Server time: 2017-08-18, 05:08

Sign in to follow this  
Smau

Are people allowed to do that!?

Question

Smau    8

Recently I've witnessed a man getting blown by a land mine next to me, who ever placed that on the road are they allowed to do that?

Just curious....

5 answers to this question

Aiko    568

No its not allowed to do that, but sadly the logs dont show death by landminds or grenades. If you see a landmind in the future, even if you think its off or not. I wouldn't try approaching it. I actually believe there is a rule stating, that if you have a stash and want to keep it safe you are allowed to do this. As long its not in a high traffic area. If I am wrong someone can correct me on this ^_^

Placing explosive items such as tripwires and mines is prohibited in populated areas, and deaths caused by them would be considered RDM/KoS.

However, you are allowed to place them in your camp in unpopulated areas, for example in the middle of a forest far away from popular towns.

With the above said, I will /solve this question. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact a community helper.

O G    30

As others have said, no. Random land mines being places around Chernarus is classified as RDM, and can be reported. This is under random circumstance and in areas that have the most traffic. Usually it's a big no no.

As far as it being tracked, I'm not sure. After a certain period of time, I would guess it would just show up in the log as "Unknown Entity" (Being the player.) depending on how long it's been down for, or if the person has logged off. In my experience, that's usually how it works.

Smau    8

Thank you! :D

Because a guy got killed in the middle of Kabanino.