Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:21
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Gremlinco

Vsync not working with 144hz monitor

Question

Gremlinco    2

As the title says I have a 144hz monitor and with vsync on the game tries to lock my fps at 144hz. I have an Asus strix gtx 980 so I can get 144hz when in the middle of no where, but not constantly, and I just want a solid 60 fps. I tried looking at the dayz.cfg and it says my vsync is on, and that the refresh should lock at 60.

I checked nvidia control panel and it only allows for the program to control the vsync, and as the game tries to lock it at 144hz I didn't get much help there.

So far my only solution has been to unplug my monitors DVI, then plug in my HDMI and open the game, forcing the game to think I am using a HDMI which is locked at 60 fps. This works but it's annoying that everytime I want to play I have to unplug my HDMI from my TV, and do the whole switch cable shebang.

And why am I not just using my HDMI? Because I haven't calibrated the monitor with it, so the colors and gamma is way off. And I have only one HDMI, and I can't be assed to buy a new one just because I'm lazy.

So does anyone know a start up command or some way to force DayZ to accept my demand for vsync locked at 60 fps?

I know the game is still alpha and that this bug probably will be fixed at some point, but for now I just want my 60 fps (which I have waited 2 years for!).

4 answers to this question

Rolle    2953

Why don't you set Adaptive Vsync in global section of Nnidia control panel and then disable Vsync in game? That should work and give you smooth FPS without screen tearing.

//Edit: Also, 9000 posts.

If you set the line "refresh=xxx;" in Dayz.cfg to 60 does it not help?

Did not mean to quote.

Gremlinco    2

Why don't you set Adaptive Vsync in global section of Nnidia control panel and then disable Vsync in game? That should work and give you smooth FPS without screen tearing.

//Edit: Also, 9000 posts.

I am trying your Rolle solution as we speak, I tried it before but forgot to disable vsync in the game *facepalm*.

Fackmos it says 60 in the files, but it seems the game ignores that or something.

EDIT: Rolle is truly a god, this worked like a charm and now I am enjoying smooth 60, 100, 120 fps. So glorious.... (Congratz with the 9000)

B7U3cChCQAEYaZu.jpg