Server time: 2017-10-18, 20:21
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
RavioliKing

Loot complaints...

RavioliKing    10

Just going to put in my 2 cents here for the people complaining about a lack of loot. Quite simply... It's realistic. Why would there be loot in these major hotspots, especially considering the outbreak happened 2 years ago. I think the lack of loot will make trading much more relevant, thus generating more RP. I understand if you really need a certain piece of whatever to make your character how you want him/her, I've needed a pair of black jeans since the update lol, rocking my slacks. 

P.s. Smaller towns are where you'll find more loot! :)

Future    31

I haven't really seen many complaints about the loot, I haven't had any problems finding what I need.

But, it's different than what it used to be of course.

RavioliKing    10

I haven't really seen many complaints about the loot, I haven't had any problems finding what I need.

Eh, I've seen quite few spread around the forums, mainly the new guys. I'm not digging at anyone obviously, I just thought I'd address anyone that felt that way about the loot. 

Glad you've found what you need dude! :'D

Aiko    646

I have seen a few complaints here and there about no loot on the coast line, people cant find food and so on and so forth. Which is usually meet with responses like, go more inland. Go to smaller towns like Ravi has mentioned. There is loot out there, you just have to look really hard for it now. I agree it is much more realistic to have nothing at all around major cities. Asking and trading should be normal things, not just ammunition. I think people should trade other things like food, and clothing. Heck a book collector would be interesting to see, no?

Not a lot of complaints, but I hear about it a little too. I usually tell them go find a chicken, seeing as those seem to be everywhere this patch. Which I find kind of refreshing, giving hunters something actually to do. In fact I am excited to see wolves soon! Bring another predator to the game, same with bears. ^_^

Future    31

Eh, I've seen quite few spread around the forums, mainly the new guys. I'm not digging at anyone obviously, I just thought I'd address anyone that felt that way about the loot. 

Glad you've found what you need dude! :'D

Oh by all means, your points are spot on about smaller areas. What people are doing is going to the major loot areas, or expecting to find a ton on the coast which isn't gonna be the case. With how loot respawns, if someone has been there you may as well try your luck going a different direction.

Hebee    2647

I mean supplies in .60 are a little harder to find, but I haven't noticed it being that bad to where someone would be complaining about it. It's not as easy as .59 , but it is a joke in comparison to .55 if you remember those Apple picking days. All in all I feel loot is pretty good the way it is setup right now in all reality.

Connvexus    36

Yeah spawning on the coast is a bit shit sometimes, and for gameplay yeah no loot sucks. But this is a RP server, not a looting server.

The goal is to RP as realistic as possible, so shouldn't the world be like that too? It's been 2 years since the infection hit. There would be literally nothing left after 2 years. You'd be hunting and growing crops.

Dustup    124

I think that it is good in a way as it encourages people to move from town to town.  Still not as bad as the apple picking simulator patch.

Dusty    1575

I personally wish they'd fix the central loot economy. It's not working correctly right now, as after an hour or more of the server being up, items seem to stop respawning altogether, leaving spawn sites empty. While this may be immersive for RP's sake, being 1.5 years into the apocalypse and all, this is not how it should be. Items seem to only respawn correctly on server crash/restart. Again, while it makes sense for military locations to be completely empty 1.5 years into the apocalypse, the actual lore for DayZ the game has it being set right at the beginning of the outbreak, so it wouldn't make too much sense for everything to be empty. There also seem to be mini-lootsplosions, with multiple of the same thing spawning in the same spot or spawning in the same buildings. There are certain wooden booth things at military locations that spawn a metric fuckload of rice , tactical bacon, and mosin ammo.

That being said, what I can't find while looting, I can usually get through strongarming and robbing, and with the amount of people playing on the servers at almost all times, that business is booming. Usually though, it seems like the only things being difficult to find are military rifles and military ammunition, which would kind of make sense to be slightly rare. I do hope they fix the central loot economy right now, but the game is still very, very playable the way it currently is.

