Server time: 2017-08-24, 10:32

Sign in to follow this  
Kolase

Strangers

Question

Kolase    0

Hello guys, with some friends we are very interested by your community.  As you can see in the title, we are not from an english speaking country and we are asking ourself if it's a problem or not. Our english is not perfect (sorry if I butcher your language) but english is very important and this experience can be a great opporunity to improve it.

Thanks for your answners

9 answers to this question

Boston    651

It is required to read, write, and speak very good English. Based on the writing in this thread, I'd say that you'd be alright.

If you have further questions, let us know. :)

We have lots of foreigners here!! All are welcome - as long as you can communicate in English (which by your post, you don't seem to have a problem with that at all!) you'll be just fine.

Blu    21

As this is primarily and English speaking community you need to at least have a good standard of English to be able to join however, you can speak your language in game to your friends but anything to do with another player will have to be said in English.

Aiko    579

Yeah some of us arent that good at all, yours seems up to par honestly. ^_^ Hope that you do get chance to improve, I had friends who improve by just listening into TS. Asking questions about the language and what not. I am sure not many people would be upset with such questions. We American's have really weird slang so :P Hope this helps ^_^

Emile    98

It is required that you understand and speak English rather well. This is an mainly English speaking community and has been this way for some time. You are allowed to roleplay with a foreign accent and language in game but you must understand what others are saying to you.

With this said and the other answers given, I will mark this as /Solved 

Hebi Kotei    302

If you are uncomfortable speaking in game (You are not the only one, believe me) you can also try text RPing as well until you feel confident to do so.

Terpentino    9

If you are uncomfortable speaking in game (You are not the only one, believe me) you can also try text RPing as well until you feel confident to do so.

^ This

I am danish and in no way perfect at english. My writing skills is better than vocal because I have time to think when writing ;)

Your spoken english does not have to be perfect at all, just understandable. Might just give an extra charm if you are not fluent + with a foreign accent :)

Ghoozovich    263

As stated, it's required to be able to properly communicate in English, and again, based on your post, though short, it seems you will handle yourself (yourselves?) just fine.

I mean, it's already better than what I've heard and read from half the Americans I've met. Yes offence :troll: