Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:19

Sign in to follow this  
vinceiam

Some questions about getting robbed and robbing

Question

vinceiam    0

Hi all! I'm fairly new here and I have some clarifying questions about the RP of Robbing. Now, in the days I have been on the server I have robbed maybe once or twice. On every instance I have had a gun on me, maybe even in my hands. Am I allowed to open fire, if someone attempts to rob me? I could imagine a scenario where I have my gun pulled out and I get a gunpoint on either one of them and I open fire, because they say to drop my gun and so on. 

I hope this will help others in the same situation :)

14 answers to this question

You have to value your life.. it's something you gotta be careful about.

If you're alone, and there's more than one person aiming a weapon at you, then I don't think it's a good idea.

If it's one other guy... then maybe.. You have to REALLY be sure you have a chance.. Valuing your life is apart of the rules.

It really depends on the situation.

CorbSlayer    33

If they initiate on you (tell you to surrender, put your hands up, etc.) You may retaliate by either escaping or fighting your way out. Keep in mind that you don't NVFL. If the odds are 100% against you (you are totally surrounded) you basically must comply, because you must value your character's life. Any questions?

Appelgi    0

So, what if there is one person robbing you, and he is demanding your weapon, could you draw your pistol for example, after you dropped your gun?

Blu    21

Firstly they must initiate on you E.g "Put your fucking hands up!'. This then gives you KOS rights on him/her but if you just shoot him/her then and there you will probably be found guilty of rule play. I would try and Rp it out by complying but then speaking to your robber and try to find more information on him/her than can help you find them again. Secondly it all depends on the current situation for example if there are 5 people initiating on only you it would be NVFL to try and fight as you wouldn't have much of a chance.

Eagle    343

if it is a 1v1 and you have your gun in hand it could be tricky but if you get the upper hand with a distraction or anything like that then sure open fire if you think you can pull it off,but if it's a group of let's say 3 on 1 then no, don't even bother you would be gunned down in the first seconds of firing, better to just let the situation pan out and keep those KOS rights in your pocket, and use them when time comes.

So, what if there is one person robbing you, and he is demanding your weapon, could you draw your pistol for example, after you dropped your gun?

that could be done but like I said above, it all depends on the situation like if they forget to take your gun or are in any way distracted and you're sure you can kill him before anything will happen to you then sure go for it.

here is a small example of a situational gun fight from where the tables were turned around in my favor.

[video=youtube]

Note:

Get used to the rules before trying any sort of hostile bandit RP, trust me it will work better for you that way .

http://www.dayzrp.com/rules#rule2 read that?

You have to make contact with the target before initiating a hostile action against it. You must make your hostile intention clear and unambiguous and state each demand before you can harm the victim(s) for non-compliance.

[align=justify]You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules.

[align=justify]You may only share KoS rights when you meet both of the following conditions:

• You are within 500 meters of the hostile situation at the time of occurrence
  • You were recently a part of the involved parties group.

Aiko    569

The rules revolving around being robbed and robbing someone can be very complicated, honestly its best to try it out on the side of civilians first. Many people will tell you to do this, so you can hopefully run into people who are good at it. And learn from being robbed yourself. Though if you do wish to just jump into it, its best to look into some guides. I will link a few that will help you out a lot.

This is a guide for hostile roleplay. Giving you a lot of what you need to know, on how to be hostile and robbing in general. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Echo-guide-to-hostile-RP

This one is for rping out torture. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Helena-s-Guide-to-Physical-Torture-Roleplay

Here is one with being taken hostage. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-So-you-ve-been-taken-hostage-a-basic-guide

Honestly there are a lot of good guides, that if some of the new members just read. It would help out their rp, and lessen the reports I am sure.

vinceiam    0

Right so first off, thanks for all the response! Now I have an additional question! If I feel confident in my shot and my abillity to take one or two robbers down, like if one guy has a weapon which is inferior to mine, am I allowed to shoot and kill?