Hagger    117

If you are running out of food and can't find those tasty canned goods in towns, head into nature.

The apple trees, berry bushes, wildlife, fish... the options are endless (well those are the options atm, but you can roleplay gathering etc.) I personally wish that guns especially automated ones would be even more rare. If we jump into realism train, the bullets should be the most valuable and the most rare items in-game, since making new bullet would be extremely difficult. You could make gunpowder, recycle old shells and melt some lead to make some bullets, but the game mechanics doesn't allow that just yet. Maybe someday?

Melvin    84

Oh man, 0.55. Where the robbery reason of robbing for food is actually legitimate.

It was horrible running from coast to airfield and only finding a can of food. Rice was worth a AUG back then. Good times.

Hebee    2647

-snip-

I personally thought that patch was the most realistic in terms of food spawns. I loved it and wished that how it was now. Plus cooking pots were worth their weight in gold, and then some. ;)

n00b_pl4ys    0

I personally don't mind the lack of loot as people have said it makes trading more worth while and hopefully in some future dayZ updates server owners should have the option to change how often loot spawn.

Plank    0

Awfully odd when military buildings are void of loot, yet you can walk into a residential area, step into a house and find 6 pristine black balaclavas. :P

Melvin    84

-snip-

I personally thought that patch was the most realistic in terms of food spawns. I loved it and wished that how it was now. Plus cooking pots were worth their weight in gold, and then some. ;)

For realism-oriented lads like you, it must have been quite the experience but I personally found it really unfun. :(

Don't get me started on the cooking pots. Back then, if you walked in GM with a cooking pot, oh man... bandits flocked by the groups.

McCoy III    7

Apple picking days were great lol. At BASH it was against the rules to cut the apple tree down haha

Plank    0

Apple picking days were great lol. At BASH it was against the rules to cut the apple tree down haha

REDFIELD FARMS REPRESENT.  

Trespass on our orchard, lose your god damned toes.

[video=youtube]

Stiflex    118

The loot system works fine, supplies are ridiculously easy to find in my opinion, especially considering that orchards and water pumps are an unlimited supply of both food and drink.

The reason why it looks like there's nothing on the server, is because this is an RP server, which means that there's generally very little killing going on, because of this, people are free to roam around the airfields and bases and pick up whatever they need. When on any other server, only a few people who are already armed get to take some items and then proceed to killing everyone else who tries to do so. Furthermore, I believe the loot doesn't spawn because the game thinks there's too much of it, meaning that people are carrying it. That's my take on 0.60 from personal experience. I do agree with the idea that this is a good thing, this makes trading so much more relevant and makes it feel like you're going to encounter more bandits who may try to rob you for your supplies - which is what would normaly happen in an apocalypse.

Tewudin    44

Awfully odd when military buildings are void of loot, yet you can walk into a residential area, step into a house and find 6 pristine black balaclavas.  :P

Who wears balaclava during summer? :D

Plank    0

Awfully odd when military buildings are void of loot, yet you can walk into a residential area, step into a house and find 6 pristine black balaclavas.  :P

Scary men in blue armbands... ;)

Tewudin    44

Scary and the ones that like high temepratures on their faces.

Plank    0

Scary and the ones that like high temepratures on their faces.

The sweat and body odour is part of our Psy-Ops.  :3

baskorthuis    10

I don't have a problem with the loot in 0.60 Its just harder to get what you need and that makes it even more fun. On the other hand, some items seem to be not present or rare when they used to be very common before the update. Things like .308 and stabvests.

RavioliKing    10

I don't have a problem with the loot in 0.60 Its just harder to get what you need and that makes it even more fun. On the other hand, some items seem to be not present or rare when they used to be very common before the update. Things like .308 and stabvests.

.308 seems pretty rare, but in all fairness I found 2 boxes in the same house yesterday lol. I think you've got it spot on there though, it pretty much just seems like they've made quite a few of the usual 'common' items a bit rarer.

Blu    39

I hate that M4s are now more common than AKs, it makes no sense at all.