Nah. Sorry. There are people in this community, immensely great roleplayers who haven't donated a penny and it will be unfair if they can't roleplay because a few lads who donated could get in first.

In my answer to your question, the whitelist will be opening shortly as many mentioned above!

@Melvin

My Suggestion was more less for future appilicants not forcing the people who have been here or already whitelisted for example I donate because I know it costs money to run a server, this server provides me with entertainment hence why i donate.

But what i was trying to say this make the Community alot harder to get into the future going forward, clearly dayzrp has the appilicants and the community (5 servers being full)

Basically making more permanent that for now non-premium members cant whitelist until the server ques die down, or least give us a option for reserved slots or like Aiko said giving Donators there Own Personal Server (which is an awesome IDEA)

JimRP    172

The way I see it people who donate will be much more careful with their moves after they join.

But that's probably only the way I see it.

^^ 100% Agree

The People u dont have to worry about are the Old school dayzrp community its the new wave of people, esp. now if they really wanted to join there gonna have to donate anyway for now. So basically in theory this is already in effect

MapleMooses    0

The way I see it people who donate will be much more careful with their moves after they join.

I've seen HOF's (along with other donator ranks) get banned pretty often.

JimRP    172

We're talking about people who are new and are trying to whitelist.

MapleMooses    0

We're talking about people who are new and are trying to whitelist.

I know that, I was just making a point.

all and all it couldnt be a bad thing basically adding another barrier to go though because lets be honest there was over 24000 appilications in the last week 80% were denied thats means 20% got though but lets be honest here how many of that 20% have got reported or banned.

Adding Donations to new players would only filter out the bad players even more so.

Melvin    84

@Melvin

My Suggestion was more less for future appilicants not forcing the people who have been here or already whitelisted for example I donate because I know it costs money to run a server, this server provides me with entertainment hence why i donate.

But what i was trying to say this make the Community alot harder to get into the future going forward, clearly dayzrp has the appilicants and the community (5 servers being full)

Basically making more permanent that for now non-premium members cant whitelist until the server ques die down, or least give us a option for reserved slots or like Aiko said giving Donators there Own Personal Server (which is an awesome IDEA)

You have to quote in order to be in the alerts. ;)

Answering your question, 80 percent of applications have been rejected and I believe for now, that's a good enough benchmark. Even for me, some of the multiple choice questions require me to read over the rules again so that's that.

5 servers being full is absolutely great but it is not confirmed that the surge in activities is here to stay. What if in 0.62, many people lost interest?

Still, great suggestion! 

@Melvin

Answering your question, 80 percent of applications have been rejected and I believe for now, that's a good enough benchmark. Even for me, some of the multiple choice questions require me to read over the rules again so that's that.

5 servers being full is absolutely great but it is not confirmed that the surge in activities is here to stay. What if in 0.62, many people lost interest?

Still, great suggestion! 

Yea i agree i was thinking for the foreseeable future who knows .61 and .62 could bring even more people or could make everyone leave

time will time i guess.

But i just wanted to throw it out there maybe even spread the word about something like this in the future to the admins (im sure they have discussed this in some shape or form).

JimRP    172

@Melvin

Still, great suggestion! 

Adding on what you said, donors are still people like people who don't donate. Separating them is something that would simply be horrendous. 

Having the right to apply while non-donors  can't is already enough.

considering were getting 3 servers taken away due to influx of reports and bad players, this still wouldnt be a bad suggestion

Fluffles    21

-1 not all people are capable of donating, people shouldn't feel pushed to do so.

I get where you're coming from, but that would mean that people who just can't donate for whatever reason will be prevented from playing.

It's not because you don't/can't donate that you should automatically be classified a 'bad player' without even getting the chance to join the community.

As for the idea of creating a server just for premium players: the other ones would go to sh*t because all premiums would naturally play on their own server and the 'normal' servers would be a combination of your so-called bad players and people who haven't donated. To give you an example: that would mean that the members of my group would be playing on the premium server and I - as I haven't donated - would be prevented from playing with my friends and would be doomed to play on my own on a shitty server filled with trolls. Yes, it would possibly filter the bad players, but you would also prevent experienced rp'ers that have been in this community for an equally long time as a lot of premium users from playing whatsoever.