The rules revolving around being robbed and robbing someone can be very complicated, honestly its best to try it out on the side of civilians first. Many people will tell you to do this, so you can hopefully run into people who are good at it. And learn from being robbed yourself. Though if you do wish to just jump into it, its best to look into some guides. I will link a few that will help you out a lot.

This is a guide for hostile roleplay. Giving you a lot of what you need to know, on how to be hostile and robbing in general. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Echo-guide-to-hostile-RP

This one is for rping out torture. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Helena-s-Guide-to-Physical-Torture-Roleplay

Here is one with being taken hostage. http://www.dayzrp.com/t-So-you-ve-been-taken-hostage-a-basic-guide

Honestly there are a lot of good guides, that if some of the new members just read. It would help out their rp, and lessen the reports I am sure.

thanks for that, I will be sure to read through it all :)

Aiko    569

Right so first off, thanks for all the response! Now I have an additional question! If I feel confident in my shot and my abillity to take one or two robbers down, like if one guy has a weapon which is inferior to mine, am I allowed to shoot and kill?

It depends are you meaning just one v one? So the other person has a different gun than you, and its just him than yes I dont see why you cant try and take him out. You always have to keep in mind though, that they could have over watch on you. So keep your eyes open and look around a bit before thinking about that. If its two against one, its a little iffy. If they both have not so good guns, then I say you have a good chance at taking them down. Its happened before, but as the numbers grow from their. And your by yourself I wouldn't risk it really.

vinceiam    0

Alright, thanks! I think I'm gonna go read up on some more things about this :) thanks for the input, everyone!

GreekGodx    119

Since it seems that you have been given the answers needed that apply to your question. I am going to /solve this.

The guides Aiko listed are very helpful and hopefully may give you a better understanding on hostile RP and playing the role of a bandit.

My recommendation is to wait playing the role as bandit and play out someone who may not be hostile. To get a more broader understanding of the various other roles people may play on the server. The bandit role is something that can sometimes be complicated for many.

vinceiam    0

Since it seems that you have been given the answers needed that apply to your question. I am going to /solve this.

The guides Aiko listed are very helpful and hopefully may give you a better understanding on hostile RP and playing the role of a bandit.

My recommendation is to wait playing the role as bandit and play out someone who may not be hostile. To get a more broader understanding of the various other roles people may play on the server. The bandit role is something that can sometimes be complicated for many.

It wasn't so much being a bandit, it is how to RP situations where you are facing bandits and such. But thank you :)

Its a huge grey area despite the answers given. Some people brag about these failed robberies (theres even a thread) whereas some people are saying its "ruleplay" to even attempt to fight or use KOS rights.

Example, you are being robbed by 4 guys, you decide not to comply and kill all 4. You have a juicy pvp video for the failed robberies thread and the lads will all give you beans. GG no ruleplay.

Same situation you draw your gun and attempt to fight but are immediately gunned down - chances are you are reported for NVFL.

Massive grey areas see.

Not that i blame staff, there are only so many situations the rules can realistically cover.

vinceiam    0

Its a huge grey area despite the answers given. Some people brag about these failed robberies (theres even a thread) whereas some people are saying its "ruleplay" to even attempt to fight or use KOS rights.

Example, you are being robbed by 4 guys, you decide not to comply and kill all 4. You have a juicy pvp video for the failed robberies thread and the lads will all give you beans. GG no ruleplay.

Same situation you draw your gun and attempt to fight but are immediately gunned down - chances are you are reported for NVFL.

Massive grey areas see.

Not that i blame staff, there are only so many situations the rules can realistically cover.

One argument I've seen is that if you really were in that situation, being the character that you have created, you might actually take the fight and maybe you would actually win it. In my case, I was attemptively robbed recently, but got out by killing my robbers. It really made me think about the value of my life and their life.

All in all I agree. It seems like a huge grey area.