Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:55

Sign in to follow this  
theh5

Cars persistent? 'Cause they keep on dissapearing!

Question

theh5    7

Hello, in the last few Days I've found Three cars. Two of which I´'ve hidden. But a few hours after I relogged they where both gone.

So does the server persistence affect cars? Or do they despawn?

I hid at least one completely covered by trees. The only way they could have found it was if they where cheating to see through World items.

13 answers to this question

DarkSide    231

The persistence of cars is still buggy since .60 hit. There was a hot fix for this problem and many others but im not sure if it fixed the problem. They might have gotten stolen.

theh5    7

Probably just got stolen dude

They did not get stolen, sure one might have but the other on was completely hidden by bushes and trees.

DarkSide    231

-

It all depends on where you hid them. People go around looking for bases to raid and what not. And it is a possibility that persistence for vehicles is still buggy.

Aiko    578

I believe it is a bug with .60, I have had the same problem with many cars. The persistence for cars isn't working, they will despawn after just a few hours of not being used. So, best to say you only get to keep them for a day till they despawn.

Hebi Kotei    302

Doesn't stop people from turning down the settings in game to make the trees practically cardboard. Cars are persistent in game and if it goes missing, it just means that you didn't hide it as well as you thought you did, it sucks I know, but that is usually the case.

Edit: Didn't realise there was a bug on the persistence of vehicles.

Aiko    578

Yeah I had a few cars, and I parked them with people who were around still. They left for only maybe a minute and came back it was gone. I am about 90% sure its a bug with their persistence. Because I figured much the same as you, is that the car got stole one time. Only to find it in the exact same spot I repaired it. So its spawn point, and I was like greattt now I have to repair it....again.

Eagle    346

From what I know cars despawn after restarts as the persistence does not work for them atm.

theh5    7

Yeah I had a few cars, and I parked them with people who were around still. They left for only maybe a minute and came back it was gone. I am about 90% sure its a bug with their persistence. Because I figured much the same as you, is that the car got stole one time. Only to find it in the exact same spot I repaired it. So its spawn point, and I was like greattt now I have to repair it....again.

I checked the spawn Point, it wasn't there. Maybe it despawned back to the spawn and somebody found it.

Aiko    578

I checked the spawn Point, it wasn't there. Maybe it despawned back to the spawn and somebody found it.

Yes it could be, but you also have to remember that they dont always spawn in the same place or we would have 1000 cars around. So each type of car has a certain spawn in locations. They with spawn at a random one, so it could have spawned at any of the random locations.

I've had a car hidden for a while and it's still where I left it. Maybe just hide it better ;)