~ Fluffles

What would stop you and your friends regardless if you donated to play on a Non Premium Server just saying, and right now with 3 servers being shut down, your going to be sitting there spamming the Connect button to "maybe" play with your friends. just saying 1 out of 4 servers being a RP Safe Haven for people who donate (Yes i donate i know what the word means, i donated because this community is giving back to me an experience i wont get anywhere else) and i understand people cant afford to donate thats fine, but still shouldnt restrict how you play. In all honestly we could say yes having 1 Premium Server would filter the "bad rpers" and the bandits to the non-premium well isnt that better then having 5 servers causing a huge Influx of reports, unwanted players, so on and so forth. I wouldnt mind having the sound mind that if i log on to a server 99.9% of the time its gonna be a great time! (not saying my time here hasnt been great) just a suggestion and by what ive been reading on the forums not the only one with the same idea

Fluffles    21

-snip-

The idea would divide our community and that will be my last say on this matter. I will pray to the God of Dayz for this idea to never be realised. But that's just my humble opinion.

I rest my case.

~ Fluffles

RedSky    123

As much as I see and understand where you are going there is holes in your ideas. Please allow me to point out these beautiful and wonderful points for you.

back in 0.59 when only the hardcore RP'ers where still around at the end of the patch we actually only needed 1 server realisticly. We kept two of them anyway just-in-case. Most people who played were brilliant RP'ers and had all donated. Most of these RP'ers were taught by previous generations of dayzRP players how to elevate themselfs to a beautiful place of RP. And everything was nice.

Now all of these people were once bad RP'ers. "EVERYBODY" at one point is a badrp'er and learning to become better is a trait that gets passed on from person to person to person.

So lets pitch forward the idea of a "Premium 60 slot server". Great now all the good rp'ers are together and you know what? The RP there is fantastic and everybody is happy. but on the other hand. We wont keep out the wave of badRP'ers they will simply donate and join to play with their favourite youtubers. And nothing would change at all, except for one thing.

All of the poor people that havent donated are now stuck with eachother, those intrested in the entirety of DayzRP but cant affort to join that server are now left with other people wich most of them still having to learn RP. All you are going to be doing is denying people the chance to learn RP. and Divide this community in even bigger chuncks than it already is.

The word I can no longer write due to it being changed to bambi V. Veteran community members V. Staff

And nothing will change in the end. Except that the server ruins itself.

this idea is posted too quickly with out thinking of what could eventually follow. I understand why you suggest it but it wont work.

The greatest example and yes bear with me is RuneScape. PtP servers V Free servers. Nobody had any reason at all to go back to those free servers and it left that entire community divided, it forced people in to membership and eventually the payed version was more popular than the free version.

The same thing will happen to DayzRP if this idea goes trough.

PS. This entire community already is one big peer pressure fest to donate wich is already bad. Thats why the insult that is now changed in to Bambi got created in the first place. And it is sad, very very sad.

Kerkkoh    49

I wouldn't say that charging a fee for players to play on the server is a good idea. Yes, it will indeed make players value them being in the community and might decrease the number of reports but it overall feels like a bad idea to make the community exclusive to people who can pay to play.

Thumper    0

With every whitelist wave, people will come and go. We will reap the benefits of the good ones and enjoy them in the community. The bad will simply disappear one way or another. It's the job of the veterans to show new people, who are not used to serious roleplay, how to roleplay. I dont mean taking them aside and explaining how things work. I'm not a babysitter. I mean to show them through our own roleplay. Separation is never a good idea.

Cow    0

With every whitelist wave, people will come and go. We will reap the benefits of the good ones and enjoy them in the community. The bad will simply disappear one way or another. It's the job of the veterans to show new people, who are not used to serious roleplay, how to roleplay. I dont mean taking them aside and explaining how things work. I'm not a babysitter. I mean to show them through our own roleplay. Separation is never a good idea.

Like Thumper said, people come and go and it's up to us to set the example for the newer players in the community, an example of what not to see are the oodles of whining threads over newer people and their RP not being up to the "standard" of some people.

Having a "Premium Server" will just end up segregating the community in to have and have not and only breed more unwanted RP Elitism.

Hebi Kotei    350

The only time you should consider putting a paywall up is when you have active developers working on a project and you need to pay those developers (There are communities which do this on ArmA), a premium only server will segregate the community further which we do not need at this point in time.