Server time: 2017-10-19, 23:41
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

When to excute

Question

Vulcan    0

Hey there,

So if I have a guy captive, can I just excute him in the end even if he complied? Also I got confused by the rules a bit, do I only get the chance to excute one person only, and if there is another I cannot excute him unless I get someone else to do it?

Also just want to make sure, if I don't interact with a guy at all, and then see him, can I just run up to him and say hands up or die?

6 answers to this question

Boston    772

Hey there,

So if I have a guy captive, can I just excute him in the end even if he complied? Also I got confused by the rules a bit, do I only get the chance to excute one person only, and if there is another I cannot excute him unless I get someone else to do it?

Also just want to make sure, if I don't interact with a guy at all, and then see him, can I just run up to him and say hands up or die?

No, you cannot execute unless to have execution rights. You gain execution rights by having several hostile encounters with the person/group of people beforehand. It's a bit of a gray area, but generally you'll know when you have rights. You can also execute someone if you are within your two hours of KoS Rights, but be careful, it might be ruleplay. It's generally better to let them go to continue the RP Story. You can also ask for permission to execute.

You can execute anyone as long as you have the proper rights to do so.

Generally it is a good idea to interact before initiating just to further the RP a bit more, but it's up to you. Sometimes it's a bit dangerous to interact first, or just not a good idea, so people initiate first before interacting.

If you have further questions, let us know. :)

Aiko    647

As Boston has mentioned, you need execution rights to be able to even kill them. You can kill them if they aren't complying, but its best to try and further the rp by being patient with the hostage. Give them good rp, tell them why you are robbing them. Dont try for the kills right off the bat, its so much more fun to let it progress.

Here is a guide that can help you along the way. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Echo-guide-to-hostile-RP Its very good guide, and will help with a lot of questions you might have in the future.

Sofie    0

Keep in mind that when you take this man captive he will get KOS rights on you. Meaning that if you let him go he is allowed to come back and seek for revenge, if he then does anything hostile to you, you also gain KOS rights. I understand your confusion since it's a bit chaotic. Just always try and make the best possible roleplay out of it. Executing someone without a valid reason is often also bad roleplay as well as a rule break.

Dishes    159

If your hostage is being compliant then you cannot execute them unless they agree to it OOCly. You may however gain execution rights if you were to have had several hostile encounters with them in the past and have a reason to execute them. If there are multiple hostages who are not being compliant you are allowed to execute them, and just remember executing them ends all Role Play, as in you cannot hold the fact you executed them against them if you were to run into them again in the future. Always remember, you should only use execution as a last result when you feel you can no longer provide any more Role Play with them, and remember that when executing someone it voids all their memory of the event of you capturing them because of the New Life Rule.

Now you can technically run up to someone and hold them up, but you must give them Role Play while doing so, you cannot just hold them up, take their stuff and run.

Does this answer your question?