Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:09

Sign in to follow this  
Grant25

Overheating and Hypertheria Fix?

Question

Grant25    0

so as we all know probably, overheating issues seem to be still a thing. ive been laying in a pond, completely naked for 20 minutes and still I am hyperthermic. I have no clue how or what to do to fix this. any suggestions?

Thanks.

12 answers to this question

Kill yourself (Not even joking). It's a summer season bug, so once you get to hyperthermic, there's almost no going back. Honestly though, it's not even that bad, it just takes -20 water per second. Stay hydrated.

Josh    37

I wouldn't advise killing yourself as that would be nvfl, but if this is a current bug then ill ask some of my bug hunter friends on the Dayz official forums.

Dont kill your self though, try to find a doctor in game and rp it out. Even if you do end up dying at least you and someone else will get something out of it rp wise.

I wouldn't advise killing yourself as that would be nvfl, but if this is a current bug then ill ask some of my bug hunter friends on the Dayz official forums.

Dont kill your self though, try to find a doctor in game and rp it out. Even if you do end up dying at least you and someone else will get something out of it rp wise.

Huh? How is killing yourself nvfl? You can kys if its a bug or you want to kill your character.

Ghoozovich    263

Don't kill yourself, it's a message bug. You're completely fine. If anything, you won't feel cold at all. I've been hyperthermic for a week now, and have been running around completely fine. Don't worry about it, carry on.

Josh    37

Huh? How is killing yourself nvfl? You can kys if its a bug or you want to kill your character.

To me saying you can kill yourself because of an unconfirmed bug sounds like a loop hole just waiting to be abused.

You would have to ask current staff about it, i have my own opinions. 

In my eyes if you kill yourself you are breaking the rules, the only time it would be applicable would be for confirmed bugs, as well as roleplay reasons.

But say for ex-sample you kill your self to get a better spawn? I have banned people for that, i think awhile back the staff team came up with an asinine number of times your allowed to do it but you would have to ask them.

I mean, you can kill yourself, just don't let anyone see

Krackerman    17

I mean, you can kill yourself, just don't let anyone see

Or find someone and beg them to put you out of your misery - mercy killing type of thing....  Practically a public service in the apocalypse...

Keira    1044

Overheating is done on purpose this patch because the temperature change has been set for summer time.

There isn't any negative effects to being hyperthermic besides you burn through water faster. I had the same problem recently with my ghillie suit and it being the summer season you get hot, fast. Drink lots, and cool down in ponds.

Phoenix    1056

/moved to questions

Autumn    121

My advise. Bathe. I always get my char cooled back down before I log so I dont burn through my resources faster than I can pick them up. So toss your clothes in your bag and 'bathe' in a stream.

Para    192

The answers above will likely fix your problem however we don't recommend you kill yourself as it's a risk.

I wouldn't wear any facemask etc as it can heat you up a lot this patch.

With that said, /Solved.